We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AAPortal.net - Changes to come :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip
Posted Image
We have finally started to work hard on our website. Now that we have a few more people in our team, that are translating the website to french, that we are currently negotiating about a korean section of our website, and that we now have the possibility to create more interesting articles every day, we are for sure a must see, so I post this here. Just check the main page of our website - Aaportal.net. You will be able to track the changes and participate in the portal's development.
Thanks!

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
SMF 2 RC3, hey?

Not that awsome for posting articles and such, I'd have picked drupal like I did for the YS Online community site. Anyways, this site (community.archeage-online.com) does seem a bit better in comparisson -even though IPB lags modifications- and you still haven't added Aeva Media to your site which is a drawback in your media playback capabilities.

In all honestly it'd be better if you used these forums and just made a russian version of em, combine your teams and migrate the domain name.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip

SMF 2 RC3, hey?

Not that awsome for posting articles and such, I'd have picked drupal like I did for the YS Online community site. Anyways, this site (community.archeage-online.com) does seem a bit better in comparisson -even though IPB lags modifications- and you still haven't added Aeva Media to your site which is a drawback in your media playback capabilities.

In all honestly it'd be better if you used these forums and just made a russian version of em, combine your teams and migrate the domain name.

if you read the post, it says - a change of the site's engine - that means the functions and design, so your post makes no sense.
And no, its not better, i have around 1000 active followers, and this forums, like 30

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Was half asleep when i first read your thread, anyway... it feels like your're just implying that this site should roll over and die. (No offence)

I still think it's be wiser for you to operate the russian site while this one becomes the english one, as for having a link to XL games, that is a plus but 2 diffrent communities in one forum does tend to get too messy, unless you block out other language's forums from member settings or whatever in which case each language has no idea what happens on the other side.

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip

Was half asleep when i first read your thread, anyway... it feels like your're just implying that this site should roll over and die. (No offence)

I still think it's be wiser for you to operate the russian site while this one becomes the english one, as for having a link to XL games, that is a plus but 2 diffrent communities in one forum does tend to get too messy, unless you block out other language's forums from member settings or whatever in which case each language has no idea what happens on the other side.

it seems you have not understood. XLGames needs a good english community, which doesnt break NDA like this one, so i will make an english community and leave the russian one, and maybe add a french one. And its easily managable on the website, because it wont be a blog, it will be a website with all information on it. And the forums will be divided easily :laugh:

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
So... something like~ let's say something close to aionsource and aion armory?

(yeah, played aion for way too long)

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip
no, closer to ageofconan.ru

Beags

Beags

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
i am unable to register on aaportal.net atm. also, every time i navigate, it returns to russian and i have to select english again

Money makes the world go 'round, we know that. Is it gonna change your life if you own that?

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Good luck with your fansite, Romtim. The ArcheAge Online Community has enjoyed and appreciated everything you've done for ArcheAge fans. Stay in touch! :)

So... something like~ let's say something close to aionsource and aion armory?

(yeah, played aion for way too long)

Funny, I made AionSource.com in 2006. ;)

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip

i am unable to register on aaportal.net atm. also, every time i navigate, it returns to russian and i have to select english again

Because it isn't done yet :teehee:
As stated, please wait until... Saturday, Sunday or so.

Good luck with your fansite, Romtim. The ArcheAge Online Community has enjoyed and appreciated everything you've done for ArcheAge fans. Stay in touch! :)

Funny, I made AionSource.com in 2006. ;)

Thanks, i will :thumbsup:

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Thought aionsource belonged to curse network...

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Thought aionsource belonged to curse network...

It does now, after I got fired from the company in 2009 for refusing to breach PRSA ethics code in order to keep an advertiser happy. I privately owned the site until Curse acquired it in 2008 and hired me to administrate it.

I don't like to dwell on that event. What matters now is that I have experience nurturing healthy communities for years before the game is released, and I'm smart enough with my finances to be able to fund this site out of pocket, without advertisements or subscriptions.

ArcheAge is on a VPS running Debian with Litespeed as the web daemon instead of Apache. Everything's generally butter-smooth 95% of the time, except when someone in the datacenter trips over a cord. Hard drives dying isn't much of a problem, since the storage is cloud-based and redundant.

Synner

Synner

Skipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
this is a bitch move. just sayin

It does now, after I got fired from the company in 2009 for refusing to breach PRSA ethics code in order to keep an advertiser happy.

they wanted you to sell the members emails and shit didnt they?
Posted Image

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Meh, i'm still getting spammed by the guys who got the accounts off curse, whatever though. Nice job so far

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

this is a bitch move. just sayin

they wanted you to sell the members emails and shit didnt they?

No, they wanted me to remove information from the site that was publicly available on GameStop.com. I refused.

Meh, i'm still getting spammed by the guys who got the accounts off curse, whatever though. Nice job so far

Thanks! That means a lot to me. It's a nice feeling; doing someone a service and having fun at the same time (which is what fansites are all about, really). :D

Profit is the last thing on my mind nowadays, but it's the first thing on the minds of corporate-run fansite staff. Trust me, I got sick of constantly updating AionSource.com's ad code every time Curse wanted to experiment with some new form of flash ad. :L

Thanatos

Thanatos

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
well i think this site is the best fansite i have ever seen..good job! :thumbsup:

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Can be even better but, that will come eventually, it's too soon to be asking for the moon and stars yet.

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip
The design has been reworked, only some work on forum smilies performance, on the look of topics, and post creation needed.
Then we will fill the site starting tomorrow with information on the game. As it is filled at about 1\3 at this moment. Should be done by the end of this week.
aaportal.net

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Awesome, keep up the good work! Always good stuff to read. :)

Romtim

Romtim

The advertising bot.

• Members
  • PipPip
We have finally started to work hard on our website. Now that we have a few more people in our team, that are translating the website to french, that we are currently negotiating about a korean section of our website, and that we now have the possibility to create more interesting articles every day, we are for sure a must see, so I post this here. Just check the main page of our website - http://www.Aaportal.net. You will be able to track the changes and participate in the portal's development.
Thanks!