Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armor Set Bonuses

armor plate leather robe set bonus crafting upgrading endgame

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The Information here was VASTLY out of date! It has now been updated current as of May 27, 2013.

Not a pretty layout, but apologies spent way way too many hours mining this all off of the Inven site. http://archeage.inven.co.kr/

Using the Crafted sets only so far, will add dropped sets later once I can confirm that the listed stats are current, and where each set drops.

- Format is 4 piece bonus before the slash, 7 piece after ( 4pc / 7pc )

- L20...L50 Denotes the Armors Wearable Level

- Where more than 1 set exists in a level range it receives a letter identifier (a, b, c, d, e, f, g)

- Level 50 Armor sets come in 3 tiers (t1, t2, t3)

Plate set bonus
General - Averae to Slash and Pierce, Weak to Crush
General - 4pc +3% Armor
General 7pc +3% Armor, +3% Max HP

L20- +289 HP / +1.4% Damage Reduction
L24- +333 HP / 1.7% DR
L30- +366 HP / 1.9% DR
L34- +399 HP / 2% DR
L40- +432 HP / 2.2% DR
L44a- No bonus, but is upgradeable
L44b- +476 HP / 2.5%DR
L44c- +1 Vitality / 5.7%damage
L44d- +486 HP / +8.25 Spellpower
L50t1a- No bonus, but is upgradeable
L50t1b-  +207 Defense / +2.6% Attack speed
L50t1c- +2 Vitality / 6.2% dmg
L50t1d- +509 HP / 9.01 Spellpower
L50t2a- No bonus, but is upgradeable
L50t2b- +564HP / 2.9%DR
L50t2c-  +21.7% Crit Dmg / +6.9% Dmg
L50t2d-  +564HP / 9.82 Spellpower
L50t2e-   +442 AC / +295 Def
L50t2f- +295 Defense / +2.9% Attack speed
L50t2g-  +14.7% Healing Received / +2.9% physical damage
L50t3a- +4 Vitality / +7.7% Dmg
L50t3b- +631HP / 3.3%DR
L50t3c-  +23.7% Crit Dmg / +7.7% Dmg
L50t3d-  +631HP / 10.8 Spellpower
L50t3e-   +490 AC / +325 Def
L50t3f- +325 Defense / +3.3% Attack speed
L50t3g-  +16.5% Healing Received / +3.3% physical damage

Leather set bonus
General - Strong versus Crush, Average versus Slashing, weak to Pierce.
General - 4pc Dodge 3%, and +2m to Bow Range
General - 7pc Dodge 3%, +3m to Bow Range, close range +5% Critical chance

L20- +1.4% Dodge / +13.2% Critical Damage 
L24- +1.7% Dodge / +14.5% Crit Dmg
L30- +1.9% Dodge / +15.5% Crit Dmg
L34- +2% Dodge / +16.6% Crit Dmg
L40- +2.2% Dodge / +17.6% Crit Dmg
L44b- +4.1% Speed / +4.3% Attack Speed
L44c- +2.5% Dodge / +4.3% Attack Speed
L44d- +1 Vitality  / +5.7% Damage
L50t1b- +4.4% Speed / +4.6% Attack speed
L50t1c- +2.6% Dodge / +4.6% Attack Speed
L50t1d- +2 Vitality / +6.2% Damage
L50t2b- +4.9% Speed / +5.1 Attack Speed
L50t2c-  +21.7% Crit Dmg / +6.9% Dmg
L50t2d-  +2.9% Speed  / +5.1% Attack Speed
L50t2e-   +4.9% Speed / +2.9% Attack Rate
L50t2f-  +3 HP Combat Regen / +6.9% Damage
L50t2g-  +442 AC / +295 Defense
L50t3a- +3.3% Dodge / +23.7% Crit Dmg
L50t3b- +5.5% Speed  / 5.7% Attack Speed
L50t3c-  +23.7% Crit Dmg / +7.7% Dmg
L50t3d-  +3.3% Dodge / +5.7% Attack Speed
L50t3e-   +5.5% Speed / +3.3% Attack Rate
L50t3f- +4 Vitality / +7.7% Damage
L50t3g-  +490 AC / +325 Defense

Cloth set bonus
General - Weak to Slash, Average to Pierce and Crush
General - 4pc -4% Cast time, 50% reduction in added cast time when hit
General - 7pc -4% Cast time, 50% reduction in added cast time when hit, +5% Magic Dmg, -30% condition duration

L20- +253 Energy / +5.5 Spell Power
L24- +291 Energy / +6.4 Spell Power
L30- +319 Energy / +6.89 Spell Power
L34- +348 Energy / +7.38 Spell Power
L40- +376 Energy / +7.87 Spell Power
L44b- +476 Energy / +8.52 Spell Power
L44c- +414 Energy / -2.5% Cast Time
L44d- +378 AC / +2.5% Damage Reduction
L50t1b- +509 HP / +9.01 Spell Power
L50t1c- +443 Energy / -2.6% Cast Time
L50t1d- +402 AC / +2.6% Damage Reduction
L50t2b- +564HP / +9.82 Spell Power
L50t2c-  +442 AC/ +295 Defense
L50t2d-  +490 Energy / -2.9% Cast Time
L50t2e-   +14.7% Healing Received / +2.9% Physical Damage
L50t2f-  +442 AC / +2.9% Damage Reduction
L50t2g-  +3 Vitality / -2.9% Cast Time
L50t3a- +547 Energy / +10.8 Spell Power
L50t3b- +547 Energy / -3.3% Cast Time
L50t3c-  +490 AC/ +3.3% Damage Reduction
L50t3d-  +631HP / 10.8 Spellpower
L50t3e-   +490 AC / +325 Def
L50t3f-  +4 Vitality / -3.3% Cast Time
L50t3g-  +16.5% Healing Received / +3.3% physical damage

janii

janii

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Thanks!

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
awesome sauce ~.o

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
They mixed up the crafting system so that when you craft lvl 44+ gear you get an item that needs to be "unpacked" first. When you unpack it, you get the corresponding piece of one of 4 (maybe more) sets of that armor type. For example, if I tried to craft a lvl 44 leather helmet, I would craft the item and then "unpack it" and receive a lvl 44 leather helmet of one of the set types. I was pretty disappointed when I got all the mats together to craft a full lvl 44 set of leather (7 pieces) and ended up with pieces of 4 different set types and thus didn't get a nice set bonus. This means that there are at least 4 different set types to get, possibly more. Once you "unpack" the item, the icon changes and you can equip it which leads me to believe that each of the sets looks different.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

They mixed up the crafting system so that when you craft lvl 44+ gear you get an item that needs to be "unpacked" first. When you unpack it, you get the corresponding piece of one of 4 (maybe more) sets of that armor type. For example, if I tried to craft a lvl 44 leather helmet, I would craft the item and then "unpack it" and receive a lvl 44 leather helmet of one of the set types. I was pretty disappointed when I got all the mats together to craft a full lvl 44 set of leather (7 pieces) and ended up with pieces of 4 different set types and thus didn't get a nice set bonus. This means that there are at least 4 different set types to get, possibly more. Once you "unpack" the item, the icon changes and you can equip it which leads me to believe that each of the sets looks different.

I'll go into more detail in my review, but that gives you an idea why there's more than one robe armor set at lvl 44.

Both good and bad...
Good you can tailor your set bonus to your play style.
Bad you don't choose the set.

There should be a separate recipe for each set at least, or some way to pick what you are making

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I dont like luck involved in crafting. But as crafting something is extremely easy in ArcheAge its probably the only way to do it.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
They made crafting a little more involved now.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
It's good that there's more designs, bad that you can't choose one. Good that there are different bonuses too, but hopefully they'll let us separate the bonus and the item and combine them later (like Aion's weapon reskinning).

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I dont like luck involved in crafting. But as crafting something is extremely easy in ArcheAge its probably the only way to do it.

Luck aka "Randomness" is essential for crafting, to motivate the crafters, and to keep the economy alive and balanced. If there is no randomness, than there is monopole which is bad for the economy.

Yeah, the crafting was easy, because crafting materials were easy to get and just a few (usually only 1-3) were needed to craft an item. The number of materials needed to craft an item needs a drastic increase.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
But the entire point of crafting is if I start out to make a Red Shirt, I should a Red shirt, or a poor quality Red shirt, or a excellent Red shirt. Not a Green shirt.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

But the entire point of crafting is if I start out to make a Red Shirt, I should a Red shirt, or a poor quality Red shirt, or a excellent Red shirt. Not a Green shirt.

Have you ever tried to wash your clothes and than put a "made in chinese" Red Shirt into the washing machine?
Than you know what i mean :), color shifting in RL... aka "crafting fail" :D

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
The problem with random results of crafting and even worse increasing your crafting skill by crafting is that the item prizes keep dropping far below the prize of the materials. Only a few items will end up being worth crafting. And that means the economy is really anything but working.
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

They mixed up the crafting system so that when you craft lvl 44+ gear you get an item that needs to be "unpacked" first. When you unpack it, you get the corresponding piece of one of 4 (maybe more) sets of that armor type.
For example, if I tried to craft a lvl 44 leather helmet, I would craft the item and then "unpack it" and receive a lvl 44 leather helmet of one of the set types. I was pretty disappointed when I got all the mats together to craft a full lvl 44 set of leather (7 pieces) and ended up with pieces of 4 different set types and thus didn't get a nice set bonus. This means that there are at least 4 different set types to get, possibly more. Once you "unpack" the item, the icon changes and you can equip it which leads me to believe that each of the sets looks different.

This and a "FAIL" chance for crafting, and we have a nice economy, a race for the best gear, a motivation to keep you busy collecting the best gear and a purpose for being a crafter.

Its better then in themeparks where after a month of playing the whole endgame part of the server has the exactly-same "best" gear, while with this kind of a system getting the "best" gear would by time consuming, and we would have a server with more variety.

What do you guys think about the chance to "fail" while crafting the item?
We know that it wasnt present in the CBT's, but it wasnt present in many MMOs CBT-OBT phases, but when they were launched, it was there.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Update:
Just to fill up CyclopsSlayer's topic, by adding the level 44 and 50 sets:

Plate
Spoiler: Level 44
  • (3 items) - Increases maximum health by 311
  • (5 items) - Reduces damage by 4.4%
  • (7 items) - Increases magical defense by 244
  • (5 items) - Increases magical defense by 244
  • (7 items) - Increases HP regen 6
  • (3 items) - Reduces damage by 4.4%
  • (5 items) - increases block chance by 4.4%
  • (7 items) - increases the level of Agra by 9%
  • (3 items) - parry increased by 4.4%
  • (5 items) - Increases magical defense by 244
  • (7 items) - 6% of incoming damage transferred to x
Spoiler: Level 50
  • (3 items) - Increases maximum health by 334
  • (5 items) - Increases magical defense by 256
  • (7 items) - Increases HP regen 7
Leather
  • (3 items) - Increases Critical by 34%
  • (5 items) - a chance to dodge increased by 4.4%
  • (7 items) - Increases maximum health by 311
  • (3 items) - increases the distance to detect stealthed by 85%
  • (5 items) - Increases attack speed by 5.1%
  • (7 items) - Reduces damage by 4.4%
  • (3 items) - increases the accuracy by 3.3%
  • (5 items) - Increases attack speed by 5.1%
  • (7 items) - Increases movement speed by 8%
  • (5 items) - Increases attack power by 4.3%
  • (7 items) - Increases HP regen 6
  • (3 items) - increases the accuracy by 3.5%
  • (5 items) - Increases attack speed by 5.4%
  • (7 items) - Increases movement speed by 9%
Robe
  • (5 items) - Increases magical attack by 4.3%
  • (7 items) - Increases physical defense by 244
  • (3 items) - Increases physical defense by 244
  • (5 items) - Increases Critical by 34%
  • (7 items) - Increases movement speed by 8%
  • (3 items) - reduces cast time by 5.7%
  • (5 items) - increases the accuracy by 4.7% (*)
  • (7 items) - a chance to dodge increases by 4.8%
Note:
The translations not 100% accurate.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thanks Llexx!

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Luck aka "Randomness" is essential for crafting, to motivate the crafters, and to keep the economy alive and balanced. If there is no randomness, than there is monopole which is bad for the economy.

Yeah, the crafting was easy, because crafting materials were easy to get and just a few (usually only 1-3) were needed to craft an item. The number of materials needed to craft an item needs a drastic increase.

There's nothing more demotivating than failing to craft a bow when you farmed the mats for 2 months. Although to some degree there must be some kind of curve to force a time sink on crafting. I think it would have been more interesting to have mini-games involving skill to craft gear. It would also allow superior bonuses when you did really well in a mini-game.

It might sound stupid, but a long time ago I had the chance to play cooking mama on the DS and I thought it was really fun to "craft stuff" by doing reactive activities, it was also pretty hard to get perfect scores on meals.

Posted Image

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
The problem with crafting mini-games is you get the ones as trivial as EQ2, or as arcane and obscure Vanguard.

Simple failure though can break people, take Aion and the original "Hot Heart of Magic", gather 100(125?) drops from elite mobs, buy/beg/farm the other materials, skill yourself up to master level, click combine and pray to all that is holy that you roll that 5% chance to get the Critical and get the Hot Heart, otherwise you got the simple ruined heart that couldn't even be sold. I failed 13 times in a row, after spending literally a full month gathering the drops and cash for the tries, after 13 failures I was broke, disheartened, and quit the game for a few months. Never played that character again. (they later made that quest step significantly easier)

Grane

Grane

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Hey iv been wondering do armors have a basic stat bonus ? im reading alot about set bonuses but i havent seen any info on basic stat bonuses. Isnt that something to consider aswell when getting gear ?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Hey iv been wondering do armors have a basic stat bonus ? im reading alot about set bonuses but i havent seen any info on basic stat bonuses. Isnt that something to consider aswell when getting gear ?

They have a basic stat bonus (the usual +x dex/str/int etc)

As well as they have hidden stat bonus (this won't appear when crafting, only when equipping the item, and its randomly generated from +1 to +9, you will get 2 hidden stats per item once equipped).

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

As well as they have hidden stat bonus (this won't appear when crafting, only when equipping the item, and its randomly generated from +1 to +9, you will get 2 hidden stats per item once equipped).

I realize when equipping the crafted item it will randomly generates a (+1)-(+9) level, but is there any way to increase this number if you wished (such as paying an NPC or buying a special item to increase the number).