ArcheAge has had three distinct brand identities, counting the current one.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Pirate Way "Arrgh"

Pirate Jack Sparrow Karma Crime

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Source: GoHa.ru - Первый Пират(3к+ кармы) на Сервере Орхидея

This tutorial is mainly a translation of the one above, and covers the pirate experience of Bloodforce from guild Evangelion, who was to first player to become Pirate on the server Orchid in CBT5.

What you need to know about the Pirates:
  • To become a pirate, you must fill 3k total karma. You decide on how to collect that amount of karma (stealing, killing, PK...)
  • By being a Pirate, you can create an Expedition Force of pirates.
  • By not being a Pirate, then you can't take the Pirate party, in other matters as well as he can not take the Pirates. (not sure if he means party or expedition force)
  • Pirate with impunity to kill all the factions.
  • Pirate can kill all with impunity. Blood remains.
  • NOT pirate steal with impunity. Traces remain.
  • Pirates can't talk to NPC's on the southern continents.
  • Pirates agryatsya Guard all in the South. (cant find out what this means)
  • All NPC on the Pirate Island are friendly to a Pirate.
  • There are quests for Pirates on the Pirate Island.
  • Pirates can get a one hour lasting +1% damage buff on the Pirate Island.
Last moments as a free citizen, aka non pirate (with 2972 crime points)
Posted Image

After some dirty work, stealing and leaving a "few" footprints :P
Posted Image

And now finally becoming a pirate (3059 crime points)
Posted Image

Direct Course - The Pirate Island
Spoiler

Now the pirate NPC's are friendly, and now the interaction with them is possible:
Spoiler

Creating a clan of pirates:
Spoiler

Fairies race in the cages on the Pirate Island:
Spoiler

Course - The Lost Island, the first pirate mission:
Spoiler

"Salvation" Black Jack!:
Spoiler

Mission to "save" a pirate flag... completed... flag back into place:
Spoiler

A Pirate's harshest punishment, "the death" and back to the prison:
Spoiler

More pictures can be found here:
http://imgur.com/a/hd01T

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkT9PW28oVY

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
informative as ever Llexx, thanks for another great post... you're safe from any plank walking for now ;)

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
The two points where there is confusion; (at least as I see them)

- only pirates can join Pirate Expeditionary Forces.
- Pirates are aggro/kos/aggressive to southern guards

Evilidea

Evilidea

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
why is camera all over the place in vid r u using a video camera or recording with the computer. Hehe i actually got sort of sea sick watching it.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Pretty sure pirates also have their own dedicated housing area in the pirate island.

It's quite a lot of restrictions actually. The only bright side I see with being in the pirate faction is that you can have a multi-racial EF :D

dengar

dengar

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thanks Llexx! Some good info here!

JohnnyViscerate

JohnnyViscerate

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
thank you very much lexx.

AASIG_zpsef3abc8c.jpg

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Fairy race in a cage? Yes please.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
[spoilers=Pirate Dance (aftereffects of too much rum) :D]
Posted Image
[/spoilers]

Here is a cool pirate video from the Russian guild Advaita (CBT4):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgrtQ9BeZfA

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Wait... does this mean that if I become a pirate I am allowed to kill anyone I want without? I like open world PVP so the one where I get the least downsides is what I am looking for here...

Zappygun

Zappygun

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Wait... does this mean that if I become a pirate I am allowed to kill anyone I want without? I like open world PVP so the one where I get the least downsides is what I am looking for here...

Yes you can kill players of either faction if you're a pirate.

Don't be fooled though; that doesn't mean you can kill people of both factions without any consequences, iIt just means that you are actually able to attack players from (what used to be) your own faction.

You leave evidence in the form of blood traces every time you murder someone, which will be used against you in court and you'll be thrown in jail and all that. Furthermore, the life of a pirate - which was already not the easiest since almost everything that is not pirate will want to kill you - is becoming tougher with the recent changes regarding safe zones and ship abilities.

aasourcesig.png

Quote of the... erm... timespan:
ArcheAge is not about following a defined path to a defined goal, it's about getting killed on the way there.

-Quak0r, 2 April 2013

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well that's disappointing. Let's hope the situation changes before EU/NA release.

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Pirate in AA, for the eyes of any other person and NPC is like if you were red in Lineage 2 without chance of being in a safe zone (like being in Giran..unless someone lure a guard) except for your own island which dont really give you benefits...and it seems nothing have changed.

Pirates seem to aim to be that, the ''PK faction'' but...nobody say you cant make your own pirate guild and go and screw the other two factions or steal stuff or rbs.

Autok4n3

Autok4n3

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Personally, I want pirating to be VERY high risk, and a very hard lifestyle in this game, even if there's little reward. Even though the safe zones are a "meh" idea, I still like the idea that you're really only "safe" on the open sea. 

If you read about pirates in books, or other games.. they hardly have the rich lifestyle of say.. a merchant on land with large trade routes and stock. So the High risk, low return lifestyle of current pirating in this game is very appealing to me.

Also, back to the books and games about pirates, even their homes are in crummy, dark coves, or the "bad" part of the world. So having a barren wasteland for a homeland adds more the appeal of it.

Zappygun

Zappygun

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Personally, I want pirating to be VERY high risk, and a very hard lifestyle in this game, even if there's little reward. Even though the safe zones are a "meh" idea, I still like the idea that you're really only "safe" on the open sea. 

If you read about pirates in books, or other games.. they hardly have the rich lifestyle of say.. a merchant on land with large trade routes and stock. So the High risk, low return lifestyle of current pirating in this game is very appealing to me.

Also, back to the books and games about pirates, even their homes are in crummy, dark coves, or the "bad" part of the world. So having a barren wasteland for a homeland adds more the appeal of it.

I think you should've read a bit more carefully. Usually the captains of such ships were stinking rich. How did you think pirate captain Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts managed to get over 400 ships under his command? Honestly, I think it should be more of a high risk/high reward thing. That's both more realistic and more attractive, because if it's high risk/no reward, nobody's going to want to do it.

source

aasourcesig.png

Quote of the... erm... timespan:
ArcheAge is not about following a defined path to a defined goal, it's about getting killed on the way there.

-Quak0r, 2 April 2013

Autok4n3

Autok4n3

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I think you should've read a bit more carefully. Usually the captains of such ships were stinking rich. How did you think pirate captain Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts managed to get over 400 ships under his command? Honestly, I think it should be more of a high risk/high reward thing. That's both more realistic and more attractive, because if it's high risk/no reward, nobody's going to want to do it.

source

So one pirate being stinking rich because of his pirating success means all pirates were stinking rich? I'm aware of the successful pirates that had a lot of money to their name, but that doesn't mean that pirating was easy and every pirate out there was successful. I can imagine that the number of failed pirates to the number of successful pirates was VERY large considering the risk of being a pirate.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Lots of pokes and prods in this conversation.. if you were all real pirates, you'd know how to settle yer differences.

With a paper cartridge and steel ball.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

cdavis77

cdavis77

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I agree, it should be a hard life.  I also agree that if done correctly, you should be able to amass a fortune.  BUT, it shouldn't be easy and will not. There need to be gains that you do not get from the other factions like the ability to raid and take ownership of merchant vessels (even NPC ones) You can add the vessel to your fleet and man it for more pirating.  Of course, if you die you go before the court and lose all the ships you've collected (if you are designated "captain" of that group of ships)  Think of it as a raid group except that the ships take the place of the players.  One person is the leader and you use their ships.  Each ship has a "captain" designated in that party group.  If that captain dies his ship is lost from the battle.  If the whole raid party wipes, the ships are lost permanently.  Hard life but big rewards if successful.  Sell ships for big money to a pirate NPC/

Ultima Online - 12 yrs

WoW - 3yrs

SWG - 2yrs

Recent - Nothing worth playing  :(

Gamer - Forever  :D

Tsopolo

Tsopolo

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Honestly if it's this high of a risk to be a pirate there better be a hole shitload of perks to counter what you lose (90% of game content)

Why the hell can't pirates have safehouses on tiny little islands in the ocean? (Protected houses) we get 1 island with no where near enough space to house an active population.

I also think pirates should be there own faction (can't attack fellow pirates)

Nobody is going to level a character all the way to max level just to watch the majority of pirateable ships sail in protected trade routes and then be "alone" in a "community" based game.

Believe it or not a lot of pirates back in the day did meet up and share information on the Caribbean islands.

Its seems like to me they started with a really cool idea and then just stopped half way through.

No one plays high risk for no reward. The character might be fun at first butafter a couple of weeks its a new character you play and the other one kinda rusts in a sunken chest.

Pirate lifestyle needs a lot of work IMO before it's truly worth it.

Riders of Bubona

moo.guildlaunch.com

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

Being a pirate is not only a lifestyle, it is primarly a punishment for being an asshole. There should never be many perks¨. It shoudl be a very hardcore experience where everyone hunts you and you have very little to work with ihmo.