We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Open Letter to ArcheAge's Potential Publishers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
We can make AA's publishing open source and collaborative between let's say... EA and SOE.

Posted Image

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
SOEA? Sounds good to me, let's roll with it. No one will know any better, right?

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

SOEA? Sounds good to me, let's roll with it. No one will know any better, right?

Yes! Let's combine the worst of both worlds :-)

You know, if you multiply two negative numbers together the result is positive, nothing can go wrong!

Posted Image

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Well... when two companies that dense collide they could form a black hole and suck ALL gaming into oblivion! Back to Jacks and Marbles for high tech gaming

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
I'm not gonna discuss possible publishers, because that brings only rage and fury, as any of those names is in my head connected with tons of negavite and few to none positive stuff.

I just actually watched the video, it took methis long yeah I know shame on me, and I think it was ok, obviously there were mistakes like "not counting european countries together and then being surprised that more people want to play on EU server. Also completely ignoring the existence of Canada..... hehe... well..

But the point is that the music was well picked, well ballanced, and your voice is really great for this stuff. It is not annoying even long-term, it sounds kinda peacefull, like if profesional storyteller is telling you a stroy, you just keep listening and it sounds great, so you should do more voice podcasts, as you have a natural talent for that.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Sorry Canada and Europe! :(

I'm doing some podcasts with a friend about movies and comics that'll show up on my Youtube, and I'll probably make this video public since you guys seem to legitimately like it and aren't just trying to flatter. Kinda nice to be told you sound calm.

(You guys should have heard the podcast before I cut out all the "ums" and coughing.) :P

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

(You guys should have heard the podcast before I cut out all the "ums" and coughing.) :P

I knew it!

"Let's 'umm' get 'umm' 'cough cough' start-umm-ed 'cough'."

Posted Image

Drul

Drul

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I think best idea would be if ArcheAge released in west with dual payment option.

Separate server :
- some f2p
- some p2p

I think Dungeon Fighter Online in Korea was pulling something that succesully.
Also I seem to remember some smaller games pulliung something like that as well.

I really hope so - since I will not play f2p / freemium / cash shopped sandbox :( Even if it is sandbox-themepark mix.

Zappygun

Zappygun

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I think best idea would be if ArcheAge released in west with dual payment option.

Separate server :
- some f2p
- some p2p

I think Dungeon Fighter Online in Korea was pulling something that succesully.
Also I seem to remember some smaller games pulliung something like that as well.

I really hope so - since I will not play f2p / freemium / cash shopped sandbox :( Even if it is sandbox-themepark mix.

I have an opinion on this matter as well, but first I'd like ot advise you to stick to the topic of this thread, and save the discussion for the proper place. Just to keep things clean, you know ;)

On the topic of this thread, however: how about increasing the chances of this letter being read by sending emails to the publishers to take a look at it?

aasourcesig.png

Quote of the... erm... timespan:
ArcheAge is not about following a defined path to a defined goal, it's about getting killed on the way there.

-Quak0r, 2 April 2013

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
First i want to say, admin your letter is very well written. Hope this is the start of a great new development in the EU & NA.

Wanted to suggest one thing before this letter is actually sent to the publishers: edit the introduction with friendly remarks about the game or the community itself rather than asking to pay attention to the letter. Personalty, I wouldn't want my first impression to be a negative one.

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
If they make separate servers with different payments options they need to give us a reason to pay P2P server.

Posted Image

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Quite franky, I would not need a reason. P2P server with no cashshop and no auction house (more RP friendly server), would be a sole reason to play there. They money are really not an issue.

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Quite franky, I would not need a reason. P2P server with no cashshop and no auction house (more RP friendly server), would be a sole reason to play there. They money are really not an issue.

Well those are two reasons right there...

Posted Image

Drul

Drul

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Agreed.

Though it should have free ~3-7 day trial after population stabilize. EQ2 once had both p2p and freemium servers but p2p one were without trial and there was also cash shop there. Two things that were bad.

Keymouse8802

Keymouse8802

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Or making our own publisher. :|

sounds right.

Posted Image

WINTER IS COMING !

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Another suggestion (though it might be after an official publisher) would be to communicate with Valve to be available on Steam.

Incorporating a temporary (or permanent) F2P option would flourish with the four million Steam users, would be a great EU/NA start.

*Tempted to send a fan letter myself, any publicity is good publicity*

EDIT: Valve's has a process for developers to submit their games, called Greenlight. XLGames can submit Archeage http://steamcommunit...eenlight/

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Yeah it would be so great if ArcheAge was Pay 2 Win. Everyone would get his ass kicked if he doesnt spend 90€ a month. Oh wait...
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Great article, great podcast. Very informative. And I agree with the others, Admin ... great voice! ;)

Efaicia

Efaicia

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Very well put! Thank you for putting this together :)

I really think that with the "who are arche age fans" you need to get into age and mmo experience ranges as well as weather or not they are female/male (which i really dont think matters much) However if we are assumed to be a bunch of 10 year olds, regardless of sex, our skill leve is going to be much lower than that of a 36 year old veteran MMO player who is female.

Don't ya think? >.O
Efaicia
Soon to be;
The Eternally in Love,
Hopelessly Romantic,
and Strong Willed
Ferre!

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Maybe, but I don't really remember playing MMOs at 10 (lots of Pokemon) and I've never been a 36 year-old female MMO vet, so I can't say for sure. :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users