Development of ArcheAge began sometime in 2006.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Open Letter to ArcheAge's Potential Publishers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Skaylay

Skaylay

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
+
Nice letter, good arguments,
-
Little bit too cocky, this way it feels less like hard-punch community's statement and more like a child trying to convince the parent,

:P

My letter to AA's PP: You publish - I pay you -> we're both happy!
Posted Image

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Yeah, I wrote that a while ago, I'm a bit less hotheaded now than I was coming back from PAX and Gamescom.

Efaicia

Efaicia

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Maybe, but I don't really remember playing MMOs at 10 (lots of Pokemon) and I've never been a 36 year-old female MMO vet, so I can't say for sure. :X

My 10 year old daughter plays Tera. Gobs and Gobs of 10 year old children are playing MMO's these days. Who do you think current American releases are catering to? Sucks for adult gamers but..there it is.

You don't need to have been a "female" veteran gamer, the fact that I put "female" in there was simply because you thought it important to include genders with your letter ;P

You should however understand that a veteran (meaning long time) gamer has a skill level much higher than a 10 year old. Which means we will get bored with a game which is designed by developers who think only children play computer games.
Efaicia
Soon to be;
The Eternally in Love,
Hopelessly Romantic,
and Strong Willed
Ferre!

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
I agree with most of what you typed (and my previous response was comedic in nature, not serious).

However, I spent a lot of time at En Masse Entertainment's offices and I very seriously doubt they ever had intentions of 10 year olds playing TERA. Children definitely weren't the target market for that game. Sure kids may play it and have fun, but Bluehole and En Masse aren't making the games specifically for them. NCsoft definitely isn't making Blade and Soul for kids either. Too risque.

Benevolent

Benevolent

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
After speaking with XLGames, they are in the process of finding a publisher and are planning to bring it to the US. There isn't a question of whether or not someone will pick it up - as this statement is suggesting. It just all depends on who has the best bid.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

and I've never been a 36 year-old female MMO vet, so I can't say for sure. :X

You got plans to become a female MMO vet someday, admin?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

You got plans to become a female MMO vet someday, admin?

Who knows, maybe he is planning a trip to Taiwan :P

PsychoPigeon

PsychoPigeon

Professional Exaggerator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Where did this rumour that En Masse are looking into AA start?

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Someone asked some time ago somene from Enmasse if they are inteested in AA, and the answer was yes. There was nothing less nothing more, basically nothing in general, yet people want to chase any hope..... nothing more to add.

reighnman

reighnman

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Hope not, En Masse ruined TERA

Valandur

Valandur

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hope not, En Masse ruined TERA

Glanced at Tera's site. Man talk about a Wow clone! Even down to the stupidly oversized impossible shaped weapons! Glad I don't have to paly that game!

Val
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song

(Lifted from Shinaji, maybe they won't notice! :P )

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Hey guys, let's stick to talking about ArcheAge instead of trashing other games or people that have nothing to do with ArcheAge.

Valandur

Valandur

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I have a bad habit of letting the OT monster take over :P

This posted in the shout box thing by Fido..

@ Fido : (11 December 2012 - 08:22 PM) ArcheAge Open Beta Schedule (I) Public Open beta start: January 2, 2013 Advance the character creation: 2013 12 19 30 Client Download: December 17, 2013 from Details are continually updated -

Can someone explain whether open beta means that those outside of Korea, who haven't beta tested the game, will be allowed in?

Val
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song

Benevolent

Benevolent

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Woohoo! :D

Val

Now... how?... I still have not received that information. So, although I love the fun, if anyone can help, rather than ridicule, that would be great. thx.

Valandur

Valandur

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Now... how?... I still have not received that information. So, although I love the fun, if anyone can help, rather than ridicule, that would be great. thx.

Oh, I thought that was a mail saying that those outside of Korea could freely enter the OBT? Wasn't meant to be sarcastic, sorry.

There are two Q&A links in the shout box, but they are in Korean , if they haven't been translated in the morning I will attempt it :P

Val

Quiksilver

Quiksilver

Community Newbie

• Validating
  • Pip

Zil

Zil

Just Do It

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Ok think it this way: if we can not just show our support for Archeage but also effectivily work to bring it to the ocident, by not necessarily working alone on kickstarter but attracting the press and thus the interest of game publishers, that would be a huge step forward on achieving our goals of not only realesing Archeage but also in a short period of time while also making AA succesful in NA, with a strong participation of the players themselves, such as is this very forum.

Why don't you call XL Games and ask them if you can work for them for free while you're at it. They might just hire you to clean the dishes haha.

Posted Image

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Let's not post screenshots of emails with contact information from XLGAMES in it, thanks.

Benevolent

Benevolent

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
ArcheAdmin, I love you.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Thanks? Postcount padding. -1 karma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic