Jake Song's real name is Song Jae-kyeong.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge Class Trees and Skills Descriptions (CBT5 English)

class tree trees branch combo english skill skills built calculator

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Since no one wants to do the English part, then i will :P

Introduction
Here is a working skill calculator in other words a class planner for AA:

English class planner (link to discussion topic: English ArcheAge SkillCalculator)

German class planner

If you are new to ArcheAge, then here are some basic infos about the class system:

• ArcheAge has a triple class system
  • There are 10 skill trees/branches/schools in total from which you are able to choose 3 trees which will define your class (some would say built, but i would say that its the skills you choose are defining your built, i will come back to this in a few), resulting in a total of 120 different class combinations.
  • Each class has 3 trees, every tree has 11 active and 5 passive skills, so each class has 33+15 aka 48 skills ready, from which you can chose 23 skills which will define your characters built.
  • Every skill tree has its own level, they are leveling same as the character does (level 50 is the max), and also all the skills have level requirements (depending on the skill trees level and not on the characters level).

Spoiler: List of the 120 Class Combinations

Changes Between CBT4-CBT5:
Skill wise there were many chances: some got removed, some replaces with new ones, even added completely new skills to some trees, than many skills got nerfed (balancing reasons) especially from the Wild and Vocation trees, while some of the mage trees got improved, and two of the trees (Artistry, Devotion) got totally reworked.

Skills to choose:
Number of skills to choose from got reduced from 28 to 23 at the maximum level (50). So now a level 50 character will have a total of 23 skills ready to use which includes both active and passive ones.
P.S: they added the Battle Pets with CBT5 which have 5 skills for use too, and this 5+23 before and we are back to the same number of skills to use as during CBT4, maybe this was the reason they lowered the number of skills for players.

Separated skill tree choosing:
Now when creating a character, the player can choose one from the four basic skills trees (Wild, Magic, Devotion, Combat).
After reaching level 5, the player is able to choose the 2nd skill tree, and at level 10 to choose the 3rd skill tree.
P.S: don't forget that you can change the trees any time at a certain NPC for some fee.

Passive skills:
The way to choose passive skills have been redone, now its impassible to choose all the passive skills from a tree without taking any active skill.
In order to choose the first passive skill from a tree, the player needs to have 1 active skill chosen from that tree, to unlock the second passive skill you need to have 2 skills selected from the given tree, for the third passive 3 skills, for the fourth passive 5 skills, and if there is a fifth passive then you need to have 7 skills selected from the tree in order to be able to take that passive skill (this doesn't mean all 7 skills need to be active skills, passives count into this too).
Spoiler: Here is a picture for easier understanding:

Combo Skills:
Skills have different results depending on what buffs are on the player or debuffs on the target.
Some of them have been changed, and many new combos have been added, now during CBT5 almost every skill had 2-3 combos, and a few even had 4 combos.
Spoiler: List of Skill Combos from CBT4 - Russian version

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
The Skill Trees:
The active skills (11 of them) located on the left side and the passives (5 of them) on the right side.

Calling
Posted Image

This skill tree is for those who want to become assassins. Instant motion, go behind the targets back, excellent offensive skills, and self-buff passives to maximize the chance to kill the target, the ability to disappear from sight of the enemy.
Spoiler: Calling skills descriptions:

Wild
Posted Image

A tree for archers, a different set of offensive skills, debuffs to control the target, and self-buff passives to reinforcing possession of ranged weapons.
Spoiler: Wild skills descriptions:

Artistry
Posted Image

Mass debuffs (used to control the enemy), enhancing buffs for allies (there are massive beats), indispensable branch for tech support, good passives for enhancing abilities of this tree.
Spoiler: Artistry skills descriptions:

Fight
Posted Image

Single\massive attacks, specializing in weapons, fast movement, pulling the enemy to itself, reinforcing self buffs.
Spoiler: Fight skills descriptions:

Fortification
Posted Image

Skills from this tree will turn you into the Hulk! Debuff skills to control the enemies, excellent self-buff active and passive skills, aggro controlling, temporary invulnerability. Most skills are designed to protect the character.
Spoiler: Fortification skills descriptions:

Will
Posted Image

This tree is specialized to protect the player, avoid attacks, protection against debuffs, increased HP, teleport short distances on the battlefield, has skills for mass immunity to magic for the party/raid.
Spoiler: Will skills descriptions:

Devotion
Posted Image

The skill tree for the healers. A huge set of spells to save the life of your allies and the target, massive spells and self buffs, passives to amplify the power of healing magic.
Spoiler: Devotion skills descriptions:

Magic
Posted Image

A huge arsenal of mass magical attacks, a nice set of passive skills that increases magical attacks.
Spoiler: Magic skills descriptions:

Conjury
Posted Image

This tree contains single and mass debuffs (silence, roots, sleep, etc), self buffs, player can pretend to be dead, for those who are want to control (CC) their enemies.
Spoiler: Conjury skills descriptions:

Death
Posted Image

Black magic (there Vampire), to control the enemies with debuffs (lard, paralysis, telekinesis, slow), enhance magical critical rate. Similar to a necromancer.
Spoiler: Death skills descriptions:

Note:
  • This is a fast translation, most likely with some errors.
  • The names of the skills are not official.
  • Many combo skills are still missing from the list, during CBT5 almost all skills had 2-3 combos.
  • The level requirements for the skills are not included, the reason is that i couldn't find any accurate source for them.

Other sources:
GoHa.ru - Ветки скилов

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Okay, this is insane o.0

Thank you very much for your hard work, LlexX!
Everything looks legit for me.

And let´s hope that XLGAMES don´t change too much in OBT :)
I didn´t want to do an update of my german class almanach because of too many possible changes in OBT.

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Noremac

Noremac

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Great work! Any idea when an organized list of the new skill combos will be available? or a new skill calculator?

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Good god those charts are just nuts. Like spiderwebs. Hopefully this is a good thing. :)

Noremac

Noremac

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Good god those charts are just nuts. Like spiderwebs. Hopefully this is a good thing. :)

haha thats what i was thinking, and thats why i asked if their was gone be an organized skill combo list anytime soon.. This looks awesome

JohnnyViscerate

JohnnyViscerate

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Wow, go Llexx! I've been trying to put all this together myself... glad you beat me to it.

AASIG_zpsef3abc8c.jpg

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
This thing..... uuuuf.

OK, reading started.....

Posted Image

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
@Miya, that's right, make your girlfriend do all your homework and class build for you, jeez... ;)

CLavish

CLavish

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Excellent work! Thanks for that!

Galindruhek

Galindruhek

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Wow...thanks for all the work you put into that! ...Kind of makes me wonder though how much things will have changed by the time it comes to NA/EU...man I hope they find a partner over here soon!

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Ooooh, I like that skill combo chart. Too bad it's outdated. Tools like this will really help plan out a build.

Galadhir

Galadhir

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
/agree

Malgam

Malgam

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Separated skill tree choosing:
Now when creating a character, the player can choose one from the four basic skills trees (Wild, Magic, Devotion, Combat).
After reaching level 5, the player is able to choose the 2nd skill tree, and at level 10 to choose the 3rd skill tree.
P.S: don't forget that you can change the trees any time at a certain NPC for some fee.

Does this mean you choose one of the four trees you listed when you start, but you can change it later? If so, when can you change out of one of those four?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Does this mean you choose one of the four trees you listed when you start, but you can change it later? If so, when can you change out of one of those four?

Yes, you can change the trees whenever you want at an NPC, which is located at every bigger town, its working like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BE5_WoQEq4

Also the progress of the tree you replace will be kept (the level of the tree, not the skills you chosen from it). So that you can continue if switching back from where you left before.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Never done this before but....this need to be bumped! Also, maybe a sticky? Too many people seem to be missing this.

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Stickied it. Looking at the stickied list though I'm not sure how much it's actually doing. I guess I'll put a list of topics together in one post and sticky that sometime soonish.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Stickied it. Looking at the stickied list though I'm not sure how much it's actually doing. I guess I'll put a list of topics together in one post and sticky that sometime soonish.

You can un-sticky the skill trees I translated. They are outdated anyway.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
We solved that by using only few main topics like the knowledge base and link the other guides to them.
Too much pinned threads could be very confusing ^^

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

We solved that by using only few main topics like the knowledge base and link the other guides to them.
Too much pinned threads could be very confusing ^^

Indeed forum looks really confusing atm with so many pinned threads. Make one thread which points out all the guides in nice sections.