There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge the Criminal System (Crime-Court-Prison-Pirate CBT5)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Source: Blog.Naver.com

The criminal system in ArcheAge can be split into 4 big categories:

• Crime - Committing the crime.
  • Court - Determinating if player is guilty or innocent.
  • Prison - Spending time in the prison if guilty.
  • Pirate - If commited crimes too often.

1. Crime

There are 2 ways of committing a crime: murder or stealing.

Murder:
By killing other players from the same NPC faction.
After the incident Blood splatter traces will be left behind on the ground and other players (eyewitnesses) can collect it.
After collecting, it appears in the inventory as an item and by right clicking, it gets "reported" as a crime and the player who committed the crime will recieve a Crime Point.
2wdahx4.jpg

Stealing:
By stealing plants or livestock from other players from their protected lands (protected with scarecrow).
The thief leaves Footprints behind, which can be turned in the same way as the blood, upon which the thief receives a crime point.
AACriminalStealingFootprints-vi.jpg

Crime Point:
The criminal gets 1 crime point after each commited crime, when it gets reported by other players.
AACriminalCharacterScreen-vi.jpg

When the criminal score reaches the treshold of 50 crime points, he needs to be carefull not to die.
AACriminalDies-vi.jpg

When he dies, or relogs he gets a message, asking if he wants to go to the court for a trial or right into the jail (certain time).
"Do you want to participate in the trial: yes or no"
AACriminalMessageTrialorJail-vi.jpg

The trial might lower or higher the sentencing time, its up for the criminal to decide on his luck with the jurors.

2. Court (Trial)
The jury is made up of 5 random members of the court (players).

To become a member in the court (juror) or part of the jury, the player needs to be level 30+ and sign up at an NPC in the town.

When a criminal is sent for a trial, the players who signed up for the jury will get a message box, asking them if they want to participate on the trial or not, the first 5 players who accept to be the judge will get ported into the courthouse (its advised to be very fast with clicking, if you would like to become a juror).
AACriminalJuryInvite-vi.jpg

There is a pile of rocks on the ground at the court, from where the jurors can take "Paving Stone" and throw at the criminal (stoning style, like in the dark ages).
AACriminalJuryRockPile-vi.jpg

AACriminalJuryPavingStone-vi.jpg

The offender (criminal) is not allowed to move during the trial phase, his moves are automatic.
AACriminalJuryArguing-vi.jpg

Each participating juror at the trial can view the offenders criminal history screen, which contains all the criminal activity, the player have committed. Here the jurors can choose the verdict by pledging the criminal innocent or sending him to jail for a certain time from the given options.
AACriminalJuryCommited-vi.jpgFor example on this screen, the player has over 100 crime cases (12 pages), and can be sent to jail for up to 264 minutes, but his crime score is low, so he will get only to spend 48 minutes in the jail.

The max duration is determined by the amount of crimes the offender committed, and the actual sentence duration is based on how many people voted guilty for him.
(innocent = 0 guilty votes, 1, 2, 3, 4, max sentence = 5 guilty votes)

After the jury finished with sentencing (voting), based on their judgement a new screen pops up with the final sentence results.
AACriminalJuryTrialResult-vi.jpgAnother case:
AACriminalJuryTrialResult2-vi.jpg

If the criminal found guilty he gets ported into a prison cell.
AAPrisonCells-vi.jpg

A court session:

Fido on trial:

3. Prison (Jail)
Once a criminal is ported into the jail, he will recieve a debuff, which prevents him from using any skill from the skillbar.
AACriminalPrisonDebuff-vi.jpg

First by default, the criminal gets ported into a cell, where he ramains locked up for 10 minutes.

After the door will open up, and he is allowed to go out into the prison yard and expore and interact with the other inmates.
AAPrisonInmate-vi.jpg

They can:

• Smash boxes, and get prison clothing from it (hats, shirts, shorts, football shoes), there are some buckets around which can be put on head too and used as a hat.

AAPrisonSmashingBoxes-vi.jpg
AAPrisonBucketHat-vi.jpg

• Play football (US soccer), go close to the ball and use the kick skill. There is a scoreboard and 2 goals around.

• Kill rats and eventually find a key to the guard tower.

AAPrisonKillingRats-vi.jpg
AAPrisonGuardTowerKey-vi.jpg

Use the key to open the guard towers door.
AAPrisonGuardTowerDoor-vi.jpg

On the top of the tower is a chest, and a parachute inside (Wings of Liberty).
AAPrisonParachuteGlider-vi.jpg

The player can put this parachute on and use it as a glider to escape from the prison.
This item can be used only once, lasts for a few seconds, just enough to pass the prison walls and to fell into the sea, so its important to chose the highest elevation point for takeoff, and also you can't steer with this glider, so choose the right direction too.
AAPrisonGuardTowerTop-vi.jpg
AAPrisonGlidingJailbreak-vi.jpg

After a successful jailbreak you can start dancing...
AAPrisonDancingAfterJailbreak-vi.jpg
But don't be so happy, after escaping the prison the debuff will not wear off, so the player will still be limited and unable to use his skills until the debuff lasts.

Amaterasu exploring the jail CBT4:

Amaterasu escaping from the jail CBT4:

4. Pirate (Outlaw)
If a player gets sent many times into the prison, eventually he will became a pirate (will be ported to the pirate island).
More about the pirate life can be found here in my other guide:
The Pirate Way "Arrgh"

Pirate life by Advaita guild:

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Thanks for the guide again. System looks really nice I like the idea of getting jailed :)

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
unique and fresh, damn i want to play

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Excellent guide. Just one thing, the max duration is determined by the amount of crimes you committed and the actual sentence duration is based on how many people voted guilty for you not different weights of crimes committed.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Wonderful guide, as a professional criminal in CBT5 i can confirm :D

Edit: So, this Naver blog is the russian source, i see ^^
That should solve the watermark problem xD

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Excellent guide. Just one thing, the max duration is determined by the amount of crimes you committed and the actual sentence duration is based on how many people voted guilty for you not different weights of crimes committed.

Yea the google translation sounded weird, but i couldn't figure out the system and just left it like that, but now its clear, thanks. Time to update.

Also can someone tell me what is the first icon for on the sentenced picture (looks like handcuffs for me), the one next to it is the number of committed crimes, than below there is the number of murder cases (blood), and the number of theft (mask).

Edit: So, this Naver blog is the russian source, i see ^^
That should solve the watermark problem xD

Yea i guess so, it has tons of stuff similar to the Russian ones :)

Jekestrah

Jekestrah

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
This information is what I am looking forward for.

Thanks a LOT Llexx, you made my day.

-FP

-FP

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
When somebody gets killed, and leaves the blood, many players can loot it, or just one? What I'm trying to ask is if you just do 1 report per kill, or multiple reports from different players for the same kill.

if multiple reports, then you can get many crime points from the same kill?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

When somebody gets killed, and leaves the blood, many players can loot it, or just one? What I'm trying to ask is if you just do 1 report per kill, or multiple reports from different players for the same kill.

Just can be looted once by one player, after picking it up it gets removed from the ground and appears in the inventory as an item (1 inventory slot). Same goes for footprints.

-FP

-FP

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Ah I see, so if I'm playing with a friend, and my friend murders somebody, can I loot the blood (without reporting) to kinda "cover" the crime?

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Ah I see, so if I'm playing with a friend, and my friend murders somebody, can I loot the blood (without reporting) to kinda "cover" the crime?

Devious, but obvious enough they might have it worked around. Otherwise what is stopping the Thief/Killer themselves from picking up the evidence?

Reorks

Reorks

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Would be fine,smart and organised people always have the edge to tweak the system in their favour.
I also see the court system as heavily exploitable (from biggest guilds-alliances) but is not a problem.

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play.
Over the hills and far away.
To fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come-what may.
Over the hills and far away.

OccipitaL

OccipitaL

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Thanks for this beautiful post. This is an amazing system contributing to role play.  :rolleyes:

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Thanks for this beautiful post. This is an amazing system contributing to role play.  :rolleyes:

Thought you probably get a higher sentence if you start role playing in front of the jury xD

Kain98

Kain98

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

When it comes to being reported....is it just your one character that becomes a pirate or goes to jail or is your entire account affected?  Basically what I see happening is people using their alts to do a whole lot of stealing.  Once that alt is thrown to jail (or reaches 50 karma points)...delete....remake....steal again.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

When it comes to being reported....is it just your one character that becomes a pirate or goes to jail or is your entire account affected?  Basically what I see happening is people using their alts to do a whole lot of stealing.  Once that alt is thrown to jail (or reaches 50 karma points)...delete....remake....steal again.

Yeh they can do that, but there isn't really that much to steal in the first place since people will be warming on their scare crows. And stealing normal plants or trees isn't worth it since materials are so cheap in the auction house anyway. 

nightshark

nightshark

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

How do you actually commit crimes? I'm in a lv30 warzone and don't seem to be able to do anything negative to friendly players (green name)

BobZeConqueror

BobZeConqueror

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
If you want to attack red players and are in a PvP zone (red bar at top right) you need to flag yourself for PvP by pressing ctrl+F, and a small red circle with a p in it will appear next to your name. This means you will show up red to others and be able to attack green players.

Dizzee

Dizzee

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

good guide ! thanks 

tumblr_mnkped5hiD1rhwvlxo1_400.png

Natascha

Natascha

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

These crime and disgrace points, is there a chance to get rid of it once you've earned them?

Right me if I'm wrong, but the Pirates are a whole new faction opposing the other factions. (so I've read somewhere)

RPing I plan to become some kind of shady figure which steals and murders but I don't intend to become a Pirate.

So if I play for a while stealing and murdering I might eventually become a Pirate if I can't get those points down.

Can I perform some other karma-tasks or so to keep my crime-stats ''neutral-ish''?