In 2003 Jake Song left NCsoft and created XLGAMES.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge Houses and Castles Guide

House Housing Castle Building Walls Sandbox Construction Taxes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Source: GoHa.ru - Обзор домов в ArcheAge

Source: Chaos-Online.ru

Introduction:
ArcheAge has a complex and revolutionary housing system, where you are placing houses on the open world accessible to everyone, unlike in other MMOs where they are being instanced.

In ArcheAge players can build their own houses, with different types and sizes. They can be used as decoration, storage place, relaxing, crafting, safe spot from PK'ers...

Its possible to set permissions to the houses, like who you wan't to be able to enter, to use the storage chests, etc. There is a family system in the game too, so not everyone needs to have his/her own house, they can share the same one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trSXNYOYHoQ

Building a House:
Building a house step by step:

• Acquire a blueprint (buy from NPC).
  • Place down the foundation, rotate as you like while previewing it (after right clicking on the blueprint), to the direction you want the house to look. Each house has a circle of influence around it, where you can place things and have them be protected from theft. The circles must not overlap with other housing circles.
  • Make bundles of 100 wood or stone and carry them to the house, and use them to build the house, keep in mind that more exensive houses need more wood/stone. So get ready to walk a few times from the crafting station to your house, if the house is a bigger one, its adviced to ask freinds to help you out, since it takes too much time to build it alone. The simplest houses need 200 wood and 200 ore (4 times the walking), while the bigger once few thousand of mats (in CBT4 the biggest house costed 6000 wood and 6000 ore, but as sources tell it was reduced for CBT5, but its unknown to how much).
  • Now when the house is contructed, time to decorate it. Buy recipes from NPC and craft the objects.

The housing blueprints or "deeds" are only purchasable using a new currency implemented as part of the new trade system, and NOT the standard gold earned normally. There are silver coins (tear drop coins) and gold coins (delphi star coins).(thanks to Entaro)

Building the house CBT4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3DsDnk9tqo

Spoiler: Other videos about building houses and decorating them

Housing Spots:
Houses can't be placed just anywhere around the map:

• Northern Continents: The houses can be built in a radius of 250m from the center of the controllable territory (flying sword).
  • Southern Continents: The houses can be built on special housing areas.

Special Housing Areas:
They are located on the Southern Continents and also on islands, search for the AAHouseIcon-vi.png icons on the zone maps, like for example:
0a21f82ed476b6cf64943a3467739ac0.jpg
There are planty of these housing areas around, they are not all the same size, some areas can support up to 200 houses, while others just a few. Usually the ones which are close to towns are the big ones, while the remote locations are the small.

Destroying, Loosing and Taxing Houses:
Destroying the houses:

• Southern Continent: Houses built here can't be destroyed, only way to loose them is by not paying the taxes.
  • Northern Continent: When the enemy takes over a territory, they can demolish all houses built within a 100m radius from the center of the territory.

When a player loses his house, it will be sent to him via mail, so its possible to rebuild it again as it was before, so technically he just lost the housing spot earlier and have to look for a new one.

Tax rates, depends where is your house located:

• Southern Continent: There is a standard tax rate on the main continents set by the developers. The bigger the house, the higher the taxes. It didn't work out a percentage, but it seemed reasonable...ish. For lower level players the amount seems like a lot because the quests don't pay out that much. For higher level players the amount is chump change. Keep in mind that this is for the smallest house, so if you really want a big house expect it to cost you.
  • Northern Continent: On the so called PvP Continent the taxes are determined by who owns the territory.

Taxes are paid through the mail system and you will be notified a week in advance of when they are due. Payment is either for 1 week or 2 weeks, don't recall.
(thanks to Entaro for the info)

HOUSES

Asian-style Houses:
Price: 10 gold - Type One:
2252288358ff3f5100923fd5302799f3.jpg

Spoiler: More pictures

Price: 10 gold - Type Two:
955509012d4931bedd88ef4e20ebf0a8.jpg

Price: 100 gold
ed7987118c599e6927bedd0163d4a931.jpg

Price: 500 gold
82f36c240df73ce76115a71543e4dad6.jpg

Western-style Houses:
Price: 10 gold
6cc64b6a142f85835a8f261c1cc709f9.jpg

Price: 100 gold
ffef8c9283c78c53830f396c2c4c4466.jpg

Price: 150 gold
19799548e80d20538bcb975d18116d87.jpg

Price: 300 gold - Type One:
ef4753c07a21915d0a26f20d72814338.jpg

Price: 300 gold - Type Two:
6a9c465a7c2e3f2d6f81a20b01872dfa.jpg

Price: 300 gold - Type Three:
10ac22f55a7a234aa79d5241c992d5a3.jpg

Price: 300 gold - Type Four:
61c15b5bddd846df30546108afa9ac12.jpg

Price: 500 gold - Type One:
150982346710d9e1ecb78023eae12e02.jpg

Price: 500 gold - Type Two:
1f46cb0f6faff23631d3245c09175586.jpg

Price: 500 gold - Type Three:
1417cc6bf1444dcba38a3ca533f2760b.jpg

Price: 1000 gold
d4c80415e2882f14a889ad7fbf777d48.jpg

Houses on Water:
Price: unknown
1ca256b045bc26d364e22acbf7076dcc.jpg

Video demonstrating the housing types:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syoVh4JWgsg

CASTLES

Source: Goha.ru - Обзор замков в ArcheAge

In ArcheAge we can build not just houses but Walls-Gates-Towers too, which together form a Castle.

Castles can be built only on the North Continent, they are not available for building on the two starting continents.

These objects can be placed in a radius up to 100m around the center (flying sword) at the controllable territories. Furhter from the center up to 250m, houses and farms can be placed (they can be placed inside in the castle too).

Their prices varies depending on types, there are more types of objects, like open/closed tower etc. check them on the pictures for more info.

Asian-style Castles:
f8d434f639cb916e4b38ecefad929776.jpg

Costs:
82c342224367a1c5d0d6b62d82025b39.jpg

Western-style Castles:
1910f9a258fcb61faa683b28dd8d419c.jpg

Costs:
8346369504efda769246ca151adbcc6f.jpg

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Going to post here some pictures and videos, regarding houses and castles, without any watermarks :)

ScreenShots

Spoiler: Houses

Spoiler: House Insides

Spoiler: Houses on Water

Spoiler: Castle Parts

Spoiler: Castle Designs - its interesting to check

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I guess you dont sleep or work xD Thanks again some nice stuff with the castles can't wait to get one.

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
difference between castle and house? looks ofc and building place, but gives different benefits? house seems a safe zone in the map, nobody cant enter without your permission or even steal, but castle?

cons and pros, i ask this because it was the first thing i heard from AA (the ability to create structures) which made me think ''iam going to check this game''

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

difference between castle and house? looks ofc and building place, but gives different benefits? house seems a safe zone in the map, nobody cant enter without your permission or even steal, but castle?
cons and pros, i ask this because it was the first thing i heard from AA (the ability to create structures) which made me think ''iam going to check this game''

Technically there is no real castle type single building, think about it that a Castle is a group of houses with walls built around them, and can be built only on the controlled territories (Northern Continent).

You probably thought of a "Big" house as a "Castle", as that phrase was used before on this site.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Amazing work as always, LlexX :)
The german community shows you full respect :)

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
oh ok, then this housing structures are safe areas and depending in what you use or decorate will look like a simple house or resemble a castle.

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Another great addition to the community Llexx. As always I have some additions/comments on the article. :P

They did implement taxes in CBT5. There is a standard tax rate on the main continents set by the developers. The bigger the house, the higher the taxes. I didn't work out a percentage, but it seemed reasonable...ish. For lower level players the amount seems like a lot because the quests don't pay out that much. For higher level players the amount is chump change. Keep in mind that this is for the smallest house, so if you really want a big house expect it to cost you. On the 3rd continent the taxes are determined by who owns the territory.

Taxes are paid through the mail system and you will be notified a week in advance of when they are due. Payment is either for 1 week or 2 weeks, don't recall.

The housing recipes or "deeds" are only purchasable using a new currency implemented as part of the new trade system and NOT the standard gold earned normally. There are silver coins (tear drop coins) and gold coins (delphi star coins). I'll leave the new system, how the coins are obtained, and what you can buy with them for your next article. ;)

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Yes, the trade routes.

http://archeage-onli...n-den-Wohlstand

- Jake Song

-FP

-FP

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Also, I heard you can place NPCs by the houses to sell your stuff?

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

There were rumors about that, but didn't get implemented yet.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Oh the times when people made big markets full of vendors selling various of stuff in open world. Yes I want that.

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
some times i wish i was johnny mnemonic so i could just download LlexX's knowledge of the game directly into my brain ~.o

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

some times i wish i was johnny mnemonic so i could just download LlexX's knowledge of the game directly into my brain ~.o

But before that, i need to download Fido's first knowledge :D, so that my knowledge to be useful for later sharing.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

But before that, i need to download Fido's first knowledge :D, so that my knowledge to be useful for later sharing.

I need to download some developers information first :D

Ah, c´mon xD

- Jake Song

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
A typical "tax mail":
Posted Image
With basic taxes, percentage, amount of constructions/real estates owned, and how many times the player failed to pay which leads me to think you will get a penalty every week or so until they decide to burn your house down for squatting.

The housing recipes or "deeds" are only purchasable using a new currency implemented as part of the new trade system and NOT the standard gold earned normally. There are silver coins (tear drop coins) and gold coins (delphi star coins). I'll leave the new system, how the coins are obtained, and what you can buy with them for your next article. ;)

That's assuming they keep that system, because let's face it, a separate and untradeable currency is a terrible idea for a game that wants a "sandboxy" economic system.

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Nobody mentioned my vast hoard of knowledge. :(

I guess that's because I've been mostly keeping it to myself lately. Probably since I had to find something to replace strawberries...

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
@Entaro, your game knowledge is outstanding

You did know about Morpheus being killed e.g.
Me failed :(

- Jake Song

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Nobody mentioned my vast hoard of knowledge. :(

I guess that's because I've been mostly keeping it to myself lately. Probably since I had to find something to replace strawberries...

Agree, you should stop being shy! And share that knowledge. :)
Somehow the lack of strawberries in CBT5 made you disappear...

Also we don't hear much from Amaterasu since CBT5, he must be in love :D

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
No, he´s posting videos which means he´s still with us :D

- Jake Song