XLGAMES' first creation was a racing MMO called XL1.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge Localization - Applying the Patch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

-FP

-FP

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
To begin with, you need to download the patch.

Last patch release: Release 10: http://www.mediafire...euoccye1j06cg6k

Quote from patch author about release 10: "SQL key now detected automatically, no needs in updating patcher after every patch. Just repatch with existing."

And... "Due to updates in agreement, wich will starts after release, i recommend you not to use translation."

So once you have the localization patch, we can start.

One extra and optional (should be optional) step you can take to avoid possible problems, is disabling the user account control in Windows control panel. Check the next screenshot to see where and what you need to change. You need to restart your PC to get this settings fully applied, and you can always revert this after patching, if that will make you feel safer.

Posted Image

Make sure you have Java installed and updated:
(You need this in order to run the patcher)

http://java.com/en/

Also... make sure ArcheAge is fully updated and closed, and use the latest localization patch.

Now the actual patching.

1. Browse to the location where you downloaded/extracted the localization patch. And run aapatcher_obf. Run it as admin if you didn't take the extra step I said above.

Posted Image

2. The patcher UI will show up. Click Open.

Posted Image

3. Browse to the folder where you installed the game, and select the game_pak file. Click Open.

Posted Image

4. Select English (I guess) and check "Normal mode". Then click Patch.
-- Edit, the screenshot below is outdated, just choose "Normal mode".

Posted Image

Wait for it.

If it doesn't work and you didn't take the extra step I said, really just go back and do it.

Deltr0n

Deltr0n

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Main thread is pretty congested, so I decided to start a new one.

Current version (release 4)

Main Link: http://www.mediafire...crogaod5uk21y2b

Use at your own risk!

Special thanks to apxeolog and sweetdeal, and everyone else for helping with the translation thus far. Keep up with the good work.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Thanks for the updates apxeolog, sweetdeal and anyone else who contributed.

eladox

eladox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Hi,
That looks great but does it interfere with patching process?

File opened that is not a database file (file is encrypted or is not a database) (DB.java: 383)

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
The process to use this English patch:

Java must be updated and run the patcher with admin rights.

1. Open aapatcher_obf.jar with java (javaw.exe) Now you should have the patcher running.
2. Select game_pak in the archeage install folder D:\Games\ArcheAge\game_pak (Your path is different)
3. Select localization
4. Translator mode normal
5. Click patch

Or in more detail here:
Someone please merge this topic with:
ArcheAge Localization - Applying the Patch
And put it at the start, 1st or 2nd post.

cokeclassic

cokeclassic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
edit solved

eladox

eladox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I updated java and patcher has admin rights, also updated my windows security settings.
still getting same database error.

CribLizer

CribLizer

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hi,
That looks great but does it interfere with patching process?

File opened that is not a database file (file is encrypted or is not a database) (DB.java: 383)

It means that the encryption key in the patch doesn't match with the one in game_pak-file. So basically there is 2 different possibilities causing that: either your client isn't up to date or your patch-file isn't the lastest version (or 3rd option is that there is problem with your hardware and it corrupts the database file while reading it).

eladox

eladox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I redownloaded patch, now it doesn't give an error, instead just stuck at patching compact sqlite3. =/

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I redownloaded patch, now it doesn't give an error, instead just stuck at patching compact sqlite3. =/

There was a patch few mins ago so it wont work now for anyone need to wait for updated patcher.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

It's not stuck. Depending on how slow your hard drive is, it could take a few minutes for the patching to complete. It is not instant on normal hard drives. SSDs are much faster, however.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

It's not stuck. Depending on how slow your hard drive is, it could take a few minutes for the patching to complete. It is not instant on normal hard drives. SSDs are much faster, however.

For example I have quite beast computer the patcher takes from 30 secs to over 5minutes. I have no clue why it sometimes is so slow, but it doenst mean that the patching fails even if the bar is not moving. When you get and error message then it has failed. So with with a bad/worse computer I would imagine it could easily take twice as long easily.

cokeclassic

cokeclassic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Can someone send me a back up thats working? I think I broke my client and I dont know if the launcher has a repair tool.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Can someone send me a back up thats working? I think I broke my client and I dont know if the launcher has a repair tool.

I somehow doubt anyone would be sending 18gt back ups, ALWAYS take back ups when messing around with game files ;__;
No use messing around with the patcher now anyway since it's the wrong version.

cokeclassic

cokeclassic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I somehow doubt anyone would be sending 18gt back ups, ALWAYS take back ups when messing around with game files ;__;
No use messing around with the patcher now anyway since it's the wrong version.

Do you know if it will check the files once the server is back up? I was referring to the back ups created by the program, if they work, are they 18 gigs too?

YinZetsu

YinZetsu

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
after each patch the the english localisation patch gets messed up, so we can't really hope to have it up for when the servers are back up, once the game gets to a "stable" state it'd be fine... til then google translate and try to remember stuff from when the patcher worked xD
Traduction Française de Guide :

Monture *-* Farming *-* Housing/Castle *-* Plonger/Chasse aux trésors *-* Boss Guide

cokeclassic

cokeclassic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I know that, I'm not talking about the english patch... well maybe. I get a failed to load game data error when trying to open the game. Will that fix itself once the server goes back up or did I manage to break my client somehow? lol

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

I know that, I'm not talking about the english patch... well maybe. I get a failed to load game data error when trying to open the game. Will that fix itself once the server goes back up or did I manage to break my client somehow? lol

You managed to not read the 1st post correctly.

cokeclassic

cokeclassic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

You managed to not read the 1st post correctly.

I fixed the problem. It had nothing to do with the english patch, I was just seeing if someone here had an idea about what was causing it. My last patch didn't get applied properly and I had to roll it back.

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I must say that this localization and accompanying patcher is great work! Well done, to everyone involved in creating those. :)
Ao_sig_white-20130207.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users