In 2003 Jake Song left NCsoft and created XLGAMES.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beta Sign up ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Taiphoz

Taiphoz

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Just saw some videos of this and was blown away, trying to soak in all the info I can but looking for the EU beta link to sign up ?

Catch

Catch

Translator

• Members
  • PipPip

Just saw some videos of this and was blown away, trying to soak in all the info I can but looking for the EU beta link to sign up ?

I do not believe there is a beta sign up yet. They already did some invites for the 1st phase of closed beta from what I read.

SigTest3.png

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
There is no EU/NA beta yet. Sorry. When there is, we'll make a lot of news about it. :)

Catch

Catch

Translator

• Members
  • PipPip

There is no EU/NA beta yet. Sorry. When there is, we'll make a lot of news about it. :)

I know you cannot answer this accurately, but do you think its possible that it will happen soon.. and soon being within the next year (Since we all know, "Soon" in an MMO world could be a year).

SigTest3.png

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Sometime next year is accurate enough, depends how extensive their Korean beta testings are gona be and how much they plan on improving the game according to the feedback they get from them. But I'd put my money on us getting the game last, usually Korean games get ported to China and other Asian countries before a US/EU company decides they are worth their money.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

acadiancrusader

acadiancrusader

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
i'm seriously hoping that some rabid fans will translate all the text in the game from dat file mining. i'm more then willing to play a less then perfect game with horrible translations on a very distant server. this is one game that i truly want to play.

Empa

Empa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

i'm seriously hoping that some rabid fans will translate all the text in the game from dat file mining. i'm more then willing to play a less then perfect game with horrible translations on a very distant server. this is one game that i truly want to play.

That would be nice in theory but it would be more pain than joy to actually play it.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

It's not difficult to do, actually. The hardest part is decoding the .sqlite3 file that holds all the strings (text) in the game. It's password-protected and either the password is in one of the custom .dll files XLGames coded and included in the ArcheAge client, or the client gets the password from the server when it connects.

Honestly, I expect someone to crack it sooner or later and won't be at all surprised when it happens.

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Will take time to crack though specialy if the password is in korean.

Empa

Empa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Will take time to crack though specialy if the password is in korean.

Maybe a korean cracker will do it for us on Christmas :)

Blackmoor

Blackmoor

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Wow, there's so many MMOs I've been waiting for recently. But, I have to say ArcheAge blows the all away. I can definitely wait for as long as it takes for the game to come out.

Setari

Setari

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
There's no US betas either then eh?

Empa

Empa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

There's no US betas either then eh?

Later on likley.

its still around 2 years for estimated release..

Velimirius

Velimirius

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Its going to be worth waiting,but not for too long,the biggest problem of eastern mmos is that they make sensation at the time they release it in Korea with tons of gameplay videos,but from there till it comes to west it becomes nothing special and sometimes outdated, cuz mmo market is big and fast growing,with bunch of developers.

Game looks rly good and promising and ofc i dont want that develop of the game be rushed,but it shouldnt take too long.
"You'll never walk alone"

★Angel★

★Angel★

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

And I'll make sure to participate :o

|| An Angel ||Posted Image|| The Index ||

Yrr

Yrr

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Count me in (-;

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Count me in (-;

Counted. Also, welcome to AASource. :)

Muhra

Muhra

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I'd like to have a european beta too. This game attires me a lot, it's difficult to wait so long !

I also want to be in the test team !

Hoody

Hoody

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Likewise, also any ideas on when this game is reputed to be launching?

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Never till they find a publisher, Q4 2011 Korean OB