If you encounter an error while browsing ArcheAgeSource, please report it in the Website Feedback forum!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's new in OBT? Here is the Answer!

obt new features change changes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Source: GoHa.ru - Что нового на ОБТ

1. Scarecrow
  • The scarecrow's radius have been changed from a round shape to a square shape, because the round shape was inconvenient for planting and animal husbandry.
  • A new, bigger scarecrow have been added too, this has a bigger radius from the previous/smaller version.
[spoilers=Scarecrows]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
[/spoilers]

2. Ships
  • A new Cargo Boat have been added.
[spoilers=Cargo Boat]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/spoilers]
  • A new Chinese type ship have been added.
[spoilers=Chinese Ship]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBukBHrpK7o
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/spoilers]

3. House
  • New house recipe which occupies an area of 24m x 24m
[spoilers=House Recipe]

Building

Drawings: Stylish Nuian Sunlight, two story homes

Nuian stylish in a residential area, which occupies an area of 24m x 24m.

Oh sunshine 2 charging Homes • Construction will begin.
Dream stone construction materials Rummy 15 and steel package, and timber package of five.

Placed at 15 gold coins, and pay by the tax 人 effect: each week based on the amount of tax collected. Owned the house that the more tax will be charged. (The sum of the reserves within the same server architecture.)

Assuming sale: 15 Gold

Posted Image
[/spoilers]
  • New small islands with housing slot.
[spoilers=Private Islands]
Posted Image
[/spoilers]

4. Trading Island
  • New shop for glider.
[spoilers=New Glider Shop]
Posted Image
[/spoilers]
  • New mounts: more horses and donkeys.
[spoilers=New Mounts Shop]
waiting!
[/spoilers]

5. Rift
  • They were available in CBT5 too, but for OBT they have been changed.
  • Rifts now appear at random, and when they appearance on a location you can hear a horn sound and a big funnel appears on the sky.
[spoilers=Scrin Rift and Mobs/Bosses]
Posted Image
Posted Image

The boss of the rift:
Posted Image
[/spoilers]

6. Bosses
  • Bosses in the game are distributed uniformly to hight level content, and if you could kill a normal monster alone, for a boss you will need a minimum of 25 people (players with same level as the boss).
  • There are 5 new world bosses.
[spoilers=New World Bosses]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Waiting for a photograph for the bosses :)
[/spoilers]

7. Pets
  • New look for the wolf battle pet for the Western Continent's races (Nuian and Elf.
[spoilers=New Wolf]
need picture!
[/spoilers]
  • New pet for the Eastern Continent's races (Hariharan and Ferre).
[spoilers=New Pet - The Cat]
need picture
[/spoilers]

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Source GoHa.ru - Впечатления после нескольких дней теста

Garro's Impressions After A Few Days of OBT Testing

1. About Graphics and the Environment
Greatly improved graphics and detail of the world. It can be seen that the DX11 works everywhere, most likely the drawing distance was increased because of that.

A Living World:
Finally underwater world populated and living! Corals, algae, underwater currents, rocks, shoals with groups of small fish, and other beauties. Now underwater world looks really amazing. Birds fly over the locations, and on the ground floor different creatures are running. The effects like the dawn, dusk, fog, are now even better.

Appearance and Armor:
The armor design of the characters has been changed, now its easier to notice the different styles.
Magic robes began not to look like potato sacks with chunks of rope, and heavy armor became more gloomy and pretentious. Generally speaking, finally all look cool, here are some unhappy too visionary Koreans have made some new clothes so "very open" to female characters.

Graphic Settings:
Its impossible for everyone to enjoy the game in its full DX11 beauty, those with slower machines can quickly change to DX9. And the work to improve the game continues, at the start of the beta graphics glitches with the water was noticed, but in a couple of days nVidia released a patch to fix them.

2. Innovations in Quests
The initial quest lines have been greatly simplified, that is literally reduced the number of mobs that must be killed and the total number of quests. Which greatly simplified the leveling to 16-20. And it's definitely a good thing, the quicker you get level, the faster you get to the interesting content.

Quest storyline now accompanied by a beautiful movie and fully voiced, with Korean voice, but it gives hope that the localization in other countries story quests will also be announced. As before, the reward for story quests are the so-called "tears" that are necessary to buy different delicacies.

3. Changes in the Labor Points System
Perhaps one of the major features is the processing system for labor points.
Their maximum number was increased to 1,000 at the start, and now they limit increases depending on the number of points you spent working. 100 spent gives 10 points to their maximum number. But not like before when their maximum number increases was depending on the level of the character. Just speeded up their recovery, now labor point restore is one per minute.

Because the labor points were greatly changed, so the requirements for the collection, craft, etc. And very cleverly changed, this time to cut down the tree takes an average of 20 labor points, which is significantly higher than it was before, and similarly to collect ore. That is in spite of the increased number of key resources collected as before. But for the work on the farm remained constant, what motivates players to farm and allows players to craft and passionate production literally from own farms.

4. Scarecrow
The way the scarecrow worked got greatly changed. The main thing that has been changed is the safe area for planting, it is now limited to a square and a square 8x8, but in addition the developers have given players a new, little bigger scarecrow with a larger safe area 16x16.

5. Crafting Our Everything
The crafting system has been modified too, without going into specific details about them, (for now), to craft things now require significantly more resources from farms. I remember that when you 4 test, we experienced a little bit ... why do so many of them in the game after all are not used, but now they have all been involved in the craft and trade and clan and only heard about the planting and production of various plants.

Increased the maximum limit for leveling the skill to the max, if earlier it was 10,000 but now all 50,000 points, again to the delight of people who love to engage in the production, now that peak is very difficult and crafters with the ability to pump up to the maximum will be worth its weight in gold.

The increase in the number of labor points needed to craft items won't make everyone happy, although there certainly will be less obvious, for example to improve the set of seven items from level 34 to level 40 its gonna require 1050 labor points (1440 is restored a day). And if you want to improve item further even more labor points will be needed, its already lining up to crafters present stage because the latter do not have enough points to ensure that all of the things.

6. Trade
Changes were made to the trade system too, the game added a lot of new retail packs, the creation of which requires much less resources. Just in case, let me remind that trade makes the players packs of different resources in certain locations, and sold more expensive, depending on the distance from the location where they were taken. Trading in these packs is the main way to get the "old gold" (Delphi Coin, Delphinade Star) required to purchase house blueprints, locks, and so on. However, the sale price of all packs was reduced.

Kind of small step that should further revive trade by sea, making it very affordable, even for beginners. Everything else in the game has been added flushed skill trade, which directly influences the price at which the NPC traders take you good.

7. Ships
In the game there are two new ships, Chinese Galleons and Merchant Ship. I'll tell you about each of them briefly.

Chinese galleon much like the western counterparts, differences still, for the most part relate to appearance. The ship cover those eight guns and 4 on each side, there is a device for the detection of enemy ships, although it is not installed on the mast and on the deck, there is a crossbow, scuba, etc.

Merchant ship is much more interesting, when you remember that on CBT5 as a trade ship to do the same western galleon that's only with a lot of boxes for storage of cargo and cleaned guns, now trading ship is more like a greatly enlarged catamaran (speedboat) with 16 drawers where you can put packs, two guns on the sides and the instrument to detect other vessels. Some misleading the small size of the new ship, but I can assure you that the speed of the merchant ship is the same as that of fighting galleons.

An interesting solution was to add a few more ship skills, as you remember before the captain could only use the skill increases the speed of the ship for a short time, and now you can still improve its maneuverability other skills for a short period of time.

In my opinion a bit odd was the decision to remove the developer from the sale of the old gold galleons, warships now sold only with a blueprint for the tears worth a hundred. That pretty seriously.

Another important new feature is the ability to hijack enemy ship, a full course its not called stealing the ship, but anyone can take the steering wheel and sail the ship.

8. Many Other Changes
The game added a whole heap of new innovations and we are unlikely to find all of them and were able to appreciate.

Added new skills and changed the old in many classes, but in global terms, nothing has changed.

There was a new entry to the instance level 36-38 but until now, we couldn't enter.

Became more elaborate system of trial by jury, right down to the last detail, for example to the court added a pile of stones that you can throw on the accused.

Changed little the crafting system for gliders and added new models.

There is a new combat pet companion specifically for Ferre and Hariharan, of course, it has become a battle cat.

There are new hidden quests, new achievement when discovering secret locations, where players get rewarded when finding them with experience and tears.

Map interface has become incredibly sophisticated and user-friendly.

In instances now special sets of items are dropping, and they do not improve and is produced only in specific instances. We even saw Biji sets dropping there. Insatnce was changed completely for level 17-19.

New features were added to improve items, special stones that give special bonuses like the improved running speed or attack speed. These stones can be crafted as well as those that give more options, as well as purchased for glory (honor) points.

Added new level 40 raid boss, there were elite monsters.

Changed again the item crafting system to capture territory.

To list all the innovations that have appeared in the game with OBT is very hard, but I tried to describe what I can remember. And if I have forgotten what it is added later in the final report. (by Garro, GoHa.ru)

[spoilers=Pictures]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/spoilers]

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Good job! Damn got killed by that dragon today fuu

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Well done! I will be watching this thread with great interest. :)
Ao_sig_white-20130207.png

PsychoPigeon

PsychoPigeon

Professional Exaggerator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
awesome!!

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing it!

:)

"We need to enhance our security..."

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Posted Image
Posted Image

YinZetsu

YinZetsu

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
O.O Neko-chan i want it, WANTZ IT !!!!
Traduction Française de Guide :

Monture *-* Farming *-* Housing/Castle *-* Plonger/Chasse aux trésors *-* Boss Guide

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
oh wow awesome sauce amae.. was he or she bought or pet quest ^^

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Great information and great pics, especially the cat is cute xD

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I'm thinking from pet quest because she is a Hariaharan. Cats are Hariaharan's default pets.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Is the cat a follower or a house item?

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
its a follower attack pet, its skill bar is on bottom right ^^

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators

'

If it's like the wolf pet was in CBT5 then it's from a quest.

Thanks for the info Llexx. This is exactly what I was looking for since I don't have a press account this round.

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
yer thanks LlexX... you know you're covered in awesome sauce right ;)

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Are any class/combinations allowed more than one active pet at a time?

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Are any class/combinations allowed more than one active pet at a time?

Only allowed one pet at a time (besides mount of course).

Hyrule

Hyrule

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I don't know if these are the screen shots you need or not...let me know!

• New mounts: more horses and donkeys.
[spoilers=New Mounts Shop]
waiting!
[/spoilers]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Source: Ellord's Twitch TV

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

[spoilers=Picture 2]
Posted Image
[/spoilers]

Defuq a cat with a horse saddle, boots and a batman mask... where is this game heading...
Posted Image

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Nananana CATMAN!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: obt, new, features, change, changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users