We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge PVP

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Ruse

Ruse

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I'm not saying Will is weak. It's not, but it's not the end all be all that you are theorycrafting it is. Especially now that it's doesn't cure KDs anymore.

Ah, I must have been looking at an older skill list then or something, I thought I saw a KD break as well. Doesn't seem quite as mandatory, but a build that's a sitting duck if it doesn't get the first attack in still seems kinda unappealing, despite the advantages you might get elsewhere. (And let me repeat again, I do prefer group PvP -- I think solo/duo etc. shouldn't be completely broken, though.) Thanks for the detailed answer -- I know I only quoted a bit of it but the rest of the info was very useful.

...I do still dislike long CCs in PvP though. :B lol

Also trying to theorycraft yourself a build without having a access to the game is just pure madness.

Not trying to craft a build, just getting a feel for the landscape. :)

archeagefurniture.com | furniture gallery, housing guides

xDrac

xDrac

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Okay, this CC and being 2-3 hitted bullshit before even being able to defend is really starting to get on my nerves big time now...

ArcheAge-Online.de - German Community Staff Member

Graphic- & Webdesign - My Gallery

Leonyn

Leonyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

get some KD defense brooo :-P

Yeah thats a problem right now, only counter against the combat tree is putting points into fortification for the KD immunity and the invulnerability skill. You have to wait until the combat passive triggers and turn your invulnerability on until it wears down. After that you can handle the backstab much easier... or well you are the first to CC him lol ^^

Actually i have to disagree with amae. In the near future i see many people running around with will simply to protect themselves against the Grim Reapers, you just basically need 2 skill points into it to counter the whole class. (remember the stun breaker also removes spears)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Okay, this CC and being 2-3 hitted bullshit before even being able to defend is really starting to get on my nerves big time now...

Maybe also time to get rid of that quest gear you're using don't you think?

xDrac

xDrac

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yes it is. (I bought some from the AH already though)

But this isn't just me being the victim, after all I can just stun someone, disarm + backstab him and it happens that they're dead after 2-3 hits already. Imo thats kinda... unfair/dumb? I mean there's no chance to defend, no chance to do anything, pvp is so.... incredibly fast. xD

I don't know, I've just never played an MMO that was so CC-heavy and where pvp was so "short", I'm not used to it xD

ArcheAge-Online.de - German Community Staff Member

Graphic- & Webdesign - My Gallery

ranalin

ranalin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

But this isn't just me being the victim, after all I can just stun someone, disarm + backstab him and it happens that they're dead after 2-3 hits already. Imo thats kinda... unfair/dumb? I mean there's no chance to defend, no chance to do anything, pvp is so.... incredibly fast. xD

I don't know, I've just never played an MMO that was so CC-heavy and where pvp was so "short", I'm not used to it xD

SWG was just as bad... whomever got the kd first would win

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Maybe also time to get rid of that quest gear you're using don't you think?

Amaterasu is right about this one.

I keep watching live streams (mostly Russians) and its not always the one who starts the fight comes out as the winner, and the fight is never finished after 2-3 hits (more like 5-10 hits, depending on crits), also i see the victim managing to escape often (either getting up on his mount and riding away or flying off with his glider).

The combat isn't that bad as some are picturing it to be, try to compare 2 players with reasonable-equal gear, and not someone who is using green quest gear against another who is using crafted 44-50 sets.

Again to say, im just an observer, im not playing to experience it by myself.

Still i will stick to my opinion, that PvP damage should be reduced, to make combat longer and more tactical.

Reorks

Reorks

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I think pvp should be balanced towards a group scenario over the 1v1 aspect.

Clearly in a 1v1 a pure damage dealer would have an higher chance to kill his enemy in a 1v1/2v2 fight but it will be useless in a bigger fight unless he has descent supports that keeps him alive.

Maybe a damage reduction might be enough,from vids i could notice targets were dropping very easy but anything before endgame does not matter that much to me,if 3/4 levels do much of a difference in skills power,stats etc or not.

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play.
Over the hills and far away.
To fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come-what may.
Over the hills and far away.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I think only the pure damage dealer classes are making too much damage not a single tree itself is op. Only way to get rid of this is to make combo specific nerfs. What would happen all those hybrids that are using for example only death to deal damage if you nerf death like hell.

Usually it goes just like that when something is op they break it completely and make something else op instead.

And for those melee dps that has 4-5k hp and can't survive anything might wanna try to build some stamina xD

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I think pvp should be balanced towards a group scenario over the 1v1 aspect.
Clearly in a 1v1 a pure damage dealer would have an higher chance to kill his enemy in a 1v1/2v2 fight but it will be useless in a bigger fight unless he has descent supports that keeps him alive.

Ofc they should aim for GvG balance and not for 1v1, its not a Mortal Kombat or a Street Figher fighting game.

And for those melee dps that has 4-5k hp and can't survive anything might wanna try to build some stamina xD

The problem is that most of the DD (damage dealer) themepark players got used to ignore HP/stamina and go for the glass-cannon build (themepark type games allowed this), they didn't get used to the free open world PvP and don't value the HP/stamina stats yet, and this is going to be a big issue when AA comes out on the West, so many carebears will be crying when they start dropping like flies because of their low HP's. :D

Back to KR release, i believe the biggest problem for our players is the language barrier and its harder for them to understand some things/mechanics of the game, and thats why they are still under-geared.

Leonyn

Leonyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Llexx you should play the game itself before trying to talk about it, with the only knowledge having from streams. (i would even bet most of the streams you watch are pre 50)

Currently the main problem is combat gets a passive that ignores your armor after a successful crit. Together with the backstab you can get a sure 4-5k crit, regardless of armor on the enemy. Most other DD builds got something between 4-6k hp , so they drop instantly. while tanky builds have around 10k hp. So thats like another 2-3 globals, before you bite the dust, with current CC mechanics. You will get dropped, when not having the knockdown immunity on from fortification.

Im playing a pvp healer with will - fortification - devotion, got around 44% physical dmg. reduction and 10k hp. Still when being jumped on without being able to turn on my immunities and defensive abilites i will NOT survive the CC chain in 70% of the cases.

Magic damage is fine currently. Its high but if you take will you can counter the damage completely, because there is no way for magic to negate your whole defense.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Llexx you should play the game itself before trying to talk about it, with the only knowledge having from streams. (i would even bet most of the streams you watch are pre 50)

Currently the main problem is combat gets a passive that ignores your armor after a successful crit. Together with the backstab you can get a sure 4-5k crit, regardless of armor on the enemy. Most other DD builds got something between 4-6k hp , so they drop instantly. while tanky builds have around 10k hp. So thats like another 2-3 globals, before you bite the dust, with current CC mechanics. You will get dropped, when not having the knockdown immunity on from fortification.

Im playing a pvp healer with will - fortification - devotion, got around 44% physical dmg. reduction and 10k hp. Still when being jumped on without being able to turn on my immunities and defensive abilites i will NOT survive the CC chain in 70% of the cases.

Magic damage is fine currently. Its high but if you take will you can counter the damage completely, because there is no way for magic to negate your whole defense.

Depends. I specced for a heavy block build and against PHY attackers I usually survive long enough. Half their CCs and skills don't land since Blocking also negates the CC effect.

And no Magic damage is not fine at all, lol. You're a healer/mage so it's ok for you, but you can't block nor dodge Magic, and that's beyond stupid (like the last passive from Combat I guess). Chain lightning also needs a nerf, it's instant, and it can bounce like 3 times on a target if lucky, that's 3x3k damage. Such a powerfull spell should not be instant.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Depends. I specced for a heavy block build and against PHY attackers I usually survive long enough. Half their CCs and skills don't land since Blocking also negates the CC effect.

And no Magic damage is not fine at all, lol. You're a mage so it's ok for you, but you can't block nor dodge Magic, and that's beyond stupid (like the last passive from Combat I guess). Chain lightning also needs a nerf, it's instant, and it can bounce like 3 times on a target if lucky, that's 3x3k damage. Such a powerfull spell should not be instant.

That's 3kx3 if all of them crits :P It's usually more like 1,5k per shot, but sure the damage is way too high usually.

The reason why it deals a lot of damage is because it comboes with death. So once again the reason for the damage is not the skill itself it's just that some combos are too good.

Say thanks to wow with all this luck based PvP, there were no crits in UO ;__;

Leonyn

Leonyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

will counters magic damage totaly, fortification doesnt counter physical damage, because of the combat passive. Even though im a healer, im still wearing plate so my passive magic defense is crappy and still when i turn on energy shield, most magic damage users see that they cant burst you down and start panicing, because their cooldowns are off for a while. Where as the only counter to the combat passive is to use the lvl 50 fortification ability at the right spot but during that time you cant do anything. (not to mention that you can cc break spears with will, while you cant cc break the Knockdown from combat)

Of course im able to block just fine as well but i was actually writing when i get jumped on. And if you get jumped on you wont survive for long as well. Its not something that happens regularly but it CAN happen.

ranalin

ranalin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

So this video was in the shoutbox.   What spells were causing the 3k-4k crits?  Or was that the ship doing that damage?

Also some serious nice healing going on there.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

They are mainly killing lowbies in lvl30 zone so quite many of skills can hit that much. Really hard to see which is what since the speed. 3-4k crits aren't that special you can see people critting for around 7k which is quite funny when dps classes usually have around 4-6k hp. I think my best crit was around 7,5k with meteor and around 5k with lightning (single target). Aoe spells of course will hit a lot if there is enough players around. (lvl44 gear)

Too much oneshotting ;__;

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

will counters magic damage totaly, fortification doesnt counter physical damage, because of the combat passive. Even though im a healer, im still wearing plate so my passive magic defense is crappy and still when i turn on energy shield, most magic damage users see that they cant burst you down and start panicing, because their cooldowns are off for a while. Where as the only counter to the combat passive is to use the lvl 50 fortification ability at the right spot but during that time you cant do anything. (not to mention that you can cc break spears with will, while you cant cc break the Knockdown from combat)

Of course im able to block just fine as well but i was actually writing when i get jumped on. And if you get jumped on you wont survive for long as well. Its not something that happens regularly but it CAN happen.

In theory, Will should counter, but on the battlefield it's another matter. If you're staying alive it's because of Devotion, not because of Will, simply because, unlike melee builds that keep you stunlock and stop you from healing, magic builds give you a bigger margin of time to heal yourself.

The stun/paralysis purge seems great and all, but the impale from death is instant, and so is chain lightning. Unless you know it's coming and pop it beforehand, which is difficult to predict since you can't tell the person build on first glance, there's nearly no chances of you purging the paralysis before the other guy use chain lightning. Unless he gets greedy and use something like the crows first. Plus this skill has 45s CD, which is twice the CD of CCs.

If the other player is smart he will also silence first, which ruins all your plans since the silence immunity from Will doesn't purge it. Only worthwile spells are the magic shield, sadly with a very short duration, and the very last skill of Will that fully negates magic spells. Although i'm unsure if they fixed and made CCs not go through it (otherwise it's easy to cancel it lul).

Leonyn

Leonyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

the stun paralysis purge is a breaker so no need to use it proactive.

While i agree im staying alive because of devotion. WIll cuts the incoming magic damage by half, with all buffs up and gives me silence immunity) if i get to turn on the buffs pro actively but thats no problem. You have to play a healer pro actively, without knowing whats going to happen in the next 5 seconds, you wont succede.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users