Building a SpeedBoat (Catamaran)
1. Getting the Resources Ready:
1 Pack of Wooden Planks (100 pieces of wooden planks = 300 wooden logs)
1 Pack of Iron Bars (100 iron bars = 300 iron ore)
1 Pack of Fabric (100 fabrics = 300 scraps of fabric)
- Obtained by cutting out trees (fully grown).
- Obtained by mining ore nods.
- Usually drops from humanoid monsters.
2. Getting the Blueprint
Buy a blueprint/recipe of the ship from:
- Mirage Island - (trading island) costs 30 tears.
- Auction House - purchase it for gold.
3. Finding a Construction Spot
Find a place on the water, where you want the platform for the ship to be placed down.
When the location is found, use the ships blueprint from the inventory, and place down the platform. To place down the platform you will need to have 10 wooden planks and 10 bars of iron in your inventory, this will be used up to construct it.
Also make sure not to place down the platform far from the land, nor far from crafting stations. Otherwise you will need to walk allot with the backpack.
4. Transporting the Resources to the Construction Site
Pressing the "F" key (shortcut key for "use", "interact") near the platform, you can see what resources are needed, and in which order needed to be brought there to construct the ship.
[/spoilers][spoilers=Getting the Resources Ready]
- You need to craft the packs, which you will need to carry on your back to the construction platform.
- The trading packs need to be brought to the platform strictly in the order as mentioned before wood->iron->fabric.
- Each time you arrive with a pack to the platform, you need to press "G" to perform the construction (use up the pack), and each time it will consume 25 labor points to do it. So it has to be done three times.
[spoilers=Pack of Iron]
[spoilers=Pack of Fabrics]
5. The SpeedBoat is Done and Ready for Sail
After you brought all the packs to the construction platform, the ship will be completed, and it will slide off the platform, ready to sail.
The platform will disappear in a few minutes after the ship has been constructed, but there is a 72 hour timer on the platform too, so if you fail to bring the packs there in that time, it will vanish.
[spoilers=Evolution of the Shipyards]
6. How to Construct Other Ships?
The process to build larger ships is the same, the difference mainly is in the amount of resources needed to craft different type of ships, bigger ships will require way more packs for construction than a catamaran.
[spoilers=Constructing a SpeedBoat CBT4][/spoilers]
[spoilers=Constructing a SpeedBoat Full Process CBT4][/spoilers]