You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guide Request.. Request !

Guide Request guide request yin

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

YinZetsu

YinZetsu

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Intro :

Ok so since there's like a million things to do in ArcheAge, and people knowledge is somewhat limited, guides will benefit everyone, i mean, I think I've seen the Scarecrow quest being explained at least 35times on our guild chat, so a guide for that would help a lot of people, same goes for a lot of things...

So the goal of this thread will be to identify what guides needs to be done, that way those who are willing to make guides, and myself, will help contribute to it and avoid repetition in game for questions that are asked about half a gazillion times :-)

So please feel free to request a guide here. And if you are willing to help with one of the guide requested let me know ! Let's use this thread to make an actual decent database for people to use when they are want to learn more of the game !

Guide Requested :
  • Alternative Mounts
  • Crafting & Building Introduction
  • Communicating with Korean Players 101
  • Upgrading the Quest Help mini guide into a troubleshoting guide for quests
  • Sieges and Territory Control
  • Moonstones - Yin
  • Crafting and Upgrading Gear (Getting the diving equipment, a compass, upgrading gliders and armors)
  • Trading and Piracy - Yin
If there is a guide you would like to make or currently making, please let me know so that I can know what guide needs to be done, and which one are being worked on.
Traduction Française de Guide :

Monture *-* Farming *-* Housing/Castle *-* Plonger/Chasse aux trésors *-* Boss Guide

Wanderer

Wanderer

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Here's a bitty list. Thankfully some of this stuff has been explained to me now (and some hasn't yet), but I think the community at large would benefit from some guides on these topics:
  • Scarecrow Quests
  • Alternative Mounts (Horses, Deer, etc.)
  • Crafting (a simple overview would do--I know a lot of us at first thought there were recipes to buy...)
  • Communicating with Korean players (survival phrases that aren't right out of your ordinary travel pocket book would be good... like ㄱㅅ (ty) )
  • Common Confusing Quests (the ones people always ask about, like the /command quests, and the confusing sorts where you have to do something a little more complicated than kill/talk to/gather/craft/grow X.)
  • Intro to boats?
That's all I can think of.

The ArcheAge RP Community:

Posted Image

YinZetsu

YinZetsu

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Scarecrow Quests
I think Pae made a video tutorial about the scarecrows, although he said he wasn't coming back for at least a week, so that one will be on hold.
  • Alternative Mounts (Horses, Deer, etc.)
There's a guide on it, i guess it needs an update.
  • Crafting (a simple overview would do--I know a lot of us at first thought there were recipes to buy...)
The scarecrow quest really introduces you to crafting in general but an overview would be nice yes. Things like upgrading Gliders and Armors would be a good start, since i'm doing both right now it wouldn't hurt to put up a guide for it.
  • Communicating with Korean players (survival phrases that aren't right out of your ordinary travel pocket book would be good... like ㄱㅅ (ty) )
Yeah, Amae should do that one ! lol... it would help a lot actually.
  • Common Confusing Quests (the ones people always ask about, like the /command quests, and the confusing sorts where you have to do something a little more complicated than kill/talk to/gather/craft/grow X.)
Hmm, a common troubleshooting when you're stuck on a quest. ok
  • Intro to boats?
There is one already, http://archeagesourc...ge-ships-guide/ by LlexX, so epic quality ! xD

Monture *-* Farming *-* Housing/Castle *-* Plonger/Chasse aux trésors *-* Boss Guide

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
One thing that would be nice is an updated Farming guide. Currently we have names, preferred climate, and growth cycle time.
It would be nice to expand that a bit to include, production quantities, product purposes, and the production quantities for unripe crops.

By this I mean something like;

Elm - yields 1-2 wood as freshly planted, 4-6 mid growth, 6-9 fully grown - Used in Construction, Carpentry, Weaponsmithing
Ginseng - yields 1 ginseng as freshly planted, 2-3 mid growth, 3-6 fully grown - Used in Cooking, Alchemy

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Scarecrow guide by the Russians.

Guides which are important and missing:
  • Sieges and territory control
  • Crafting and upgrading equipment
  • Moonstones
  • Trading System

YinZetsu

YinZetsu

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Scarecrow guide by the Russians.

Guides which are important and missing:

• Sieges and territory control
  • Crafting and upgrading equipment
  • Moonstones
  • Trading System

Those are indeed the one that need some attention. Moostone will be a brief one, which could fall under 'upgrading equipment', Sieges isn't a thing yet, and territory control can be explained from a non-owning citizen point of view but not as a holder of a territory, i think that one is gonna take a while before we get a territory lol

As for trading, since i got my tradeship and did fair bit of it I guess that shouldn't be too hard to at least get the basics down and help people understand how it works, and the risk vs reward aspect of it from different locations and price variations etc. I'm starting on that one, as it's one of my favorite thing in the game.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Heh, a crafting guide would be a lifesaver, everything else can be figured-out based on that....

Tidesson

Tidesson

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I personally would request a trading guide and the "four trade routes quest" which i never managed to finish. I know Fido made one but i think its for cbt4 or 5 and was not translated from german.

A crafting guide would be cool too, specially on how to make the lvl 40+ stuff which requires player made stations.

Also, i haven't seen a guide to instances. I know there's not many of them and they ain't that great, but i think it's worth doing. My party got raped yesterday on the lvl 30 instance very nicely... ^_^

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
  • Family System
A guide missing for this one too.

JohnnyViscerate

JohnnyViscerate

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I know there isn't a lot out yet reguarding battle pets, but thats one area id like to see filled out a little.

AASIG_zpsef3abc8c.jpg

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I know there isn't a lot out yet reguarding battle pets, but thats one area id like to see filled out a little.

Lex has covered that quite well imo there isn't really much more into them.

Edit: I'm not really good at making guides, but if anyone that doesn't have access to the game wants to make them I can at least take screenshots of even video.

JohnnyViscerate

JohnnyViscerate

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Lex has covered that quite well imo there isn't really much more into them.

That's true, I suppose I just want them to add more battle pets... I know its unlikely but a phoenix would be awesome.

AASIG_zpsef3abc8c.jpg

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

That's true, I suppose I just want them to add more battle pets... I know its unlikely but a phoenix would be awesome.

Only difference between CBT5 and Live that they added a cat to Hariharan and Ferre races instead of the wolf, they have the same skills tho.
Im disappointed too, to see only 2 battle pets :(

skuee

skuee

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Foods, Pots and other buffs

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators
Here is a detailed guide about the crafting system:

Now we just need someone to translate it...

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Now we just need someone to translate it...

So you take some of this, and some of that, throw it into the thing-a-mah-jig and do what-cha-ma-call-it... Viola!
...OR... find some one that reads Korean and speaks Russian that works for cheap... :D

Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I would like to request a Beastilary cataloging be made of the common monsters, beasts, and enemy npcs of Archeage.

There is already on for boss monsters. I am talking cataloging the cannon fodder.

From the videos I have seen there are bandits, pirates, giant mud monsters, giant rabbits, giant spiders, armored undead, and even robots.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I would like to request a Beastilary cataloging be made of the common monsters, beasts, and enemy npcs of Archeage.

There is already on for boss monsters. I am talking cataloging the cannon fodder.

From the videos I have seen there are bandits, pirates, giant mud monsters, giant rabbits, giant spiders, armored undead, and even robots.

I made one like that actually a while ago:

Maps and Monsters List

Its a collection of links to a Korean site where are the monsters listed per zones, but i believe its kinda outdated now.

Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I made one like that actually a while ago:

Maps and Monsters List

Its a collection of links to a Korean site where are the monsters listed per zones, but i believe its kinda outdated now.

That is why I didn't see it. It was in a different section of the forum.

Thank you for the link. I look forward to when it is updated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guide Request, guide, request, yin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users