We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Greetings from Trion Worlds!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
221 replies to this topic

Reorks

Reorks

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Greetings Elrar,nice to see you here. :)
Heard quite some good infos about trion today,much positive feedbacks i wasn't used to read about western publishers.
So i started to make up my mind and look for infos about your company and i started to believe that european community got a very good chance with this game.
Seems that such a positive opinion toward yours is well deserved,so im glad to hear that yours are going to publish archeage in the western market.

Then i came here,this portal was the star to follow for most of the guys who have been waiting this announcement until now and i see your post,im amazed,really,Trion's CM comes in a fansite to hear and communicate with his future playerbase...i can see why players have so high opinion of yours and i really hope to play AA anytime soon and finally play a game with a company thats has a good understanding of his games and his playerbase!

Well,best wishes guys,really looking forward to play with yours!!!

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play.
Over the hills and far away.
To fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come-what may.
Over the hills and far away.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I'm having a wonderful time playing, and while I'll keep some of my characters personal if you happen to be playing the Korean Release I'm on Server 10 (올로)

Feel free to say hello in-game - my character names are:
West Side: Elrar (Nuian)
East Side: Elrawr (Ferre)

That's nice. Since you're playing on 올로, can us long time testers maybe talk to you about the game? Possibly also showing all aspects of the game you may miss otherwise.
You're also probably not authorised to talk about this yet but it's worth a try, what kind of "powers" will Trion have? I really hope you do not intend in changing anything from the original game. It already has a lot of flaws and sorry to say I don't think you guys would correct them, but instead make it worse. Do not need any kind of "westernization".

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
And hire A LOT OF bot-hunters in advance....

Aonoa

Aonoa

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I must add that I quite like the fact that we have one joint publisher for both EU and US. I don't think I'm alone in having poor experiences from another asian game or games, where we had different companies for these regions, with rather chaotic and poor communication between them and us. Here's to a bright future for ArcheAge! :-)
Ao_sig_white-20130207.png

Lucas

Lucas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I must add that I quite like the fact that we have one joint publisher for both EU and US. I don't think I'm alone in having poor experiences from another asian game or games, where we had different companies for these regions, with rather chaotic and poor communication between them and us. Here's to a bright future for ArcheAge! :-)

Same: being from Europe myself, I'm really happy about Trion publishing both in EU and the US :).

Also, I hope we'll understand soon enough what the "westernization" process will entail (hopefully no dramatic changes to gameplay mechanics)

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
Some changes would be good.

But never ever any game that got Westernized, got changed in good way. It was always for worse. That is why people are so scared.
But it can be actually improved. We got lucky with the publisher, we may got lucky again. Who knows.

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
They never allowed to make PvE Server (Free PK Server) hope not that Trion is this publisher who requested non PK Server, no one in Europe need it :)

Elrar

Elrar

CM at Trion Worlds

• Developers
  • PipPip

That's nice. Since you're playing on 올로, can us long time testers maybe talk to you about the game? Possibly also showing all aspects of the game you may miss otherwise.
You're also probably not authorised to talk about this yet but it's worth a try, what kind of "powers" will Trion have? I really hope you do not intend in changing anything from the original game. It already has a lot of flaws and sorry to say I don't think you guys would correct them, but instead make it worse. Do not need any kind of "westernization".

I'd love a tour! I'm already getting that distinct feeling I'm missing out on some things (want to run the level 20 dungeon!) and not understanding a word of Korean it's been a blast trying to stumble my way through it all :)

As far as what we intend to do, nothing's set in stone and I can't speak to any detail - but I know we got into ArcheAge because it's a solid MMO that stands on its own and as Jake Song said in his interview on MMORPG.com:

"The reason we decided to work with Trion Worlds is because we felt that it is a company setting new standards for gaming, by embracing original, high-quality IPs on a dynamic connected platform. We were also impressed with Trion’s track record as they have consistently delivered against an unwavering vision; we are confident partnering with Trion will help ArcheAge become a successful game that satisfies audiences in both East and West."

That pretty well sums up the basis on which our relationship has been founded :)

Zaul

Zaul

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
This is excellent news!

I can't wait to see the "westernization" of this game. I want this game to be extremely successful and we need to face the fact that there are flaws and characteristics of games that many Asian countries will accept but western countries will not. Either way, I"m just ready to get in there and get my hands dirty. I love the concepts they have put forward so far.

And yes, check, agree, and want full game guards to knock out hackers and botters. They've killed so many games.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Rift has seemed to be relatively free of gold sellers and bots. Nothing like Aion/GW2 that's for sure. So best hopes there.

KazyJumps

KazyJumps

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Trion would have a hard time doing worse than a company I would have feared had a chance at the NA publishing, perfectworld. I quite often play on NA servers to play with some friends of mine living in NA/Austrailia and I recently picked up RaiderZ. They either do almost nothing to stop gold sellers (or are very very bad at it) and you can't right click someone's name in chat to block them from a menu, so when someone called lllllll is spamming in chat, and you don't know what mix of lowercase L and uppercase I their name is it's prohibitively hard to block them.

That, and their damn DRM wouldn't even let me use the task manager to end RaiderZ process when it froze up on me during a loading screen, had to restart my computer just to get back in game.

btw, seeing as Trion is handling both NA and EU publishing, will we be able to use one account for both sets of servers? And will there be character transfers?

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Is because NCSoft employees are the ones running those RMT stuff and bots...well thats what they made me believe with their no-actions.

I can't wait to see the "westernization" of this game.

Speaking of which what westernization could they do to the game...like always none...is very westernized already and by jake song, but we know is like a tradition.

They will definately add the wonderful and powerful and brilliant labels because WoW has it...PvP, PvE and RP-PvE...for in the end, like its happened right now in RIFT where bearcliff, seastone and deepstrike, have zero pvp, all about pve, factions holding hands, open world death, queues and more queues gameplay almost as sitting in stormwind and doing bg queues, wonder if there will be another merges.

The PvE servers just spread out even more the community, some pvpers spread out there because in the pvp ones theres no people or want to avoid competition, not to count with the RP labeled one...where they could have more people because is the same thing: a PvE server...but apparently people who are more into are alienated from the ones which arent that into it.

Other than that, RIFT was...fine, decent management, kinda good at the end, so gl and waiting.

JohnnyViscerate

JohnnyViscerate

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
yay trion

AASIG_zpsef3abc8c.jpg

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I'm very glad to see this happen! I still play Rift off and on. While Rift doesn't have all of the features in a game that I want, my experience with the way they have handled Rift's launch as well as content updates has been exceptional. I'm very excited for this! :)

"We need to enhance our security..."

roenick

roenick

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Man, I'm out of it for a little while and THIS!. very nice!

Saint Walker

Saint Walker

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

It almost did! So I paid up for more powah and started a regular backup schedule for the server, in case it ever breaks. Costs a bit more per month, but that's okay I suppose.

Let me one of the first to say THANK YOU!

Its much appreciated. Awesome to have a place where we can go, and have been going, to talk about the game etc. And YOU make it possible. Hopefully karma will repay you tenfold my friend.

AA will soon be here. Before we know it BOOM LAUNCH TIME!

Oh, regarding Trion as publisher.....(duh, a bit too excited about the news haha)

XL could NOT HAVE MADE A BETTER CHOICE. The consensus among mmoers is the same. Everyone is ecstatic about the choice that was made. That tells you alot about TRION and the way it conducts its business.

Especially in these horrible MMO days. The fact that TRION stands out is proof that have what it takes to help make AA the best it can be.

I can't wait to start handing my money over lol!
All will be well.................

Slyndria

Slyndria

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I am so ready for this game, bring it on! Very happy to see TW is taking the lead here!

PCRenegade

PCRenegade

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I literally danced when I heard the news today. And now to find this post from a member of Trion, it's amazing... I am beyond words how incredible this is. Thank you and welcome Elrar!
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Shade

Shade

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Welcome Elrar... Super pumped you guys got the publish rights!!

But yes you need to come play with us on the east continent and let us take you around... stay away from those bads on the west!

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Great start to the New Year!

Thank you