Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge PVP Poll

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for your preferred PVP style. (93 member(s) have cast votes)

What PVP option would YOU like?

1. PVP?! EEeewwww! I dont want ANY pvp! Carebear STARE! I'll craft at the Tram bank! (10 votes [10.75%])

Percentage of vote: 10.75%

2. I like the way it is now. (24 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

3. I prefer a harsher death penalty such as EXP loss, Item Decay, or Random Loss of Item (39 votes [41.94%])

Percentage of vote: 41.94%

4. I want full loot, but the jail rules are good. (15 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

5. I want an alternate pvp server with full loot and no jail. (5 votes [5.38%])

Percentage of vote: 5.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

CURRENT PVP SYSTEM

MMORPG: How will PvP work in the game? Is it an open system?

Jake Song: The answer is half yes and half no. In ArheAge, players can attack
another player if they wish and can steal crops that the other user
raised. Such sandbox features can give fun, but it can create conflict
and disputes between players, and might damage the game play. Especially
free PvP is favored by some but hated by some others. So in ArcheAge
there is the trial and jail system. Players who kill another player
will be put under a trial by the other players and be judged whether the
activity was reasonable or not.

[Source: http://www.mmorpg.co...72/feature/5367 ]

Massively: Some Western fans have asked for PvP servers, and many of our commenters are very interested in

ArcheAge but are turned off by the fact that it has open PvP. Most sandbox games
default to free-for-all PvP these days, leaving these sandbox PvE fans
with nowhere to play. Are there any plans for dedicated PvP servers or
will it be left up to the players to avoid FFA areas on all shards?

Jake Song: I know that some players like PvP and some don't. ArcheAge
features a half-open PvP system. If a player kills another player of the
same faction, he/she will get penalty points. If a player's penalty
points (blood prints that appear after killing a player work as evidence
of a crime which leads to penalty points) reach a certain level, he/she
will be summoned to court, will receive a trial, and might be
imprisoned. Though ArcheAge is half-open PvP, it is not the
main fun feature. It will be developed as a game that PvE-lovers could
enjoy too, while also enjoying the PvP system.

[Source: http://massively.joy...ensual-pvp-inf/ ]

As the poll says. I'll change the options up if people want more.

Please +1 (green arrow on the right) if you feel like this poll is creating a healthy discussion on the PVP debate. ------>

kii

kii

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
alternate server? bump dat

Shadow of Apophis

[SoA]

http://www.shadowofapophis.com/

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I never liked the fact that you would be loosing exp when you die since for me the leveling up is just a process I rather not do at all so I would be pissed if I loosed any exp. I love the thrill of loosing items though so I voted for full loot (Though it wouldn't work on a system like this when gear is more or less hard to get)

kii

kii

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I never liked the fact that you would be loosing exp when you die since for me the leveling up is just a process I rather not do at all so I would be pissed if I loosed any exp. I love the thrill of loosing items though so I voted for full loot (Though it wouldn't work on a system like this when gear is more or less hard to get)

That's the best system to use it in.

Shadow of Apophis

[SoA]

Jaeha

Jaeha

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Lineage 2 system.

BUT, It's impossible to do in AA because of easy exp. Maybe 50% exp loose ? :33

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
L2 C4 system. That, maybe without exp loss and slightly bigger material-drop.

So I voted number 3.

Reorks

Reorks

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Voted 3rd option,but its more a wish than some real expectation,it wont happen.

As long they dont place pve servers or dont "westernise" too much game is gonna be fine with its system,however,people has to gather resource,there i'll wait them for the royal rumble / gvg w/e...

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play.
Over the hills and far away.
To fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come-what may.
Over the hills and far away.

MaximumDOGE

MaximumDOGE

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
This is from a game I used to play, it worked really well as a system.

http://rohan.playroh...meInfo/Pvp.html

Basically it gives a chance for your retaliate against your murderer, and inflicts a penalty for murdering, including a possible loss of item, but it was a small chance, 25-35%

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
option 3 item decay and random drop... not necessarily exp loss ^^

Banish3d

Banish3d

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
3rd for me.

But why don't try to each death to lose 1 gold then 2/4/8/16/32 etc... at lv 50 sure.

I think it is a good solution or item decay.

kii

kii

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Item Decay should be implemented per usage as a game mechanic regardless. But the L2 system was definitely something that worked.

Shadow of Apophis

[SoA]

Tyrogon

Tyrogon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I want to experience the current system before making any decisions.

you guys act like making the game "hardcore" will improve the pvp experience but it can hinder it. I want to fight people not watch them hug the safe zone until they think they have a advantage.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I want to experience the current system before making any decisions.

you guys act like making the game "hardcore" will improve the pvp experience but it can hinder it. I want to fight people not watch them hug the safe zone until they think they have a advantage.

That is one of the big issues imo I don't understand why they would add so many safe zones in the first place it makes the lower level zones totally useless and it doesn't feel open at all when you can't fight people where you would want to.
They should have just make a protection to lower levels and maybe some system that would take the level difference into account not fill the game with safe zones. You will love this feature when someone stoles your tractor and there is nothing you can do about it :)

kii

kii

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
safe zones are a bane to open world pvp.

Shadow of Apophis

[SoA]

Elrodeus

Elrodeus

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

safe zones are a bane to open world pvp.

I love open world pvp. It's probably my favorite thing about MMORPG's. However safe zones are a must. If you keep killing people as they spawn they'll likely log off or simply stop participating in pvp or even quit the game. You want to encourage people to participate in open world pvp. Safe zones allow a moment of reprieve. They can repair their armor, buy items, go take a piss then come back and try to plan some sort of strategy to kill you.....even if it doesn't work. lol

Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of openworld pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

Banish3d

Banish3d

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I love open world pvp. It's probably my favorite thing about MMORPG's. However safe zones are a must. If you keep killing people as they spawn they'll likely log off or simply stop participating in pvp or even quit the game. You want to encourage people to participate in open world pvp. Safe zones allow a moment of reprieve. They can repair their armor, buy items, go take a piss then come back and try to plan some sort of strategy to kill you.....even if it doesn't work. lol

Yeah but safe in big city and nothing else.

There are too much rez spawn.

Deltr0n

Deltr0n

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Archeage can not sustain loot upon death, it's not uo. This worked in uo because items were easily accessible, and easily replaceable. Shit you could run around naked in UO and kill people, because items weren't a huge deal. Archeage is a level/item grind, and as such items and levels make a huge difference.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Item decay (Ie durability) seems almost necessary. Or loss of Exp, but for westernization you're looking at taking a bit of the audience away from it. I'm from the US myself and I'm aware the majority of the gamers here aren't hard enough for Exp loss anymore. Just my two pennies though.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

royalrose

royalrose

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I think westernera can take the 1-2% exp loss AA has right now. It's very minuscule.

If we could loot upon death the market would get messed up for whomever can kill better. Zergs would destroy the solo players happiness in game.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Item decay (Ie durability) seems almost necessary. Or loss of Exp, but for westernization you're looking at taking a bit of the audience away from it. I'm from the US myself and I'm aware the majority of the gamers here aren't hard enough for Exp loss anymore. Just my two pennies though.

I think I can agree with that.

As well I agree wholeheartedly with the latter half of that. Wooo that would wreck solo-players, however, it might do well to push people to become part of the community and work together. Meh.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users