ArcheAge-Online.com was the first ArcheAge fansite in the world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are the best alcoholic beverages to drink when playing an MMO? (For those 21 years and older)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I was inspired to create this thread from the thread here: http://archeagesourc...ge-9#entry24641

I was wondering, for adults 21 years or older, what are your choices of alcoholic beverages when playing an MMO.

For example, when level, what weaker alcoholic drinks, such as beer, do you drink so get slowly get a buzz, would being to drunk to get your character killed over and over?

And what hard drinks do you drink when you raid, such as liquor or mixed rinks, so you are completely drunk when you reach the raid boss and you are raising the tension for the rest of the raid as they listen to you on vent/teamspeak?

Added bonus points if you are either a tank or healer. ;)

(Note this thread is just tongue in cheek.) So, have at it and please sound off on your thoughts.

Tharros

Tharros

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I very rarely drink while gaming.  But when I do it's a gin & tonic with a lime wedge.  Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. 

PvPness for hire.

Also I'm in a cool guild: http://ugmrz.com

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

you might end up breaking your own stuff and wake up without a clue of what happened

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Proteine, Creatine and Energy Drinks B) .

I need to keep focus and be sharp and fast when im playing, alcohol would make me slooooowwww. :P

bobo

bobo

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

>For those 21 years and older

Implying the rest of the world follows the USA's puritanical laws and rules when it comes to drinking.

FYI: 16-18 is the common legal drinking age around most of the world...

Deathgazer

Deathgazer

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Budweiser. B)  Cheap, gross, and gets the job done. I tend to save the good alcohol for bigger occasions.

Leonyn

Leonyn

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Whisky... on the rocks. Take a nip after each successfuly stolen crate

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I would sometimes have a single drink, but very rarely more than the one.

Hard to Raid/Dungeon/PvP when you can't see the keyboard, and you fingers spell "Charge!" as "D*^%R1"

But when i do drink alchohol, Hard Lemonade, Rum & Coke (dark spiced rum), never beer.

Koema

Koema

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

i just drink to listen music... but i never expend time trying to kill things w/o things at my mind, i mean is really easy to raid or do somtng like that when you know what are you expecting about the loot or the group about you.. try to focus maybe on the reward and do not think about job or another acts outside the play.. then is not necessary any alcohol to have fun! (overclock without limit = painhead)

Posted Image

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

GlJy5Jth.jpg

Meelkor

Meelkor

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I rarely drink when playing mmorpg, but as fan of RPing, I gotta say that my most awesome online RP experience was while drinking vodka.  That really brought the time spent in MMORPG inn to whole new level, haha.

Besides that, I never drink anything more than beer when PvPing or dungeon running.

That BGM on western infopage is awesome | Ultima Online lover | Programmer | J-Core listener | Lazy to make some new sig lol

Ruse

Ruse

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Margaritas, naturally! Nothing like getting a little sloppy and rolling around as a drunken rampaging horde with a handful of guildmates ;)

archeagefurniture.com | furniture gallery, housing guides

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hmmm... if it counts... there was 1 night in EQ1 I had my character drink until I got the message 'you cannot possibly become more drunk', had the distorted fish eye lens screen. Then cast Levitate for the bouncing and sliding, and wandered around Permafrost for an hour or so... Shouting the song "Oh what do you do with a drunken Sailor..." to the zone.  "Off fhat xu tou.." is what they saw...

Hey, I thought it was fun... at the time. :D

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

If you're like me and you want to sip on something delicious, and you're a bourbon fan there is only one option:

Woodford Reserve Double Oak. It's amazing.

NO ICE... I'll stab you.. no ice.

1_120640750_3.jpg

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

Tharros

Tharros

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

If you're like me and you want to sip on something delicious, and you're a bourbon fan there is only one option:

Woodford Reserve Double Oak. It's amazing.

NO ICE... I'll stab you.. no ice.

1_120640750_3.jpg

Sounds neat.

PvPness for hire.

Also I'm in a cool guild: http://ugmrz.com

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Hard apple cider only. Final destination.

Nalcetla

Nalcetla

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't drink much, but when I do..I drink Dos E-...agh no wait.

It's usually a red wine called, Rosa Regale. I like Mojitos as well. Also, don't think I'd drink while playing either...alcohol makes me sleepy.

:unsure:

Zev

Zev

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Don't matter what it is as long as you drink a lot of it

Jonneh

Jonneh

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Jagerbombs, u get the energy + the buzz. Happy gaming!

y9ANus1.png

Apply now RapineGaming

Tillaz

Tillaz

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

captain_morgan_spiced_gold_700ml_0082cae

wRje3WM.jpg

Korea: Level 55 Battle Mage (마법/철벽/환술) | 폭주 | 안탈론

Pictures from my Archeage adventure | Cross Guild Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic