Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pet Classes

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

so im really excited( yea i know i shouldnt be yet) and trying to
plan my class, and just wanted to ask for a list of every pet class(that
has skills that summon/call a pet which is calss specific(not war pet). i do know about the conjurer tree and the wild tree, any more?

Also id really like to know if u can have 2 class pets
fighting at the same time? like both the wild and the conjurer pets at
the same time on a conjurer and wild character. and another question can
u have the war pet and the class pets on at the same time LOL that´d be
so good i love freaking comanding my fleet!

thnx :) ...                                                                                PS.sry if i posted in the wrong place...

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Wild = Ranged tree like archers

Conjury = magic stuff, like debuff or buffs? i dont remember

There is no summoner tree if i remember.

There is battle pet, wolves which you get at like level 25, mounts in lvl 10 i think.

But no...there is no summoning such ponies from elves like lineage ii, elemental summoner.

read this:

http://archeagesourc...s-cbt5-english/

http://archeagesourc...pets-wolf-cbt5/

http://archeagesourc...transportation/

there was not big change in obt or no change at all, i dont play anymore so i dunno if something was modified, just played obt.

elushon

elushon

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Like JemL says theres no summoner class as such... though i think the death tree has a type of summon for lvl 50 skill... haven't specced it myself but will have a look ^^

Yes all classes get battle pet at 24 - 25... west faction wolf, east faction cat

and mounts from lvl 6 ^^

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I for one enjoy the lack of pet specific classes. None of the crap that comes with them like dependency  pathing issues, stealth bugs, etc. 

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

well... that... sort of...hurts me >.<  i swear i read quite a bit on wild and conjury and i got some kind of information that the wild had a skill to tame a wild creature to fight along u or something, and conjury had some evil pet thing >.>  *Sigh*

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Gods, about a year ago there was speculation and comments about pet summoner Skills. CBT3/4 era. 

As it stands today the only summons are the Pets and Mounts (Ships and Gliders included).

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

still abit heartbroken, but oh well guess its time to think about kicking conjury and wild out of my class choices  :unsure:  now only calling remains for sure.. saddens me but i guess we´ll still have pets :D

Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Wild = Ranged tree like archers

Conjury = magic stuff, like debuff or buffs? i dont remember

There is no summoner tree if i remember.

There is battle pet, wolves which you get at like level 25, mounts in lvl 10 i think.

But no...there is no summoning such ponies from elves like lineage ii, elemental summoner.

read this:

http://archeagesourc...s-cbt5-english/

http://archeagesourc...pets-wolf-cbt5/

http://archeagesourc...transportation/

there was not big change in obt or no change at all, i dont play anymore so i dunno if something was modified, just played obt.

That is my one complain about what I heard of AA so far. No summoning talent trees. Still, XLGames had to save something for the expansions. ;)

Given the way AA game mechanics work, with no locked in classes, only talent trees to choose from, XLGames will likely release new talent trees that players can swap out and try no matter the level of their character. :)

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

yea thatd b really good, i´d play with it straight away´, so yea mah money to dah devs lol . i like that part about being able to just learn another skill tree but only have 3 active at a time, but doesnt that keep u from creating alts?

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Until then just go Death and get a Flock of Crow or the channeled Specter dots. :D 

As to Alts. You still need to level up your new Skill tree, or be L50 and try impressing people with your L337 level 1 skills. As well only 1 character per server can earn Labor points.

Njaa

Njaa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I'm not a pet class lover myself; very rarely do the summoned critters actually appeal to me lol, nevermind the relative dumbness when it comes to either reaction speeds or pathing.  I feel the same way when it comes to the lack of a beastmaster class though (just overall feral furiousness, not a pet class but if it has one so be it); something this game doesn't have unfortunately, but it's something that I have to routinely deal with from time to time anyway as it's not really... a constant staple class as such.  Therefore my alternative would just have to be the berserker for this outing even though it's just not the same channelling a more basic form of rage. :P

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I love pet classes, but usually they are just so poorly done it's hard to enjoy them. I think the best pet class gameplay I ever got was in allods it was just awesome how the player skills and pet skills comboed together. That and of course ALL KILL.

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Ive always needed pet classes, dunno where it came from :S ... wait now that i think about it, yeah it came from my pokemon childhood lol, and the fact that i never got a good open world pokemon game while growing up. But yea pet classes are always my favourite(Assasin/sneakybackstab also competes heavily) i love the tactics around it, like a wat u do with a tanking pet, or wat u do with a long range pet etc... . *sigh* i hope the battle pet actually fills that need for me, i hope it has a really good system, with good pet skills.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Battle pets aren't really worth using unless on the leveling phase since it's at least extra damage. Also for combat users the bleed skill will be handy since your backstab will deal more damage.

Njaa

Njaa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Ive always needed pet classes, dunno where it came from :S ... wait now that i think about it, yeah it came from my pokemon childhood lol, and the fact that i never got a good open world pokemon game while growing up. But yea pet classes are always my favourite(Assasin/sneakybackstab also competes heavily) i love the tactics around it, like a wat u do with a tanking pet, or wat u do with a long range pet etc... . *sigh* i hope the battle pet actually fills that need for me, i hope it has a really good system, with good pet skills.

Hahah funny, that's a background I'm rather quite familiar with; :P I'm still following after that series to this day; but to extrapolate on the 'not liking the summoned critters' part, if I do end up liking them they really strike a chord with me... such as all of my animals on my beastlord in EQ2, about half of them have inherited pokémon names and I find a particular use for all of them. ^^  I'm actually hoping the battle pets will do the latent pokétrainers in us proud lol.  Go, Arcanine!  (Think that's what I'd dub the wolf pet as).

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Battle pets aren't really worth using unless on the leveling phase since it's at least extra damage. Also for combat users the bleed skill will be handy since your backstab will deal more damage.

Well that sux...  Guess ill just remain hopefull for a summoner ability tree to come around on a expansion, and even to get a good battle pet... and yeah i guess ill b rolling in with calling and combat trees, not sure about the third...

Hahah funny, that's a background I'm rather quite familiar with; :P I'm still following after that series to this day; but to extrapolate on the 'not liking the summoned critters' part, if I do end up liking them they really strike a chord with me... such as all of my animals on my beastlord in EQ2, about half of them have inherited pokémon names and I find a particular use for all of them. ^^  I'm actually hoping the battle pets will do the latent pokétrainers in us proud lol.  Go, Arcanine!  (Think that's what I'd dub the wolf pet as).

Oh f**k yea! Go Arcanine! maybe Luxray!(?) or even the 3 legendary cats :P lets hope pets are interesting and useful

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

You had to get the pokemon shit started, you just had to. DAMNIT NJAA.

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

>.< Found out there is a class name called summoner, so yes that means he was scraped and wont be in an expansion...

So I changed both my avatar and my signature to emphesize my discontent with the removal of the pet skills in the conjury and nature trees! Pls make the summoner actually be able to summon! PLS i really want this please trion and XL

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Oh you people and your pets. Fight your own battles!

Straren

Straren

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Oh you people and your pets. Fight your own battles!

Hey its a matter of preference, thats like saying "Hey why u using a sword. Damage with ur own nails!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users