Jake Song's real name is Song Jae-kyeong.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shroud of the Avatar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

956e164cdcf93544dd705aa04427ae4e_large.p

So is this going to be the next uo for uo lovers?

http://www.kickstart...saken-virtues-0

Presented by the god of ultima series Lord British himself :P

#

Limited housing places
3D
Not mmo (can play offline o.O)
Partly instanced
Questing...

Sounds like someone is trying to cash out one more time.

sete

sete

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Meh kickstarters :/ i'm a sceptic person...

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Typo in the title. Much giggles to be had.

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

To me kickstarters equate to an indie game and until I see a kickstarter games equal the polish and support of a AAA game, they are all off my radar.

As much as I hate to see it, too many mmo players are basing their enthusiasm on name only rather than using their experience playing MMO's to grasp exactly what kind of game suits their play style. Camelot Unchained is the perfect example, a kickstarter game (indie) that has more hype than most MMO's coming down the pike. Pretty much all the players know about it is that it has ties to the original DaOC creators and they assume that it will be DaOC2. To me DoAC was the best MMO I have ever played (hopefully soon to be overtaken by Archeage), but the facts I know about Camelot Unchained and the fact it is essentially another indie title, I have no interest whatsoever. While TESO is actually a AAA title, it is absolutely nothing like previous Elder Scrolls games but fans still flock to it I am sure expecting it to be Skyrim Online based on name alone.

I do find it great timing that this kickstarter is happening now after all these years. Now all the players coming to Archeage looking for UO2 have somewhere to go rather than try and change Archeage into UO2.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Typo in the title. Much giggles to be had.

Omg

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I do find it great timing that this kickstarter is happening now after all these years. Now all the players coming to Archeage looking for UO2 have somewhere to go rather than try and change Archeage into UO2.

Don't worry it is not UO2 it has nothing to do with it. Now I'm finally starting to realize we will never get one.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well, it IS Richard Garriott back from the dead, or is that outer space...

So he squandered his millions on the space ride and is back to kickstart the funding for his next project. Probably needs to pay his light bill...

Call me skeptical, but damned leery of giving money to someone that though he created the original Ultima line, he had nothing to do with Ultima Online, and we all know Tabula Rasa was such a huge success. 

Exposed

Exposed

Easily Offended

• Members
  • PipPip

To me kickstarters equate to an indie game and until I see a kickstarter games equal the polish and support of a AAA game, they are all off my radar.

As much as I hate to see it, too many mmo players are basing their enthusiasm on name only rather than using their experience playing MMO's to grasp exactly what kind of game suits their play style. Camelot Unchained is the perfect example, a kickstarter game (indie) that has more hype than most MMO's coming down the pike. Pretty much all the players know about it is that it has ties to the original DaOC creators and they assume that it will be DaOC2. To me DoAC was the best MMO I have ever played (hopefully soon to be overtaken by Archeage), but the facts I know about Camelot Unchained and the fact it is essentially another indie title, I have no interest whatsoever. While TESO is actually a AAA title, it is absolutely nothing like previous Elder Scrolls games but fans still flock to it I am sure expecting it to be Skyrim Online based on name alone.

Well Star Citizen did raise like $100,000,000 over its goal on kickstarter, so there's one project that will turn out as "AAA", and if it doesn't... well... we can all lay to rest the idea that funding = polish.

Also how dare you call anything made by Garriot "indie", that man is god, or a god, and I will not stand for your frivolous slander!

AlextheLateOwl

AlextheLateOwl

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Meh the game does not seem to be all that interesting honestly imo. It might appeal to a lot of the old school mmo players, but I dont think it will ever hit mainstream. Might take UO:Forever and Runescape player base. 

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

BTW, Star Citizen wanted $2.1M to do the base game, and up to $6M to add all the planned content. They collected a little less than $8.4M.

http://www.robertssp...m/star-citizen/

Eonwe

Eonwe

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Don't worry it is not UO2 it has nothing to do with it. Now I'm finally starting to realize we will never get one.

Yep, unfortunately this isn't a new UO. If he had tried to Kickstart a new UO-like he would have been flooded with so much cash. I can't even get excited about this new project unfortunately.

Blaide

Blaide

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

@Inporylem Thank you so much for posting this when you did, I managed to get in on the kickstart, we'll see what happens with the game, without risk, there is no reward. B) 

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

6 month progression video