In 2003 Jake Song left NCsoft and created XLGAMES.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Archeage discussion lull or calm before the storm?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Seems as of late, there has been a decrease in Archeage discussons (outside that review from last week). I have been following Archeage for quite a while and this is the first time whereas days pass without any meaningful discussions. Most other sites seem to be nearly focused on TESO or CU (MMORPG.com should be renamed to camelotunchained.com). The obvious answer is that there has been a lack of news from Trion that pertains to NA. I just hope something changes the tides and we start seeing some meaningful discussions about the game because it almost seems as though it has been anticipated so long that peeps are shifting their sights to other titles.

Personally, I can't shut up about the game. I personally could talk about it all day long, whether it be sharing stories or upcoming features, questions etc. I just look forward to something to spark conversations again because there is soooo much to talk about!

kii

kii

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

It's just been released in Korea, I mean Trion has JUST signed a contract. It takes a lotttt of time logistically speaking to get things set up. They're not even sure about the beta for NA. Whereas comparably those other games, TESO in particular, have a fan base already, are pioneers of NA already (not being heralded from Asia) and have their beta coming out in a few weeks.

Shadow of Apophis

[SoA]

http://www.shadowofapophis.com/

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

It happened already a few times that the forum went silent for weeks, like it is now (been lot worse tho), what i find weird is that other sites like GoHa and Inven are really quiet too. Seems like everyone is busy playing the game :P

Trion probably don’t want to share any game related news, since they are far from being ready to publish the game, and just don’t wish to hype up people too early.

Personally i don’t care about MMORPG.com, it’s a troll’s nest anyways, its hard to find any valuable info there among all the trash.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Well same thing happened in our guilds in the game pretty much, the only ones playing are the ones that aren't 50 yet and there is only few of them left. It's surely has become quiet.

I don't really can't think anything to talk about either since people don't want to hear what I would have to say anyway so I rather stay quiet and not start another shitstorm :P.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I can't imagine how sharing ones opinion could start a shitstorm....oh wait. ;]

I'm sure Trion will do their thing with info when they feel more solid about what they have ready.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

Nasq

Nasq

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Would be nice if they just gave at least one status update though... "waiting on more content" or "were translating now" or "still negotiating"... just... anything.

GW2: SoR JQ | ToR: Jung Ma | Aion: Zikel

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

It happened already a few times that the forum went silent for weeks, like it is now (been lot worse tho), what i find weird is that other sites like GoHa and Inven are really quiet too. Seems like everyone is busy playing the game :P

Trion probably don’t want to share any game related news, since they are far from being ready to publish the game, and just don’t wish to hype up people too early.

Personally i don’t care about MMORPG.com, it’s a troll’s nest anyways, its hard to find any valuable info there among all the trash.

Yeah MMORPG.com is a harsh site to visit and generally either overly hyped based on nothing or overly negative. I must admit though, if it were not for MMORPG.com, I may have not discovered Archeage until much later.

It is really strange to see the skeptics doubting that Archeage can pull it off but at the same time knowing first hand that they have and once this game actually released, many will be absolutely blown away. Of course there will be many that have different priorities and will continue to nitpick. As for me, I feel like screaming from the highest mountain that Archeage is all that and the answer a lot of us have been waiting for in our MMOs for quite some time. For me personally, this is the MMO I have been waiting for my entire life.

It occurred to me the other night while sailing the sea's with my brother that the biggest thing that Archeage has brought back is the feeling of adventure in my MMO. Every night is a new adventure, last week I talked about an in-game experience whereas we were taking our trade packs via sea from the far north to far south. Upon reaching the port we were greeted by a pirate ship blockading the port firing on all that approach thus we got boarded, boat sunk and trade supplies stolen. It appears there was a massive assault upon the western shores, ship vs. ship, air to land, PvP everywhere. It was exciting! I felt as though I was talking about a movie to those at the dinner table and they seemed to be entertained by our stories.

Also since I have started trade routes, it has become very apparent that world PvP is alive and well. We hear a lot about PvP penalties and the lack thereof. After spending most my weekend growing crops for trade routes when those are stolen via PvP, it hurts and signifies many lost hours of harvesting. I couldn't imagine if there was a higher penalty and feel that it just works and until players understand how trade works, they just won't understand. I took a screenshot this weekend that may symbolize what PvP means in the game, the coordination and potential loss.

aatrade1.jpg

It just seems to me that us here at Archeagesource have a lot to talk about, lots of patches to talk about, and new features on the horizon yet we are in the middle of a lull. Maybe Archeagesource needs to hire a english speaking Korean to full decipher patch notes or clue us in as to the hot topics from the Korean forums. =P

In a nutshell, I'm sold hook, line and sinker. This is the game for me and my radar is now off for my next big MMO as I have found it, my new home is Archeage!

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

I just have to warn about one thing. This trade-related PVP is actually getting screwed by XL , not encouraged or made better. The later patches added more safezones and more skills that allows you to jump from one to another safely. Imporylem talked about this, and If I trust someone with first-hand experience in AA then its him or Amae.

As of the patch, if he was right, the trade-pvp on sea is death thing if you do not wish to willingly go to danger.

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I mean, those of us that in love with the game, even are obsessing over it, have to know it's not going to be perfect. Nothing will ever be perfect. If you expect no flaws, you're going to have a bad time. Expecting to enjoy a game because of all the good things it has, and be pissed about some of the drawbacks is about the only way to do it.. hoping everything will be fixed by the time of the NA release is just silly. However, none of that is going to dissuade me from looking forward to it. 

I'd personally rather know all the things those playing Korean retail do not like or are frustrated with now, so when I go into the game with my guild we know what to prep for and how to make sure we get the most out of the game together. Just my 2 pennies though.

Elrar

Elrar

CM at Trion Worlds

• Developers
  • PipPip

We're working on ways to make the wait for all of you die-hards less painful - but the strategic rollout and execution of our plans needs to be calculated and concise. ArcheAge is a brand-new IP, originating in another language on another continent.

This makes it a challenge to get our name out in a landscape filled with other options. When we pull the gloves off we have to come out swinging and never stop until everyone in the world knows what ArcheAge is all about!

Right now we're focused on climbing the hill and planning how much we can make the pendulum swing. We're going to need to take all of your great grassroots momentum, couple it with world class branding & marketing, and deliver a clear message about what ArcheAge has to offer and how it's different from your standard MMO fare.

To give you all an update though - a small group just got back from visiting XL at their studio in South Korea.  They had a great time, much was discussed, & karaoke was sung.

You can be sure the fruits of our labor will come to bare in good time, and it will be all the sweeter for it!

Thanks all,

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Regardless of the flaws, Archeage has the strongest foundation and most ambitious feature set I have ever seen from an MMO upon release. Having a strong foundation to build on is far more important. This is why housing works and ships feel as though they are not mini games. The game was built from the ground up around these features. Look at SWTOR, this is an example of a game with a terrible foundation and very little to build on. The only way to fix SWTOR was a full design from the ground up.

Archeage is the opposite of this. With it's strong foundation anything is possible and can be improved and fixed without exorbitant development costs.

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

A very classy response Elrar, thanks bud. We know you guys are trying! 

Ehllfhire

Ehllfhire

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

We're working on ways to make the wait for all of you die-hards less painful - but the strategic rollout and execution of our plans needs to be calculated and concise. ArcheAge is a brand-new IP, originating in another language on another continent.

This makes it a challenge to get our name out in a landscape filled with other options. When we pull the gloves off we have to come out swinging and never stop until everyone in the world knows what ArcheAge is all about!

Right now we're focused on climbing the hill and planning how much we can make the pendulum swing. We're going to need to take all of your great grassroots momentum, couple it with world class branding & marketing, and deliver a clear message about what ArcheAge has to offer and how it's different from your standard MMO fare.

To give you all an update though - a small group just got back from visiting XL at their studio in South Korea.  They had a great time, much was discussed, & karaoke was sung.

You can be sure the fruits of our labor will come to bare in good time, and it will be all the sweeter for it!

Thanks all,

Good to hear, hopefully any lack of talent that you guys had singing didnt sink the deal :P

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thanks all,

Thanks Elrar! The one thing I know we are all in agreement about is our faith in Trion.

Elrar

Elrar

CM at Trion Worlds

• Developers
  • PipPip

Good to hear, hopefully any lack of talent that you guys had singing didnt sink the deal :P

Unfortunately I don't think the Brand Director would appreciate me sharing the AWESOME photo of him - but he put the soul in Seoul!

Hahaha,

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

But he did so well.. ahahahaha.

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Rofl!!

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Regardless of the flaws, Archeage has the strongest foundation and most ambitious feature set I have ever seen from an MMO upon release. Having a strong foundation to build on is far more important. This is why housing works and ships feel as though they are not mini games. The game was built from the ground up around these features. Look at SWTOR, this is an example of a game with a terrible foundation and very little to build on. The only way to fix SWTOR was a full design from the ground up.

Archeage is the opposite of this. With it's strong foundation anything is possible and can be improved and fixed without exorbitant development costs.

I understand the eagerness on lower levels the game really is something that catches your heart, but when you have observed a bit longer how they keep ruining the economy and PvP patch per patch you need to start being a bit critical or nothing will ever happen. The problem is we have no place to report anything what we are experiencing so people are basically using aas to talk about the flaws and since most of the people here haven't even played the game it always ends up in a shitstorm.

I loved the sandbox part of the game on OBT when I were questing and building my first scare crows. Then making money by plants and trees etc. Now when you level up the amount of gold you get buys you pretty much everything you will ever need and more. They didn't have any clue changing the old crafting to this rng crafting. Without those item decays economy will never has any meaning in AA and this will affect on crafting and gathering all together. 

Also the pirate life getting harder and harder day by day now they even added that skill to boats. Few days ago I was watching an lvl 50 enemy faction guy loading his boat alone like a boss got me so pissed that a open world PvP is something like this these days. We was loading his boat in a safe zone and kept refreshing the skill so he didn't even have to defend his boat. Once hes trade boat was full of packs he sailed to a trade broker few maps away hugging safe zones and unloaded his boat once again without any risk. Like the only PvP you can find now is liberty island when some big guild comes there and makes their trading run. Let's see what they have cooked up with the sieges since they have been away for so long. Kinda scared if they are still something that happens once a week since the game really needs more meaningful PvP at the moment. 

People will keep saying that it has awesome potential and so on, but for how long at this rate? I personally will probably rage quit long before the European release and hope the game has been tweaked when it lands here. I don't think I'm really alone with this since if you look at the people for example who used to play with us in Korean release, they are pretty much all gone.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

I mean, those of us that in love with the game, even are obsessing over it, have to know it's not going to be perfect. Nothing will ever be perfect. If you expect no flaws, you're going to have a bad time. Expecting to enjoy a game because of all the good things it has, and be pissed about some of the drawbacks is about the only way to do it.. hoping everything will be fixed by the time of the NA release is just silly. However, none of that is going to dissuade me from looking forward to it. 

I'd personally rather know all the things those playing Korean retail do not like or are frustrated with now, so when I go into the game with my guild we know what to prep for and how to make sure we get the most out of the game together. Just my 2 pennies though.

Those who are obsesses cannot provide any valuable opinion nor feedback.

We actually care about the game, played it, we know the strong and weak points. Some of us still play it and still give a feedback, and none of these is obsessed anymore heh. That does not change the fact off course that from all the MMO's since Lineage 2 C4 this one is the best.

Still, there are a lot of pvp issues, economical issues and safezone-related issues. And XLgames seems more to be listening to whiners instead of making the game better. And thats not good.

Elrar - If you can you gotta push it that way. The marketing department will want what they always want "Go the most borad mainstream way, make hype, make the WOW players and MMO hoppers interested, they will buy the box, feed us the money and then the game we completely screwed will die in a matter of months.

Just do not do that. We had how many games going that way. How many of them was a blast? None. Compared to the content lacking and unfinished bad other games, AA actually with few patches and tweaks has massive potential. It can do What L2 did and hold strong sub.based for many many years. And market it towards them, those are called "core gamers" and they spend the most money on games. Do not make it "another horrible MMO with housing and ship building as hype feature", AA does not deserve that. Those skills that protect ships and allow safezone to safezone jumpink on the KR server are pushing the game that way. So if you have any influence, just ask them: "What the fuck are you doing?" Tho you cannot ever tell the answer just ask, cause we see a problem there. The game is already too safe, and removing the danger on sea travel can kill it for the pvp players.

Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Seems as of late, there has been a decrease in Archeage discussons (outside that review from last week). I have been following Archeage for quite a while and this is the first time whereas days pass without any meaningful discussions. Most other sites seem to be nearly focused on TESO or CU (MMORPG.com should be renamed to camelotunchained.com). The obvious answer is that there has been a lack of news from Trion that pertains to NA. I just hope something changes the tides and we start seeing some meaningful discussions about the game because it almost seems as though it has been anticipated so long that peeps are shifting their sights to other titles.

Personally, I can't shut up about the game. I personally could talk about it all day long, whether it be sharing stories or upcoming features, questions etc. I just look forward to something to spark conversations again because there is soooo much to talk about!

Well, except for the you tube videos and the occasional translated patch notes, there is nothing really being reported right now on Archeage.

Discussion will pick up for english websites when Trion releases some news.