You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So....what games are you playing to fill in till the EU/NA Archage release?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hey all,

As you know with our most anticipated games we do several different things in order to pass the time before the game actually launches such as :

1) Attempt to throw money at the screen (It still doesnt work for me ! :( )

2) Watch current Argeage online video's over and over and over.......and over (repeat 1000 times)

3) Try other games in an attempt to make the wait easier.

Well apart from the fact I do watch Argeage video's alot I tend to stick with number 3, here is a short list of what games I will be playing:

1) Bioshock Infinite - Nothing like contributing to the destruction of a flying settlement.....oh wait......that's my home 0_0

2) Battlefield 3 Multiplayer - Come on people, who doesnt like using the mortar to bombard people's spawn bas- *ahem* I mean capture points.

3) Team Fortress 2 - "Ze forum newbie is a spy!"....for me this game is the window for relaxed and casual gaming.

4) Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas : Drive by's, eating pizza, extortion and stealing your local garrison's battle-tank, Just a few things which make your week that much better.

5) Batman Arkham City : " DUDE!, why did you just blow up the freaken bridge!?!?" 0_0..................."Cause I'm Batman" :)

So these are just some of the games I will be playing to help me pass the time until a NA/EU release, feel free to post any games you will be playing and have a good day :)

Twyce

Twyce

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Aside from a few MMO's I'm hopping between, I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening and Skyrim (I recently modded my game, so it's like a whole new experience). 

Looking forward to Bioshock though. I hear it's great. 

"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us."

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

What MMO's have you been hopping between?, I myself have jumped to and from : WoW, SWTOR and GW2 recently (I am so pumped up for Bioshock: Infinite, halfway pre-loaded on Steam so far)

Twyce

Twyce

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

What MMO's have you been hopping between?, I myself have jumped to and from : WoW, SWTOR and GW2 recently (I am so pumped up for Bioshock: Infinite, halfway pre-loaded on Steam so far)

Lets see...Rift, SWTOR,  TERA, and when it releases I'll probably give Neverwinter Nights online a shot. From what I saw in the beta it was a decent game. I have GW2, but don't quite enjoy it as much as the others. Not sure why. 

"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us."

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yeah, I generally feel the MMO's  I have now arent very interesting....aint felt satisfied since Pre- NGE Star wars galaxies (Basically the SW version of archage at the time), that is why I really want to play this MMO hehe

AlextheLateOwl

AlextheLateOwl

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Arma 3 and Dota 2.

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I have looked at Arma 3 and found it intriguing, I will wait a while to see if it develops and benefits from the community (e.g. mods) before purchasing.

I have played Dota 2, but tend to get screamed at by teammates for my battle tactics.....(E.g. "Oh look a tower, BANZAI CHARGE! *roflestomp*)

Thanks for the posts and keep em coming!

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I have looked at Arma 3 and found it intriguing, I will wait a while to see if it develops and benefits from the community (e.g. mods) before purchasing.

I have played Dota 2, but tend to get screamed at by teammates for my battle tactics.....(E.g. "Oh look a tower, BANZAI CHARGE! *roflestomp*)

Thanks for the posts and keep em coming!

I have arma3 lite keys on steam if you wanna try it out without buying it. I think my steam account is InporylemQQ

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Played FarCry3 when it came out and enjoyed it very much, was an amazing game, cant remember when was the last time before that that i played a single player game, then i played Crisys3 which was a complete disaster, it had amazing graphics and engine but the game was a complete shit in overall, it was boring and linear, it was a waste of my time (but at least it had a short compaign).

Now playing Path of Exile and having fun with it, and going to do so until western CBT of AA comes out.

I was thinking about Bioshock Infinite too, but i will stick to watching streams rather then playing it.

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Good advice about Crysis 3 LlexX, The reason I didnt get it because it came across as just looking like a "prettier version of CoD", havent played FarCry 3 yet though when I have the money and time I will try it out.

Njaa

Njaa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Pokémon Online - now don't you dare - some people like MOBAs, I happen to prefer Pokémon for my more laid back competitive interests ;) - actually, laid back is not the word... I'm actually super serious about it; always have been.

EQ2; simply for a bit of catch up and I didn't realize a fair number of people I knew still carry on playing... albeit stubbornly.

Trying NWO too, but I don't think I'm quite taking to it... seems... even more sluggish than TERA really.

Random FPSs I don't care to list.

I'm kind of hoping for Phantasy Star Online 2 to come out in English to tide me over what is becoming a really long while until AA.  I really need an MMO to fill the void but nothing out there atm seems to be the ticket.  (Wish that there was a [i]real/i] Pokémon Online...)

Razerka

Razerka

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

1. ArcheAge KR
2. DmC Devil May Cry
3. Tomb Raider
4. The Binding of Isaac

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

1. ArcheAge KR
2. DmC Devil May Cry
3. Tomb Raider
4. The Binding of Isaac

I havent played any of those games listed 0_0 and havent heard of the 4th!, what do you think of those games, enjoyable and relaxing at all?

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

In order of most often played to least:

1. League of Legends 
  2. Team Fortress 2 
  3. Crysis 3 (Multiplayer)
  4. Farcry 3  (Co-op)
  5. Hitman: Absolution
  6. Sim City
  7. Battlefield 3

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

Njaa

Njaa

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I havent played any of those games listed 0_0 and havent heard of the 4th!, what do you think of those games, enjoyable and relaxing at all?

Well no. 4 is more fucked up creepy than anything but a surprisingly pleasing indie game.  2. and 3. enjoyable yes, but high octane.  Damn those new look Dante haters out there though.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

He looks like a child. It's unsettling, but the game was amazing.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

TrueHull

TrueHull

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

i havent been playing that many games lately cause i'm usually watching a show like
1.Spartacus
2. Vampire Dairies 

but the games i play until i get my laptop and AA is released are 

1. CoD MW3..(ps3)

2. Runesccape ( yes i know very old game)

3. Naruto: NS 2

AAsign-1.png

Apply Now |
I like potatoes.

Chensorking

Chensorking

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I remember ICT classes at high school going on runescape and chilling.....good days....however I did get a complete FAIL on the course, so remember kids DO YOUR WORK........or at least half of it for the C grade :P

Killick

Killick

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
1. SWTOR (I know, I know....)
2. Crusader Kings II
3. SimCity

(And here's my unsolicited feedback on SimCity: The launch issues are 99% resolved; I have only lost progress once. I would like the ability to save/reload a city from a save point, or an "undo" button for accidental placement of expensive things. All of which I could do in previous versions of the game that had an offline mode. Fun game, but with its obvious drawbacks.)

Neva

Neva

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
1. Aion (but almost never login anymore)
2. Ryzom (login about once a week)
3. AoC (logged in and played this last weekend because I love the graphics, not sure how much more I'll play.)

Not really playing anything all that much right now.
Nothing really interests me at this time, but when I was looking for new games, I started reading about AA and thought this game has lots of potential. I had heard of AA but never really looked at it till now and I like what I see.

Neva