You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do english people play the japanese version?

archeage english japanese play wondering download

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Arei

Arei

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

thanks ! hmm i'd rather hold the spending till the English version comes out.... guess I could try and ask a jap mate for some help then ..

maybe :( I don't know the exact rules for playing japan games since I've never played. guess i'll get a jap mate to help out with account sign up x.x thx for the info

Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
1 and 1 make 2,
2 and 1 make 3,
It was destiny.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

No, actually, their approach is quite different. Sometimes there is IPblock, should not be for AA tho. And there was never this horrible KSSN/identity check thing. There you just have to register like you are used to. Still its hard cause hey you lack their credit cards, etc.

Basically if you speak Japanese, you will go on, it will be easy for you to get there. If not, well... If not, it is a waste of time. Pretty much the same as on the Korean servers. I do not consider a community I do not understand + ping over 300 a worthy experience. And beware, this is not certain, but I would expect Japanese to be slightly more hostile towards foreigners then Koreans are.

Lily

Lily

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I would expect Japanese to be slightly more hostile towards foreigners

Most japanese i've played online with were quite friendly o.o

although i haven't tried AA in jpn

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

Yeah most Koreans are friendly too. If they do not know who you are. :P

NobzMtl

NobzMtl

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

No, actually, their approach is quite different. Sometimes there is IPblock, should not be for AA tho. And there was never this horrible KSSN/identity check thing. There you just have to register like you are used to. Still its hard cause hey you lack their credit cards, etc.

Basically if you speak Japanese, you will go on, it will be easy for you to get there. If not, well... If not, it is a waste of time. Pretty much the same as on the Korean servers. I do not consider a community I do not understand + ping over 300 a worthy experience. And beware, this is not certain, but I would expect Japanese to be slightly more hostile towards foreigners then Koreans are.

As a Japanese myself, I'm not sure where you're coming from with the hostility toward foreigners. I was able to play a couple of Japanese servers MMOs and although my kanji is not that great, I've never had any issues.

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

As a Japanese myself

Well, then you cannot really compare.

And actually, if you are, I have a question. There have been rumors going around here about the Japanese version of the game being modified towards less PVP cause its not really popular thing there. Is that true?

NobzMtl

NobzMtl

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well, then you cannot really compare.

I personally actually would be able to compare simply because 1- they knew I wasn't from Japan and 2- I constantly played with two non-Japanese friends. 

Tsopolo

Tsopolo

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Japan MMOs have the strictest sign up requirements. super hardcore region banning to prevent any and all gold farms/bots/scams and because they try to avoid griefing from foreign countries (lot of Chinese sign up just to fuck with Japanese).
Plus one guy was right Japanese don't really give a shit about pvp. Their gamer group is note likely to play a dating sim on a PSP vita than pick up a PvP based game.

Pretty sure all Japanese MMOs require both Japanese IPS and personal identifier #s as well.
Some of the publishers go as far as Perma ban with no refund if caught. No matter the amount of money and time spent.

Riders of Bubona

moo.guildlaunch.com

Lily

Lily

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Pretty sure all Japanese MMOs require both Japanese IPS and personal identifier #s as well.

nope, you are wrong.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

In one of CrusaderCast's YouTube videos, he talks about how it's much easier to get into Japanese games than Korean/Chinese games. And considering that he actually plays all of these games unlike some of the people who have been commenting on this thread, I would trust him about it.

Hyan

Hyan

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I played on the Japanese pso2 servers just fine. And I signed up myself.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

In one of CrusaderCast's YouTube videos, he talks about how it's much easier to get into Japanese games than Korean/Chinese games. And considering that he actually plays all of these games unlike some of the people who have been commenting on this thread, I would trust him about it.

He is probably Chinese.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

He is probably Chinese.

If that's the case, he has an extremely convincing American accent.

nord

nord

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

If that's the case, he has an extremely convincing American accent.

I've worked with allot of Chinese nationals (software  development) and they all spoke English from perfect to good. The worse Chinese accent I ever dealt with was back in High School working at a department store where I had one ethnic Chinese guy who was born and raised in San Francisco I could barley make out what he was saying half the time and he had the nerve to berate any Chinese girls who could not speak Chinese.

dengar

dengar

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

So anyone playing the open beta on the Kyprosa server?

Rising_Tide87

Rising_Tide87

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Im playing the Japanese version right now, only hard part was the hiragana captcha or w/e at the end. I used my phone to do it since it has a Japanese keyboard. The server I play on is Gene.