You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We're going to E3, want to help?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

E3 2013 is just around the corner and Trion Worlds will be there. They have a bunch of games they could bring, but we think it's likely they'll use the event to showcase ArcheAge. If ArcheAge is at E3, it might get some coverage from broad-spectrum gaming sites like IGN or Polygon. Those kind of sites have tons of other products to cover at E3 as well, so they're on tight schedules and don't have the time to really pay attention to details. As a result, the articles you'll find on those sites about games like ArcheAge (if Trion does bring it to E3) will probably be pretty generic. The exceptional coverage will be from sites like Massively, MMORPG.com, or...ArcheAgeSource.com?

225906_10151069370218015_1742396802_n.jp

That's right, we're going to E3! I've got my ticket and hotel room reserved, but it's not cheap to spend a week in LA and I'm nowhere close to being independently wealthy. I'm going to E3 basically to see if Trion's progress on ArcheAge. If it's there, all the travel expenses will be worth it. We'll be able to provide you fans with whatever Trion allows us to upload (sometimes PR departments set embargoes on certain types of content). I'm talking about screenshots and videos, livestreams from my phone (if it can get a reliable connection), audio interviews or podcasts and written impressions.

The cost of gaining entrance to E3 for non-press and unverified trade members is around $800. The cost of the cheapest hotel I could find within walking distance of the convention center in LA was about $100 a night for four nights (plus taxes of about $90). The cost of a round trip plane ticket from JAX to LAX is about $500 as well. I'm looking at a travel expenses of about $2000 to make this trip.

If you would like help ArcheAgeSource.com get to E3, we're accepting donations. Donators will receive recognition on the forums (custom title, within limitations) if they want it or they can remain anonymous. For details, send a private message to me or email admin (at) archeage-online.com.

Thanks for your time and I hope to see you at PAX Prime (for sure) and Gamescom (maybe) this year as well!

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

We are going?!!?

Teksetta

Teksetta

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Sent you another PM, ArcheAdmin.

Going to see about what I can do about representing us there. Just dropped 2k on a PAX trip. Looks like another 2k :-( Wife is going to KILL me!

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

We are going?!!?

Yep, you're going...in spirit. Like a ghost. I'll talk to you sometimes and reserve a seat at restaurants.

Twist: actually I'm the ghost.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Plot twist: Mark is Inpor.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Twist: I am now poor.

Wanderer

Wanderer

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

They will be showcasing ArcheAge. I was online when Elrar was gathering footage for a video for E3. :)

Wish I could help but I'm unfortunately poor myself and am slowly trying to amass $8,000 for a medical procedure. I can't spare anything right now, regrettably. But! Best of luck and I look forward to hearing how the trip goes.

The ArcheAge RP Community:

Posted Image

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

They will be showcasing ArcheAge. I was online when Elrar was gathering footage for a video for E3. :)

Wish I could help but I'm unfortunately poor myself and am slowly trying to amass $8,000 for a medical procedure. I can't spare anything right now, regrettably. But! Best of luck and I look forward to hearing how the trip goes.

Thank you Wanderer and good luck/health with your procedure.

Elrar

Elrar

CM at Trion Worlds

• Developers
  • PipPip

Thanks again for your help Wanderer, awesome as always, but just want to be clear - we weren't gathering footage, we were exploring potential storyboard ideas for future footage we hope could be captured and made usable in time for E3. No guarantees - but yes, as quiet as we might be on the outside the groundwork is being laid down thick inside!

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thanks again for your help Wanderer, awesome as always, but just want to be clear - we weren't gathering footage, we were exploring potential storyboard ideas for future footage we hope could be captured and made usable in time for E3. No guarantees - but yes, as quiet as we might be on the outside the groundwork is being laid down thick inside!

Good to hear, but I know I speak for all of us when I say, please do not stay quiet for too long. You're working hard, we know, but a little love couldn't hurt? Eh?

Steveleeb

Steveleeb

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I very much agree Daedalus. I'm dying over here

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Even if there are no guarantees, I want to donate for the possibility of covering AA from E3.

Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Sending a PM soon. 

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Thanks for the support Nevin!

Juggernaught

Juggernaught

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Is there any confirmation that AA will actually be represented in any capacity at E3?

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

No formal press release as of yet. I expect one will be forthcoming before E3 in order to schedule appointments at the event. I'm not sure if I'll receive that press release but I'm on a couple mailing lists for games press and E3. I'll let you guys know if I see anything. Press releases are normally not under embargo.

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

If they don't announce AA at E3, then maybe they will announce AA at another event? Like Valve is doing recently, some company's have moved from E3 to other independent venues. But E3 is THE place to announce any game to NA/EU. 

Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • PipPipPip

If not E3 it'll most likely be Gamescon in August in Cologne. 

Efaicia

Efaicia

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Too quiet is a very, very bad thing. I have been waiting YEARS for this game. I am near giving up hope and moving on to other hopefuls because there is just NO NEWS to be found about ANYTHING Arche Age *sigh*

I stop in here periodically in hopes of catching some wind of something new. But all I ever see are people talking about what they are doing in game. A game I am not allowed to play yet. You iknow how frustrating it is to know the community I have been waiting with is getting to enjoy our much anticipated game while I have to wait, not only do I have to wait, but I have to wait blindly, with no new information.

Color me frustrated.

Efaicia
Soon to be;
The Eternally in Love,
Hopelessly Romantic,
and Strong Willed
Ferre!

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well they did just open beta signups less than a week ago. : /

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

And they did go to E3 and videos have been posted.