Development of ArcheAge began sometime in 2006.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

English ArcheAge Skillcalculator

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

This seems a little glitchy for me, it wont let me choose a 2nd or third, and it pushes the skill trees out of the window to where they arent visable. Hell, it's probably my crappy browser on my work computer =X

I'm pretty sure that you use IE, as i said in the 1st post you need Firefox or Chrome to use it properly.

Efaicia

Efaicia

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

it didn't do that for me o.o

yeah, its probably my crappy browser on my office comp lol heh

Efaicia
Soon to be;
The Eternally in Love,
Hopelessly Romantic,
and Strong Willed
Ferre!

ranalin

ranalin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

using firefox and the skills dont increase beyond the first point for me.

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Chrome, no issue here.

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

CyclopsSlayer

CyclopsSlayer

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Using Chrome, no issues here

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

using firefox and the skills dont increase beyond the first point for me.

Maybe you should delete your browser cache or reinstall him (or maybe download Chrome :P). I'm using Firefox and i hadn't any problems yet.

Efaicia

Efaicia

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

SO, im home and playing with this. I'm in love with it..again, I

remember when it was linked (not the final version) before and it was still awesome creating my ideal class. There are SO many combinations I would like to try.

How viable are the different combinations? Like the "Player" and the "Playboy" ..heh >.O

Efaicia
Soon to be;
The Eternally in Love,
Hopelessly Romantic,
and Strong Willed
Ferre!

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

SO, im home and playing with this. I'm in love with it..again, I

remember when it was linked (not the final version) before and it was still awesome creating my ideal class. There are SO many combinations I would like to try.

How viable are the different combinations? Like the "Player" and the "Playboy" ..heh >.O

Oh you...

I'm sure they all are to some degree. 

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Necromancy?!

Um correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the only reason necromancy wasn't put into games like tera and other Korean MMOs because necromancy is considered taboo even in online gaming. And simply putting it into a game can cause a game to fail lol?

I'm like 99% sure that a necromancy translation is not a good word choice. I can't tell you how many Korean games that refused to have a death based summing class for that very reason.

So wouldn't it be a bad translation?

It's not a direct translation. Localization has to make things relevant for a country after it's translated, which sometimes means that words get changed.

For example, let's take the Spanish sentence "ella es caliente" and localize it into English. A direct translation would be "She is hot." However, that's not what the sentence means in Spanish. "Ella es caliente" doesn't mean that she is hot as in temperature (even though the word caliente in Spanish DOES mean hot as in temperature). Instead, it means "she is sexy." Assuming no context is given for the sentence, the most accurate way to translate it would be "She is sexy" even though the literal translation is "she is hot."

Does that make sense?

seraphial

seraphial

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Hey, loving the calculator, great job...

knOWKWB.png?1

Korean Retail Stream:

http://en.twitch.tv/atra_astrum#

Kamie

Kamie

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Thank you very much for the time you guys put into programming this :)

kamie-sign.png

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Very nice indeed, it leads to a question though: is there a cap on stacks of "deathwish"? in the calling tree there is a skill called perforation which, with 16 stacks of deathwish (easily attainable with the 7 point passive) deals almost 20k damage against a stunned target when attacking from behind. Which, quite frankly, seems a little bit rediculous.

I figure one of the numbers in the skill tooltip is off or maybe there is a cap of 5 or 10 stacks of deathwish to balance it out a bit. Someone explain to me please? :D

Tsopolo

Tsopolo

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

It's not a direct translation. Localization has to make things relevant for a country after it's translated, which sometimes means that words get changed.

For example, let's take the Spanish sentence "ella es caliente" and localize it into English. A direct translation would be "She is hot." However, that's not what the sentence means in Spanish. "Ella es caliente" doesn't mean that she is hot as in temperature (even though the word caliente in Spanish DOES mean hot as in temperature). Instead, it means "she is sexy." Assuming no context is given for the sentence, the most accurate way to translate it would be "She is sexy" even though the literal translation is "she is hot."

Does that make sense?

No I get that I took french for 2 1/2 years. so I know some good examples to give to what you're referring to.

But necromancy is the "art" of raising and controlling the dead, with a little bit of necrosis based magic. but the primary focus of necromancy is undeath and the living dead. Its a magic based on raising corpses and/or "sewing" them as one. (In the case of flesh golems, the most unholy of all necromancy, and even more so lich magic, which is even more taboo in Korea)

So how does that have anything to do with archeage. I am am correct when I state that there is no summing classes right? Not even elemental magic in the form of plan at binding?

I get localizing but it's a bad translation based on the game IMO. Death is a way better term. or even unholy or maybe like misery. but necromancy doesn't fit in with it at all.

I mean I'll overlook it lol I was just pointing out that it really doesn't make sense With what necromancy actually is.

Riders of Bubona

moo.guildlaunch.com

Kitsu

Kitsu

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Holy Shizzle...  I'm going cross-eyed staring at the endless options here... but, I.... can't.... stop...

Thanks so much mate!!  :)

hgsignature.png

hgsignature.png

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Very nice indeed, it leads to a question though: is there a cap on stacks of "deathwish"? in the calling tree there is a skill called perforation which, with 16 stacks of deathwish (easily attainable with the 7 point passive) deals almost 20k damage against a stunned target when attacking from behind. Which, quite frankly, seems a little bit rediculous.

I figure one of the numbers in the skill tooltip is off or maybe there is a cap of 5 or 10 stacks of deathwish to balance it out a bit. Someone explain to me please? :D

It sounds ridiculous? It is ridiculous! This spell makes the most melee damage to single targets. You can stack "Deathwishes" up to 20. If you make a critical hit with this skill and 20 deathwishes - your damage kills almost everyone instantly.

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

It sounds ridiculous? It is ridiculous! This spell makes the most melee damage to single targets. You can stack "Deathwishes" up to 20. If you make a critical hit with this skill and 20 deathwishes - your damage kills almost everyone instantly.

soo... what you're saying is that I should definitely use it? :D haha :P I've been fiddling around a bit with excel and the data from this sheet... it's actually very easy to stunlock people for an absurd (28k base +2000% att/magic power) amount of damage

True, that's the grim reaper build, but have you guys even considered the rediculous stunlocks a hermit can pull off? no seriously, like 30+ seconds of stunlocked, half of it against multiple targets. preetyyy stronk

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

soo... what you're saying is that I should definitely use it? :D haha :P I've been fiddling around a bit with excel and the data from this sheet... it's actually very easy to stunlock people for an absurd (28k base +2000% att/magic power) amount of damage

True, that's the grim reaper build, but have you guys even considered the rediculous stunlocks a hermit can pull off? no seriously, like 30+ seconds of stunlocked, half of it against multiple targets. preetyyy stronk

You need to remind, that if "stun" / "knockdown" / "silence" and other things are repeated they wont last the whole duration. After the 4th of the same kind the enemy is going to be immune for 30 seconds. And also you shouldn't count with the full damage, because the damage is reduced based on the magical / physical defense your target has. A full-tank might reduce 30-45% of your damage.

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Aaaah I see, that makes sense, good to know :) so 30 seconds immunity for the same type of CC huh? I'm guessing fears, stuns, bubbles, etc. all count as different kinds of CC? :P Cause if they do it really doesn't change all that much about the length of the stunlocks xD

P.S.

If they are a full tank build I doubt you have to worry about them stunlock killing you though :P.

P.S.S. even if they have 50% reduced damage, I don't think anyone has 14k hp in arche age? and that's just base damage, ignoring scaling with att/magic power (which I'm pretty sure accounts for another 5-10k or so)

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Actually I have (with my lvl 50 green (noob) equipment) around 10k hp and 47% melee dmg reduction (yes i'm a tank :P). I saw koreans with around 16k hp. But i need to agree, that really good Spy's (Combat / Calling / Wild) almost onehit / twohit me.

Paestan

Paestan

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

The problem is, to use it right. In the theory, it sounds awesome but in the real it doesn't make sense...for example

5v5 [Small scale PvP] one Team has a spy, he need between 4-7 seconds do gain 20 stacks...then he jump....and is dead. Why?

Your Team is (I hope it) not full of idiots, after his first skills they all know his specc and his intention to Burst someone down.

After he raised 20 stacks, he has 30 seconds to use them or they are gone....you have also a Timewindow of 30 Seconds...in this time he COME...doesn't matter where you are, he would like to come and burst. Your Team get a bit in the devens and after a come out of stealth he would get to kicked, stunned and get killed.

This is the reason why the warzone [the 5v5 battlefield] was the best thing for the PvP in Korea, many Spys left the glass cannon build and get more devens spells or respec the class....cause your K/D goes down to HELL!?

It is nice for solo roaming, but for more it is kinda useless.

The other Point is the time you can get cc'd by a hermit, yes it is pretty long but not strong. The reason is, other people can interrupt you or can disspell your CC or do it easier.....kill you XD

You did a nice job with the Theoriecrafting, but this game is and would never get balanced in 1v1 - 3v3 NEVER!? It is a Game based on High-Scale + a bit on small Scale, also you need to thing to another points :)

pictureaw.jpg

~Dark Phenix and Co Leader of Impact, fear of all lands and the sea~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users