Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

English ArcheAge Skillcalculator

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I doubt we will ever see group-based balance like in other games, say for example Guild Wars 1. It is simply too much about warfare and mass-scale battles, which is awesome imho.

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

yeah true, but not EVERYONE is going to go into battlegrounds and mass pvp, where it is really just about AOE and buff-stacking. Very different game from what I'm usually involved in :P

But fair enough, if you are looking at large group pvp the mega burst and superlong cc chains are probably not as overpowered as they are in soloplay :)

ZoKy

ZoKy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

yeah true, but not EVERYONE is going to go into battlegrounds and mass pvp, where it is really just about AOE and buff-stacking. Very different game from what I'm usually involved in :P

But fair enough, if you are looking at large group pvp the mega burst and superlong cc chains are probably not as overpowered as they are in soloplay :)

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

... fair enough.

jackc

jackc

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

... fair enough.

Multilanguage calculator   http://znamenilva.eu

whatever

whatever

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

don't mean to be rude but all the calculators out there needs to be a little more "professional" like

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

http://en.gw2codex.com/

focus on the information please, why do I have to load your entire website just to check my build? same thing on Impact Community

just my 2 cents as a web developer, I would even suggest you guys to create at least a subdomain (and keep everything updated, with changelogs).. so when the NA version is out you are already stablished.. if possible please don't use Flash (SWF).. HTML5 and JS is the way to go...

BTW same thing about a wiki.. here's the PM I sent to Trion (they didn't read yet):

Spoiler

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Multilanguage calculator   http://znamenilva.eu

You used the german archeage-online.de skill calculator translations and translated them with google translator into english? Oo Wow, what a hard work... I used about 2 weeks to make the german translation first and then translating the whole shit in READABLE english...

DzonyGate

DzonyGate

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Not exactly. Yes it's based on german one but there are additional features. I don't argue with you, you're right I used whole german thing, but you have to admit there are people that have no use of German, Korean or Russian calculators, so I made one for them. I don't understand german either and google translations of Russian, Korean and German calculator ware really hard to understand. So I tried to understand these 3 versions using google and made my own spell descriptions. If you think it's not readable english then be specific what is unreadable, beacause it took me about 2 weeks to translate half of it. Then the Impact's english version came and understanding was quite better. Still every source has different numbers so I used Korean ones believing they know it best.

To be honest I didn't like some of the descriptions in your Impact calculator, but it's your style and I don't wat to criticise it. I just made mine different.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Calm down friends and lets hug. They are both fine.

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Not exactly. Yes it's based on german one but there are additional features. I don't argue with you, you're right I used whole german thing, but you have to admit there are people that have no use of German, Korean or Russian calculators, so I made one for them. I don't understand german either and google translations of Russian, Korean and German calculator ware really hard to understand. So I tried to understand these 3 versions using google and made my own spell descriptions. If you think it's not readable english then be specific what is unreadable, beacause it took me about 2 weeks to translate half of it. Then the Impact's english version came and understanding was quite better. Still every source has different numbers so I used Korean ones believing they know it best.

To be honest I didn't like some of the descriptions in your Impact calculator, but it's your style and I don't wat to criticise it. I just made mine different.

The Problem is, the German Archeage-online.de skillcalculator is mostly wrong. Some spells are translated with many faults. And the numbers of the Korean calculator are also wrong. They used a lvl 1 character to find out the numbers and we used a bunch of lvl 50 characters.

And yes, you may criticize me, because it's the thread for it. If you want to have another description you just need to say it!

DzonyGate

DzonyGate

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Now, you hit it. For people like me there is no way to know which info is correct.

So comments for Impact calculator and don't take it as offence, just what i noticed using your app :

- Since E3 there are 6 official english names of skill trees. Don't you wanna use them?

- Mana consumption in spell descriptions seems to be too inconsistent. For example in Devotion tree, "Curse and Blessing" 14 mana, "Groupheal" 1267 mana. As I mentioned i have no reliable info so I assumed some of them are level 1 and others are higher. Maybe it would better to write only the values of max level of spells or add corresponding level of spell in brackets.

- And synergies. Sometimes I dont know what the icon means. I think writing "Weakened enemy takes +20% dmg." is better then "[icon] increase dmg by 20%".

Design is great, most of all I like the way it stands in front of the page.

whatever

whatever

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

it's more like a tool to have an idea of the trees.. until you have a precise tool combined with decent theorycraft you are better looking for them ingame (the numbers)

I might have missed but I don't see a topic with advanced information like there's diminishing returns on stats? stats get multipled, summed or what? things like that

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Now, you hit it. For people like me there is no way to know which info is correct.

So comments for Impact calculator and don't take it as offence, just what i noticed using your app :

- Since E3 there are 6 official english names of skill trees. Don't you wanna use them?

- Mana consumption in spell descriptions seems to be too inconsistent. For example in Devotion tree, "Curse and Blessing" 14 mana, "Groupheal" 1267 mana. As I mentioned i have no reliable info so I assumed some of them are level 1 and others are higher. Maybe it would better to write only the values of max level of spells or add corresponding level of spell in brackets.

- And synergies. Sometimes I dont know what the icon means. I think writing "Weakened enemy takes +20% dmg." is better then "[icon] increase dmg by 20%".

Design is great, most of all I like the way it stands in front of the page.

1. The "official" names hadn't been announced by Trion yet. I dont wanna give you any wrong informations and as long as its just the names of the trees or skills, it shouldn't be our primary work. We will change them as soon as we see, that it's necessary to do.

2. The mana consumption is absolutly correct. You can rely on the stats you see in our skill calculator. Some skills in AA won't level up, so they've the same consumption as they have in low levels, thats why "Curse and Blessing" just consumpt 14 Mana. Other skills will increase their basedamage / heal (and sometimes their scales) over the tree-levels and so their mana increases too.

3. Synergies are hard to name. You need to find a proper name for about 20-30 different effects. Just check the top right corner of the toolboxes. Some skills apply an effect. Other skills may need this effect for additional effects. If there is anything (really) special about this effect, its normally in the description.

To Raydric : I hope that I already said it, if not : The damage is summed by the basedamage and the scale. If you reach lvl 50 you have a base Attackdamage / Spellpower, and the skill has its own basedamage. The basedamage is calculated by the basedamage of the skill and the scaling with the base attackdamage / spellpower. If you get a weapon you get more attackdamage / spellpower (50 two-handed staffs have around 150 attackdamage and 135 spellpower) these are scaled with the skill and added to the damage. But the summed damage is not the real damage, based on the amount of physical or magical defense of your target your damage is reduced by some percents (Could be up to around 50%)

Elrodeus

Elrodeus

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Okay so I'm having trouble finding a skill. I'm trying to pick up all of the Ice and Thunder abilities. Most are of course down the Magic tree. But one ability, I believe I've seen it named "Thunder Cloud" in a translated skill trailer is nonexistent. I thought maybe it got removed from the game but I seen it again in a trailer that was just posted this month on YouTube. So I'm completely at a loss.

Where is this Thunder Cloud ability? It shows a cloud appear over an area and appears to do AoE Thunder damage.

Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of openworld pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

Creapy

Creapy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Okay so I'm having trouble finding a skill. I'm trying to pick up all of the Ice and Thunder abilities. Most are of course down the Magic tree. But one ability, I believe I've seen it named "Thunder Cloud" in a translated skill trailer is nonexistent. I thought maybe it got removed from the game but I seen it again in a trailer that was just posted this month on YouTube. So I'm completely at a loss.

Where is this Thunder Cloud ability? It shows a cloud appear over an area and appears to do AoE Thunder damage.

If you can't find a skill it may be an old one that has been removed. If you are seeing it in recent videos I would suggest that you try to find a video where you can see the icons of the skills being used and then match it to the corresponding one in the translated skill calc. Many of the names have changed. I haven't paid absolute attention to this but I don't believe they changed any of the icons of the skills that were kept for cbt5 and Korean release. I know some of what the skills did changed but I think all the icons are the same.

Something else to see if this is the skill you are thinking of here is an old cbt4 skill list and a video of the person casting each one. It is the level 38 skill and none of these are listed with names but in the video he casts it at 2:00 in. See if that looks like it. http://archeagesourc...gic-skill-tree/

Hope any of this helps you find what you are looking for.

Elrodeus

Elrodeus

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Yea that was the one. I guess it was removed. Kinda sucks...RPGs always focus on fire spells. Ice and Thunder never get any luv.

: (

Ah well. I'll just take the ones that are still available.

Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of openworld pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

WindCloud

WindCloud

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
Thanks a lot, this will help out many new people including myself :P

hgsignature.png

Enzo

Enzo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hopefully all the confusion with mislabeled/mistranslated skills will be cleared up soon. If not, maybe after PAX Prime we will get something more reliable.

Freas

Freas

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

This Skill Calculator is still the most actual calc in the world wide web. We compare our translations with the original InGame skills. You can rely on the datas!

DUBSTEP EXTREME

DUBSTEP EXTREME

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Sorry for this answer I'd like some duplicate adm retires this.

Have a Good Game...and Listen Dubstep      [BR]

ENJOY http://www.youtube.c...bed/QqWjkXHTlxQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users