In 2003 Jake Song left NCsoft and created XLGAMES.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[56k/Phone warning] Personal Review - What you should know about ArcheAge

archeage review info dump arche age info

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Dragnela

Dragnela

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Hello,

thanks LlexX for helping out :D!

@Dragnela:

Google search is all I can say. What you will find will bring you far.

And as a full-time healer, which is imho Devotion / Will / Artistry ( I will go into further detail about the trees soon, but for now please check the links I posted in the review ), you can always rearrange the skills to be a magic dmg-dealer/CC priest. So it's no problem to spice it up a bit, especially if you lvl up different trees, too.

As for dungeons, they are pretty much all tank and spank. For most dungeons one healer is enough as well as for most PvE encounters. Things like Kraken, PvP(except for 5v5 Battlegrounds) and the raids are very different however and are very dependant on your group/raid. Solo play is definitely possible, but very limited compared to your possibilites in groups you depend on and adjust yourself to.

Ok, ty. Im downloading it now, 90 kb/s -_- Edit: 300 kb/s now yeehh

Im looking forward for the further details bout trees!

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thank you for this great review/guide!!

I have been playing with the Impact class builder to work up some of my own possible playstyles. But i was curious, what skill combo makes up the Grim Reaper and the Predator classes? I think i have been through all of the combos with the Impact builder and haven't found a skill combo that makes up those class names.

I was just wondering so that i could attempt a theoretical counter build.

“Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf" - Alfred Hitchcock 

:blink:  

JWGamer

JWGamer

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Ahh now i want to play it even more. It is a very good review learned alot about the game and some  of its unique features which made it even more interesting. Thanks for taking the time to type this it was a good read especially the stories.

Dragnela

Dragnela

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Thank you for this great review/guide!!

I have been playing with the Impact class builder to work up some of my own possible playstyles. But i was curious, what skill combo makes up the Grim Reaper and the Predator classes? I think i have been through all of the combos with the Impact builder and haven't found a skill combo that makes up those class names.

I was just wondering so that i could attempt a theoretical counter build.

Yeh im also looking for the build, can someone also give me a good warr (dmg) build, caster build, healing and tank build pls!

http://archeage-impa...g&action=jumpIn

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

For the grim reaper, please refer to this:

http://archeagesourc...rid/#entry30100

It is called Angel Of Death on the Impact talentplaner.

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

Daedalus

Daedalus

King Daedalus, the Returned

• Members
  • PipPipPip

That calculator is going to cost a few people from NA their jobs... it's so addicting to theorycraft and plan with. I know I've spent a ton of time with it. 

Those born with the dawn, never lose sight of it.

Those born with the dawn will away darkness, and stand tall.

Dragnela

Dragnela

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Thnx for the fast reply! Gonna try it ^^

Made a link:

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=611111000101010114111011011000100170010010001100000

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thanks mate! Now to try and work up some counter builds  :ph34r:  MUAHAHAHAHA!!! 

“Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf" - Alfred Hitchcock 

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

What about the 119 others?

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

What about the 119 others?

Well i can't make a counter for everything =P. But even if i can soft counter the more popular "cookie cutter" PvP builds, it will give me at least a little bit of an edge against those people expecting to faceroll me. Sure i assume it will still be challenging but a little bit of edge goes a long way in PvP

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Hmmm the problem with grimreaper is that with stealth they can get the jump on you, and while Will has a stunbreak it doesn't break the paralyze from hellspears which is usually cast directly onto the stun (from what I've seen) and when they do most of their damage (as in you die during that paralyze).

You'd need some pretty godlike reactions to break out of that stun before the paralyze hits, and even then you can at most throw up a defensive buff before they start doing damage (might be enough to survive that burst but then what? It's not like their hands dropped off because you didn't instantly die :P they can still backflip -> triple fireball to the face)

I'm not saying it won't work if you're straight up fighting, I just don't see how it will make you survive any better if they get the alpha strike.

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hmmm the problem with grimreaper is that with stealth they can get the jump on you, and while Will has a stunbreak it doesn't break the paralyze from hellspears which is usually cast directly onto the stun (from what I've seen) and when they do most of their damage (as in you die during that paralyze).

You'd need some pretty godlike reactions to break out of that stun before the paralyze hits, and even then you can at most throw up a defensive buff before they start doing damage (might be enough to survive that burst but then what? It's not like their hands dropped off because you didn't instantly die :P they can still backflip -> triple fireball to the face)

I'm not saying it won't work if you're straight up fighting, I just don't see how it will make you survive any better if they get the alpha strike.

I see your point. I don't have the hands on knowledge that some of you guys have since i haven't stepped into the Korean Client, i am patiently waiting for the NA client. So my ideas are only theoretical. I had no idea that the Angel of Death build could basically alpha you before the crowd control decays. So thanks for the insight, any info is good info.

What's funny is that the caster build that i was thinking of rolling with is similar to the AoD build. On the Impact builder it's called Civil Engineer which is basically the same idea as the AoD build except it uses Illusion instead of Magic. Though it obviously doesn't have the insane burst that the Magic combo has. I just like to try and find a build for myself that isn't "cookie cutter" status, in other words i try to be somewhat unique and unexpected when i engage someone in PvP. So i enjoy theory crafting until i find something that suits my playstyle. 

Any thoughts on ranged kite builds that aren't a dime a dozen? I was thinking of possibly going with a "Chaser" build (Illusion/Calling/Wild) instead. I like the ranged mobility/glass cannon type playstyle.

Zinx

Zinx

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

is that starbox thing a legit building? can people actually make their own shops like bars and stuff and make money?!

hgsignature.png

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

is that starbox thing a legit building? can people actually make their own shops like bars and stuff and make money?!

Only cosmetic.

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I see your point. I don't have the hands on knowledge that some of you guys have since i haven't stepped into the Korean Client, i am patiently waiting for the NA client. So my ideas are only theoretical. I had no idea that the Angel of Death build could basically alpha you before the crowd control decays. So thanks for the insight, any info is good info.

What's funny is that the caster build that i was thinking of rolling with is similar to the AoD build. On the Impact builder it's called Civil Engineer which is basically the same idea as the AoD build except it uses Illusion instead of Magic. Though it obviously doesn't have the insane burst that the Magic combo has. I just like to try and find a build for myself that isn't "cookie cutter" status, in other words i try to be somewhat unique and unexpected when i engage someone in PvP. So i enjoy theory crafting until i find something that suits my playstyle. 

Any thoughts on ranged kite builds that aren't a dime a dozen? I was thinking of possibly going with a "Chaser" build (Illusion/Calling/Wild) instead. I like the ranged mobility/glass cannon type playstyle.

Ranged kiting eh? Well that's definitely wild, and you'll get alot of use out of calling as well with the backflip, movespeed and ranged abilities. Illusion though? Hmm... it would give you some extra CC and a knockback, but most of the CC breaks on damage, and alot of the earlier stuff has a cast time too. It's viable, but here's a few alternatives...

"Sniper" Wild/Magic/Calling. You get some insta cast fireballs and chain lightning to cast while kiting, another pointblank root with damage, frozen steps (if you take the time to cast it) will make chasing you a bitch, as well as firewall forcing people to walk around it or take damage. (potentially you could use meteor/lightning for some high burst while people are rooted but that's secondary)

I'd say that's the cookie cutter kiting build though so let's keep looking.

"Killer" Death/Wild/Calling has some potential to kite, granting you a pointblank stun and silence from death, as well as a instant cast knockback and telekinesis to keep people off your back. The more short range nature of the build makes me feel it would be better suited to a "finish them off up close" kind of style though.

"Missionary" Devotion/Wild/Calling actually a very nice build for kiting in group play, gives you a short cooldown, instant cast ranged root that also increases damage taken on the enemy, some instant cast heals, an AoE ranged paralyze (cast time, but still pretty strong), and perhaps most importantly an AoE stealth field that grants 20 sec of stealth (not sure if to you as well, but at least to your allies) which has alot of potential for group pvp play.

"Strategist" Fortification/Wild/Calling once more a bit more hybrid than pure kiting, it has alot of extra crowd control at melee range, a bit of self-healing, and a forcefield you can use to kite around. Apparently the hammerthrow is a ranged knockdown, but you have to aim it and i'm not sure how hard it is to get a "direct hit" with it so just leaving that out there.

There's alot of more ranged CC type builds like "Hermit" Illusion/Magic/Calling (my personal favorite so far) which can kite pretty well and use CC to set up the big burst abilities from Magic. But that's not strictly a "kiting" build ;)

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Ranged kiting eh? Well that's definitely wild, and you'll get alot of use out of calling as well with the backflip, movespeed and ranged abilities. Illusion though? Hmm... it would give you some extra CC and a knockback, but most of the CC breaks on damage, and alot of the earlier stuff has a cast time too. It's viable, but here's a few alternatives...

"Sniper" Wild/Magic/Calling. You get some insta cast fireballs and chain lightning to cast while kiting, another pointblank root with damage, frozen steps (if you take the time to cast it) will make chasing you a bitch, as well as firewall forcing people to walk around it or take damage. (potentially you could use meteor/lightning for some high burst while people are rooted but that's secondary)

I'd say that's the cookie cutter kiting build though so let's keep looking.

"Killer" Death/Wild/Calling has some potential to kite, granting you a pointblank stun and silence from death, as well as a instant cast knockback and telekinesis to keep people off your back. The more short range nature of the build makes me feel it would be better suited to a "finish them off up close" kind of style though.

"Missionary" Devotion/Wild/Calling actually a very nice build for kiting in group play, gives you a short cooldown, instant cast ranged root that also increases damage taken on the enemy, some instant cast heals, an AoE ranged paralyze (cast time, but still pretty strong), and perhaps most importantly an AoE stealth field that grants 20 sec of stealth (not sure if to you as well, but at least to your allies) which has alot of potential for group pvp play.

"Strategist" Fortification/Wild/Calling once more a bit more hybrid than pure kiting, it has alot of extra crowd control at melee range, a bit of self-healing, and a forcefield you can use to kite around. Apparently the hammerthrow is a ranged knockdown, but you have to aim it and i'm not sure how hard it is to get a "direct hit" with it so just leaving that out there.

There's alot of more ranged CC type builds like "Hermit" Illusion/Magic/Calling (my personal favorite so far) which can kite pretty well and use CC to set up the big burst abilities from Magic. But that's not strictly a "kiting" build ;)

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Yeah i had seriously considered Hermit but for some reason it didn't really appeal to me at the time. But now that i have had another look at it, it looks far more appealing than i remember. I had also considered a Warlock (Magic/Death/Will) build. But aside from a couple of skills in Will, the only thing that really makes Will appealing in my eyes is the Blink ability. But Blink has a lengthy cool down for what it is, so in my opinion it needs the last passive (50% chance to reset the Blink CD) to make Blink worthwhile, and that's a lot of investment in a single tree to compliment one ability. So i have mixed feelings about incorporating Will into my builds. Although Shadow Mercenary (Magic/Will/Calling) looks like it could be a pretty strong build as well. Actually, speaking of Will, the second passive in the Will tree gives you "two additional charges". Two additional charges of what exactly? 

Edit: Also, isn't it better to try and keep to one type of damage? Focus either Physical or Magic damage instead of mixing the two? I would think it would be hard to make best use of your outgoing damage if you split damage types. I hope that makes sense.  

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

yeah for maximizing damage you want to focus on ranged power, attack power (melee), or spell power. Usually you are only using 2 out of 3 trees for damage though, with the third being more for utility (mobility, stealth, crowd control, sustain etc.) so it's not a huge deal if you have some mismatched damage types :) especially with base damage on many abilities being as high as it is.

Warlock is the best AoE farming/levelling build because it adds 2 more instant cast AoE abilities onto the death-magic combo. Would recommend trying it out. Hermit is more pvp focussed (1v1 or 1v2). If you wouldn't take blink without the reset passive then don't take blink, 50% chance is way too unreliable (hell even 80 or 90% is kinda bad for pvp, relying on that will get you killed).

Charge is a buff you get from one of the abilities in the Will tree, it increases the damage of certain abilities or adds additional effects to them, the passive increases the cap from 1 to 3, meaning abilities that get buffed from having the Charge buff on you  can get up to triple those buffs (asuming you keep your charges stacked to 3).

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

yeah for maximizing damage you want to focus on ranged power, attack power (melee), or spell power. Usually you are only using 2 out of 3 trees for damage though, with the third being more for utility (mobility, stealth, crowd control, sustain etc.) so it's not a huge deal if you have some mismatched damage types :) especially with base damage on many abilities being as high as it is.

Warlock is the best AoE farming/levelling build because it adds 2 more instant cast AoE abilities onto the death-magic combo. Would recommend trying it out. Hermit is more pvp focussed (1v1 or 1v2). If you wouldn't take blink without the reset passive then don't take blink, 50% chance is way too unreliable (hell even 80 or 90% is kinda bad for pvp, relying on that will get you killed).

Charge is a buff you get from one of the abilities in the Will tree, it increases the damage of certain abilities or adds additional effects to them, the passive increases the cap from 1 to 3, meaning abilities that get buffed from having the Charge buff on you  can get up to triple those buffs (asuming you keep your charges stacked to 3).

Yeah i am a PvPer at heart so i tend to favor builds more suited to that rather than PvE. But yeah i will have to give Hermit some serious thought. The more i look at it, the more it's growing on me. Thanks for your insight on these builds, you have been a great help in me figuring out what build i might settle on. Anyone have any other suggestions for an aspiring PvPer/smuggler in ArcheAge? Gear/stats, mount/glider, ships, etc.? 

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't know much about gear, but there's a glider with stealth capability, and I hear the pvp mount is very nice cause it's super fast?

Ship-wise the speeder is probably best for smuggling, it can hold a couple of tradepacks of w/ever you're smuggling, and it'll outrun non-speeders when going from east-west or west-east. For north-south/south-north there's apparently something called "trade-winds" which makes certain ships (the black pearl) go faster than the speeder, but not sure how that works.

If you just wanna gank traders though you're probably best off just waiting at a beach near a tradepost (in stealth) and waiting for a vulnerable target you can pick off and steal the tradepack(s) from. Rezz points tend to be pretty closeby though so be careful they don't come back and kill you for the effort :P

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Been running the "hermit" build for a few months now and have found it to be an extremely effective build for PvP. The amount of CC illusion brings is huge! When comparing it to the Grim Reaper build, which Grim Reaper gives a but more DPS but that is a trade off in CC.

Hermit brings these instas,

Pushback DD

Slow/sleep

AOE fear

Stun

Cast time CC's

Root

Bubble

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archeage, review, info dump, arche age, info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users