You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Articles & Guides forum rewards great writing!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
ArcheAgeSource.com has partnered with ArcheAge-Online.com to bring you a new feature that's been gaining popularity on other videogame fansites: community-written articles and guides!

Rewards ranging from ArcheAge-themed t-shirts and stickers to posters and buttons* are being offered for the best work. All someone has to do to be considered is write a great editorial or informational article, post it to ArcheAgeSource.com's Articles and Guides forum, and wait for administrator approval!

Ever want to have a platform by which to make yourself heard? This is a unique opportunity to get your opinions noticed by both XLGames and community alike! At least one article per week (maybe more) will be featured on the front page of ArcheAge-Online.com and nominated for that month's showdown. The strongest article writer (judged on content quality, not quantity) will be awarded that month's best swag!

ArcheAgeSource.com is, first and foremost, a community for people to passionately discuss ArcheAge. However, we recognize that there's a need for hard journalism and editorial writing in the MMO arena, which is why we are presenting this opportunity to you: the community. Do your best and you'll have no regrets! :)

Be sure the work you submit is polished. If you're having problems with BBCode formatting, feel free to ask for help. We can sometimes accommodate requests for new codes, such as float-left or float-right, etc.

So, in summary:

• Write a great article and submit it for approval.
  • If you article is awesome, it'll get featured that week on ArcheAge-Online.com.
  • If you article is the most awesome that month, you'll get swag!
  • Go back to step 1.
*We thought about offering pens, too, but some no-name dude in the shoutbox didn't like the idea.

EDIT: We'll post swag examples if anyone wants to see what we're talking about. :)

ArcheAge hoodie: http://t.co/WqPuK60

ArcheAge t-shirts: attached.

ArcheAge poster concept: attached.

Attached Files

Entaro

Entaro

Professional Strawberry Thief

• Super Moderators
Wooo! Free stuff!

Any thing in particular that you had in mind that you wanted written about? There's not much known about the game yet, just a few basics from those kind enough to share information from Korean beta tests, so as far as any actual guide... that may have to wait.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Wooo! Free stuff!

Any thing in particular that you had in mind that you wanted written about? There's not much known about the game yet, just a few basics from those kind enough to share information from Korean beta tests, so as far as any actual guide... that may have to wait.

If you don't have anything informational to write about, consider doing an editorial piece about what you'd like to see in ArcheAge, or describe a hurdle AA will have to overcome (and possible solutions), or talk about a feature that excites you greatly.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Added examples images of the swag that can be won. :)

Entaro

Entaro

• Super Moderators
Cool! How did you get a company to print over the whole shirt? I tried looking for some online once when I wanted to make a cool raving shirt, but people wouldn't only print on the front or back in a certain area, or on the sleeve a little bit, never over the entire shirt.

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Well then, guess I might swell submit a couple articles wheni have free time a home, probably focusing on pvp mechanics.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
I knew showing pictures would pique people's interest. :)

Cool! How did you get a company to print over the whole shirt? I tried looking for some online once when I wanted to make a cool raving shirt, but people wouldn't only print on the front or back in a certain area, or on the sleeve a little bit, never over the entire shirt.

http://www.jakprints.com/

It's a bit expensive, but it's for a good cause so I'll pony up for it.

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
Thumbs up for admin.

Entaro

Entaro

• Super Moderators
Woooo! Thanks. Yeah, as long as you get 12 or more shirts it's not too bad. Otherwise it's a bit expensive.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Woooo! Thanks. Yeah, as long as you get 12 or more shirts it's not too bad. Otherwise it's a bit expensive.

Yeah, 12 shirts at 300 is pretty good. If I sold them at 30 each I might be able to turn a profit, but I'm not planning on doing that. These are gifts. ;)

I don't have any shirts made already, so whatever swag I get in the mail within a month or so will be what the first and second winners get (stickers will probably show up first, then buttons, then a poster, and then maybe a simple tshirt with the ArcheAge logo on it, then perhaps a really fancy graphic shirt like the one I posted above. ;)

Btw, I'm adding an image of a poster to the first post, too.

Shinaji

Shinaji

The Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I want that Poster and the T-Shirts soooo badly.
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song

“Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Posted Image

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

I want that Poster and the T-Shirts soooo badly.

Already two article this month, get yours in soon so it can be critiqued and tweaked!

XtraMagic

XtraMagic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Article 3 coming up soon.... :lol:
Posted Image

Shinaji

Shinaji

The Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I'll make an attempt. *Deep Breath.*
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song

“Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Eligor

Eligor

• Super Moderators
That was more than a simple attempt, in my opinion.

Thinking on making some articles about teamwork and how guilds should work, not really centered around Archeage but with examples from it. Not enough time to go digging around for article resources anyway.