Development of ArcheAge began sometime in 2006.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Over 1,000,000 words or “Why this might take a while!”

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
505 replies to this topic

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Yaaay!!!! Getting closer!!

“Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf" - Alfred Hitchcock 

:blink:  

Aedgyth

Aedgyth

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

So supposing these two stages of around a few months have some overlap - we could be looking at a possible Christmas release.

Anyway nice to get some info - just need to go into hibernation now for a while and pop out in a "few months" to see whats happening.... and collect some acorns......

Miyafuji

Miyafuji

Hidoi !

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip

PvP server gogo! Tbh I bet PvP servers could be something that makes the game much more appealing in the west since we just love to murder people it's in our blood. Keep the current system for PvE ppl or make it even safer. Everyone wins.
If this would happen I would drop kr faster than space shuttle.

Inporylem my comrade you once again do not dissapoint!

I was mjust about to write a lobby post for having PVP/PVE servers. The changes need not to be extreme, and as such would not colide in any localizations or patching I belive. Just certain setting tweaks, is is possible, dunno, the community would appreaciete it Elrar, we really would.

Yeah and good that you have finally came out of your cave. The sun is annoying after a long time in darkness, but it will be ok, you will get used to it in no time.

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Item-decay "proper" crafting system not coming back confirmed it seems.

Even though the RNG lottery is something typically enjoyed by easterners and definitely not westerners.

Meh, we'll see if the game is still of interest in the long run without the systems in place to found a sustainable economy.

Brimor

Brimor

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

What u have given us today on this post Elrar is something that could have been said by Trion a lot sooner than this. Some of the comments you make amount to no more than smoke screens, and i find it quite insulting when u say enjoy these early days, cherish them even. They will not last. We know they wont last Elrar, but how does one enjoy a wall of silence. It is not a big ask to have someone write a short post on this forum regarding the game even if its just to say, "Hello we are still here" and to update us even if to say that the time scale of events has not changed much since we last posted. Its quite appalling that any game company keeps quiet for so long towards the public who they hope will be playing their game when its FINALLY released and i say that with no great expectations of playing ArcheAge anytime before summer 2014. Just keep us in the loop a bit more, its all people want. We know now that we will have to wait longer than we hoped, but even when you say expect things to stay quiet for a few more weeks at least, is still unacceptable as you havnt really given a time scale when you will release new information, just by adding the word at least on to the end of your sentance, means it could be much longer than that AGAIN. Start thinking more about the community as a whole Trion, its the least you can do.

mimmosin

mimmosin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

PvP server gogo! Tbh I bet PvP servers could be something that makes the game much more appealing in the west since we just love to murder people it's in our blood. Keep the current system for PvE ppl or make it even safer. Everyone wins.
If this would happen I would drop kr faster than space shuttle.

Totally agree with you. PvP servers with less safe zones. Eu its more pvper in mmos than other.

Palonto

Palonto

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Wow thanks Elrar! 

Ever since playing Japanese open beta I can't wait for the game to go live in NA/EU So I can finally read the dmn quest text! :)

monte

monte

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Nothing to see here, go back to your homes.

Basicly, it is still going to be a while.

Shrapn3ls

Shrapn3ls

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thank you very much Elrar for this topic ! Hope the job is going well for Trion about ArcheAge, take your time (not too much :D) and do it well then everybody will be glad to play it in EU/NA

Piratopia - Backstab us, meet the Kraken!

Piratopia

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thanks for updating us Elrar, it'd be nice to get posts like this more often.

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

There will be no split for PVP or PVE if they do, it will a failure. PvE Kids who cry about ganking go home! Don't play AA! :D

@Elrar thanks for this awesome update :]

Keep moving on :)

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

There will be no split for PVP or PVE if they do, it will a failure. PvE Kids who cry about ganking go home! Don't play AA! :D

@Elrar thanks for this awesome update :]

Keep moving on :)

And people who enjoy pvp keep moving on too I assume? What is there left, rpers?

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I swear I've read this somewhere before...

What is there to communicate? They're working on actively translating the game but they don't have an ETA on when it will be ready. If you send Elrar asking him what's going on, he'll tell you the exact same thing. When they have an ETA, they'll tell us.

Elrar, you old goose, next time you're in Telara, the mead is on me!

P.S. I want to add my voice to the group of people that believe having a few servers with a "less/no safezones" ruleset is absolutely worth looking into... though I don't doubt that yall have already discussed it.

Efaicia

Efaicia

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Thank you for the update! I cannot fathom the work that is involved here. Trying to be patient and keep myself distracted until the day finaly comes!

Efaicia
Soon to be;
The Eternally in Love,
Hopelessly Romantic,
and Strong Willed
Ferre!

Melancholy

Melancholy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I had a quite entertaining experience using Google Translate!

And I guess I've got to stick to this old friend of mine for quite a while...

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Google translate .... yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah ...  <_<

Bahz

Bahz

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

<--- add me to the testing list :D

Vihar

Vihar

Probably 400th Member

• Members
  • PipPip

This is the sort of thing that people have been wanting.

Even without offering anything concrete, like dates and things, a little "We are working on this, and that." is actually very welcome.

One question...

How much do you charge yourselves to play? :D

Intended build - Tragic Poet

http://archeagescand...98a8c9091939496

yaztromo

yaztromo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

even without dates, read some concrete things like weather that does not leave this year for example.

since the workflow is did he say loudly.

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thank you for the update Elrar, this kind of information will go a long way to easing some concerns. I am happy to hear any changes will be minimal and if at the very least keeping it the same as KR will ensure what I have grown to love will still remain. Is was also a nice reveal to hear that Trion is already onto the updates, so this answers if we will be getting the KR release version or a good chunk of the updates since (fishing, cars, subs, politics, etc).

I hope this includes not removing gold rewards for trade pack turn-ins like Japan did (or was it china?) This would be one change that would severely hinder AA for me.