ArcheAge has had three distinct brand identities, counting the current one.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Over 1,000,000 words or “Why this might take a while!”

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
505 replies to this topic

Daemoneyes

Daemoneyes

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I wouldn't expect any news until after the holidays at this point.

And exactly this is the reason why i think Trion is incapable.

No news for the holidays is one of the worst marketing decisions they could make.

People get together, drink and talk, so why not use this free marketing opportunity?

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

At this point it no longer really matters if it's Trion or XL. The fact is simply that the NA/EU markets just aren't being taken seriously.

"We need to enhance our security..."

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

At this point it no longer really matters if it's Trion or XL. The fact is simply that the NA/EU markets just aren't being taken seriously.

This is exactly how I have felt since E3.

“Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf" - Alfred Hitchcock 

:blink:  

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Exactly this, well said!

Trion is not going to win the "company of the year" title, thats for sure :P.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Just keep shooting the messenger, LlexX. -.-

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

If the shoe fits...

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

*dahanese

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

"That wraps up our first official unofficial chat with the Trion team. I hope this was a good jumping off point for more frequent Q&As like this one. We'll definitely have some more stuff between now and the end of the year for you to sink your teeth into - and I'd love to hear any other questions you have so we can do more interviews like this in the future!"

I'm not saying that they won't follow up on what she referred to, but time is growing short on not being able to live up to it as I think we all know that no one will be in the office or putting out info between Christmas and New Years. As that came from Trion, not XL, the "shooting the messenger" comment is invalid.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
My guess is that something unexpected happened. What if XL is being cranky and it's not their fault?

PsychoPhobic

PsychoPhobic

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

My guess is that something unexpected happened. What if XL is being cranky and it's not their fault?

I never understood all of your blind loyalty for Trion. 

“Nothing has changed since Little Red Riding Hood faced the big bad wolf. What frightens us today is exactly the same sort of thing that frightened us yesterday. It's just a different wolf" - Alfred Hitchcock 

:blink:  

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

That's entirely possible. But at some point, you have to realize that silence is not a solution, it's an instigator. Credibility is a valuable commodity that is hard to earn and harder to regain once lost. The only thing worse than no information is claiming there will be more and then failing to deliver.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I never understood all of your blind loyalty for Trion. 

It's not blind. I've been a customer of theirs since Rift beta. Trion has shown time and again that they always follow through with the customer's best interests at heart. After being treated like garbage by companies like SOE, Nexon, Riot, and Turbine, Trion is a complete breath of fresh air. Rarely have I ever been disappointed by something Trion has ever done, and they always find ways to compensate their players for inconveniences.

That's entirely possible. But at some point, you have to realize that silence is not a solution, it's an instigator. Credibility is a valuable commodity that is hard to earn and harder to regain once lost. The only thing worse than no information is claiming there will be more and then failing to deliver.

What's worse? Saying nothing and pissing off some of the fans or saying too much and pissing off XLGames? They probably thought that by now they would have come to an agreement with XL about payment model (which I believe Hartsman said was being talked about around this time) but XL is trying to play hardball with their silly little Arcs system and Trion isn't budging, thus creating a stalemate.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

The fact that you ask which is worse clearly defines the divide that is your loyalty to Trion versus the realities involved. It is impossible to have any type of logical discussion with you concerning this as you have one and only one fallback answer, which is that Trion is incapable of being wrong or in the wrong, no matter the circumstances.

I admire your dedication, I really do.

But the reality is that there could have been something from either Scott or Dahanese "Hey, things are running behind so there's not much to say, except Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year!" It's not difficult. In most sectors of retail and hospitality, it's called building a rapport with your customer. It doesn't have to be complicated, just show a little initiative. While I fully agree with you and do believe that there is a lot of XL bullshit involved, using that as an excuse has grown thin and no longer holds water.

I know that they have our best interests at heart. No one has disputed that. It's C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N... I believe that word has come up before.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

The fact that you ask which is worse clearly defines the divide that is your loyalty to Trion versus the realities involved. It is impossible to have any type of logical discussion with you concerning this as you have one and only one fallback answer, which is that Trion is incapable of being wrong or in the wrong, no matter the circumstances.

Sounds to me like you're avoiding the question by misrepresenting me. I'll ask again: What's worse? Saying nothing and pissing off some of the fans or saying too much and pissing off XLGames?

But the reality is that there could have been something from either Scott or Dahanese "Hey, things are running behind so there's not much to say, except Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year!" It's not difficult. In most sectors of retail and hospitality, it's called building a rapport with your customer. It doesn't have to be complicated, just show a little initiative. While I fully agree with you and do believe that there is a lot of XL bullshit involved, using that as an excuse has grown thin and no longer holds water.

I know that they have our best interests at heart. No one has disputed that. It's C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N... I believe that word has come up before.

Could they have said something like "Hey, things are running behind so there's not much to say, except Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year!" Sure. Would that satisfy you? No.

But if you want a "Merry Christmas" that bad, Dahanese is just an email away...

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Dear God you're dense...

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Dear God you're dense...

Ad hominem. Stay classy, Alasondra.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Hmm... Very dense.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Hmm... Very dense.

GoEnglish_com_ThePotCallingTheKettleBlac

Ashardalon

Ashardalon

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Might have to side with Alasondra on the white-knighting of Trion Worlds here. Something may have came up, but it's always good to at least let the community know you're still there. *coughbladeandsoulcough*

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Kinda makes a gal not wanna come into this thread since it's usually about seeing Kriptini and Alasondra going at it all the time.   <_<

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

43913603.jpg

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song