You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Over 1,000,000 words or “Why this might take a while!”

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
505 replies to this topic

Zorky

Zorky

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Thank you for this update and please keep us posted :)

ArcheAge Community Global Gamers

Twitter https://twitter.com/ArcheAge_Com

Website https://archeage.org.uk

IRC - Host: Irc.globalgamers.net - Port: 6667
Channels: #GlobalGamers - #Archeage

Catch

Catch

Translator

• Members
  • PipPip

Thanks for the update, many of us have been here following the game for a very long time. I played the KR version, and am very excited for the NA beta. Hope to get in, like everyone else here.

You have my full support.

SigTest3.png

reighnman

reighnman

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Take pictures of the server setup and post when they're done please :)

Roynom

Roynom

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Awesome! Long awaited :D

ADVENTURE!

Natron77

Natron77

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

In other news, ArcheAge Japan finished open beta and fully launched today. Why is the English version so far behind Japan?

zefs

zefs

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

In other news, ArcheAge Japan finished open beta and fully launched today. Why is the English version so far behind Japan?

Did you read the first post? It explains why.

Natron77

Natron77

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Did you read the first post? It explains why.

I don't see how it explains that at all. Japanese had to localize and deal with cultural changes, get a new billing system set up, and get servers running too.

zefs

zefs

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yes but GameOn and Trion are different companies as well. It depends on the publisher, how much resources/staff they want to use and how fast they will release the game. The other thing is different markets, Japanese vs Western market I suppose have huge differences, so different strategic moves must be followed as well.

mimmosin

mimmosin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yes but GameOn and Trion are different companies as well. It depends on the publisher, how much resources/staff they want to use and how fast they will release the game. The other thing is different markets, Japanese vs Western market I suppose have huge differences, so different strategic moves must be followed as well.

This is no reason to wait too much that #1 says. Jp version like natron says have need to localize entirely the game, adapt their launcher to a weblauncher MOST HARD to make because need a huge net to do this...the terms are the same jp and west...the inversion of time, recources, staff i think this is the problem, european workers not make the things at same ritm that asians that they generally work well and fast.

Neva

Neva

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Thanks for the update, can't wait till beta starts. :)

Neva

yaztromo

yaztromo

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

this is something to think about, if the Japanese were able to translate all in time, why for English is so hard

mimmosin

mimmosin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I think trion launch the game at same time NA/EU because will be the same version, the main problem its europe. Why? In europe the german and french laws force in most cases to translate the game to their language, then, english i think its not the problem, the problem are the others

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

this is something to think about, if the Japanese were able to translate all in time, why for English is so hard

There's a similar social structure in Japan as there is in Korea, so many of their mannerisms can be translated from one language to the other mostly intact. In the "West" we don't normally address each other based on age or position. The most complicated we get in 'Murrika is either Mister or Miss, Doctor or Father, Sir or Ma'am, etc. 

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Also you are making the assumption that Trion have the same amount of people working on the game as the Japanese Publisher.

Theik

Theik

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

You can consider me a crazy guy, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it is a lot easier to get together a team of Japanese people who can translate Korean -> Japanese properly, than it is to get a team of Westerners together who can translate Korean -> English, French and German properly.

You know, just like how it is a lot easier to find a Dutch guy who speaks German, or a Polish guy who speaks Russian, than it is to find an American who speaks Zwahili? People are more likely to learn the languages that are relatively near them.

Vihar

Vihar

Probably 400th Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Based on the info given, I am guessing that we are looking at about 1 year to NA Launch.

Intended build - Tragic Poet

http://archeagescand...98a8c9091939496

icx

icx

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Based on the info given, I am guessing that we are looking at about 1 year to NA Launch.

I dont think its going to be a year, possibly 6-8 months. Assuming all goes according to plan, 2-3 months till closed beta, closed beta 1-2 months, more development for maybe 1-2 months, then an open beta before release.

Juggernaught

Juggernaught

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Thanks for the update but for the love of god I hope the development team is seriously considering PvP servers.

BreakNFaces

BreakNFaces

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I am a little worried that he mentioned "trying to implement all the latest changes in the Korean version" Come on Trion Worlds, you go down that same path as XLGames and do these friendly changes like nerfing PVP/Pirates and safe zones not to mention some of the mainstream changes we have seen on the Korean client, you will have server populations like we see now, EMPTY!!! Hardcore is making a comeback and wouldn't u rather a game like EVE Online after ten years still growing then a flash in the pan MMO people will only play for a few months?

Don't be brash and follow the Koreans, yes it is their game but stick to, or as close to their beta as possible... Just saying.... I want this game to be my home for years, not weeks.

Kapow_zps2c1db802.png                             

I am a gamer not because I don't have a life but because I choose to have MANY

Dresler

Dresler

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Two months of closed beta? Are you kidding?

Also you say that there will be almost unchanged from the Korean version, I do not understand the reason for a beta so extensive.

And that you have not yet integrated the game sounds more like an excuse than a reality. Anyway, even if true (which I doubt) what have you against creating a website that is not as crappy as what you have now?

You seem more vague than anything else, sorry.

In order to see if it leaves the game before we become old, thanks for the work so fast that you do :)

Disappointing...