You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge Fans at PAX Prime 2013?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Hey there assorted random fans of ArcheAge, have you ever heard of Penny Arcade Expo? It's a videogame convention open to the public held three times a year; once in Seattle, once in Boston and once somewhere in Australia (probably on the back of a massive spider).

I personally travel to PAX Prime (Seattle, the original home of PAX) and PAX East (Boston) every year, hoping to scope out the newest, hottest videogames, make new friends and have some fun. I'm also an Enforcer, which means I work for half of or ALL of PAX (depending on where I get assigned).

Last year I traveled to Gamescom 2012 to meet some of the core members of the German ArcheAge community. We weren't able to figure out who was going to publish the game in Europe or America, but we did guess correctly who would publish the game in Russia. That trip was a ton of fun, and I had hoped to maybe make it again this year to support the European ArcheAge community. Unfortunately, Trion Worlds will not have a booth at Gamescom 2013 (according to posts on the official Rift forum).

y8TuGf7l.jpg

Photo credit: Mark Wilhelm (me). Shot at PAX Prime 2012.

Most folks assumed this meant Trion Worlds would have a booth at PAX Prime instead, but that also seems to not be happening. According to posts in the shoutbox here on ArcheAge Source by community manager Elrar, it appears that Trion Worlds will not have an independent booth at PAX either. Instead they'll be partnering up with some other companies, hardware companies if I had to guess, to showcase some of their games. I doubt ArcheAge servers will be ready for remote connections during PAX Prime and setting up local servers at the event would probably be very complicated, so I believe Trion will probably be showing off more Rift and Defiance. Warface and End of Nations are also a very remote possibility. If ArcheAge is at PAX Prime and not just a trailer being looped on a TV somewhere, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

In spite of this weird turn of events, I'll still be attending PAX Prime and representing the ArcheAge fan community as best as I can. Some European ArcheAge fans will remember the special pins I produced and gave out at Gamescom 2012. I'll be making a new set of pins for PAX Prime and giving them to anyone who can find me before, during or after the show. I'll also be available to go drinking and dining with every evening after the expo hall closes and if there's no late-night panels I want to sit in on.

dVQ4nCDl.jpg

Photo credit: Mark Wilhelm (me again). Shot at Gamescom 2012.

I'm not-so-secretly hoping that Trion Worlds has some kind of informal community get-together planned. Some Trion employees are attending an informal community event at a bar in San Mateo this weekend, so why not do the same thing in Seattle? If they don't mention anything within a week or so of the convention, I'll try to organize something.

Update:

Thanks Mark!

Really wish we could be there in full force this year, but the reality is we're just super busy & it takes a lot of effort and time just to make an appearance at these shows - little of which has any net benefit on the quality of our games.

Whether it's me or someone else from the team I'll be sure to pass on the details of your festivities :)

And as mentioned at the end of his post, if anyone is in the San Francisco area on Friday evening and wants to hang out with (mostly RIFT) Devs feel free to stop by our little unofficial soiree - can get all the details on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...70911309713653/

I'll be there in the flesh!

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I want a pin ;__;

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

My share of Marks lovely pins and stickers will come in handy at this years Gamescom, too :)

Thank you very much.

A year later ...

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Elrar

Elrar

CM at Trion Worlds

• Developers
  • PipPip

Thanks Mark!

Really wish we could be there in full force this year, but the reality is we're just super busy & it takes a lot of effort and time just to make an appearance at these shows - little of which has any net benefit on the quality of our games.

Whether it's me or someone else from the team I'll be sure to pass on the details of your festivities :)

And as mentioned at the end of his post, if anyone is in the San Francisco area on Friday evening and wants to hang out with (mostly RIFT) Devs feel free to stop by our little unofficial soiree - can get all the details on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...70911309713653/

I'll be there in the flesh!

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Gah, I live in South Cali so I won't be there... BUT I will try to go to the location of the bar in Defiance!

BlueCeptor

BlueCeptor

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The reason why I wished I lived in the US :'(
The chance to meet the guys behind the games I enjoy..
Who knows! Maybe I'll move >.<

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
It's a bit too pricy to fly over just to get drunk maybe I have to visit Germany if they ever have any international events. Just need to finish my ferre costume.

BreakNFaces

BreakNFaces

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I would love to go to the Australian meet, any chance you have those details Mark?

Kapow_zps2c1db802.png                             

I am a gamer not because I don't have a life but because I choose to have MANY

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

I would love to go to the Australian meet, any chance you have those details Mark?

PAX Australia was a week or two ago and I didn't attend, sorry. :X

It's a bit too pricy to fly over just to get drunk maybe I have to visit Germany if they ever have any international events. Just need to finish my ferre costume.

Get naked, roll around in oil and then synthetic fur. You're good to go.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Get naked, roll around in oil and then synthetic fur. You're good to go.

What about the ears?

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Borrow some from a Spock impersonator, add oil and fur again.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

How do you know all of this?

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
It's common knowledge I hope?

Oh god am I arone?