You can switch the forum's background by selecting the paint bucket next to the blue Twitter icon below. New backgrounds are added as more members join!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sword Art Online

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Fairy tail.. please no .. its almost like Naruto ..

TrueHull

TrueHull

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

April 2014

i wish they would start back High School of the Dead already, you would think 2 years is enough of a head start

Fairy tail.. please no .. its almost like Naruto ..

don't let me get started on naruto, the untouchable 17 year old, that is stronger than most of ever one in that anime, i don't like how the writers made the story go, use to love naruto, until i realized he never loses even to people who should obviously be kicking him left - right...

AAsign-1.png

Apply Now |
I like potatoes.

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

i wish they would start back High School of the Dead already, you would think 2 years is enough of a head start

don't let me get started on naruto, the untouchable 17 year old, that is stronger than most of ever one in that anime, i don't like how the writers made the story go, use to love naruto, until i realized he never loses even to people who should obviously be kicking him left - right...

Naruto is actually something for kids.. a superhero etc etc, a standard story , you will always know how it will ends.

Btw as I know , since im a big fan of HOTD , they started again the manga..

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Come on... most of those fucking stories are for children. It's not like Naruto is more so than others. They are about as deep as puddles in the road. Go read a book instead.

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Come on... most of those fucking stories are for children. It's not like Naruto is more so than others. They are about as deep as puddles in the road. Go read a book instead.

Thats where you actually fail :)

Anime's comes always from books as if you didnt know it ( light novels as SAO for examples ) .

Its actually far deeper than your tv series and all the films around the cinema.

Skaylay

Skaylay

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

So an anime based on MMOs that turns out to actually be similar to MMOs. I did not expect that at all, wow!

xD

SAO have some moments (not too long, plus modern tech sense and quality), but .hack//SIGN eats it with its music (Yuki Kajiura) ^^"

Fairy Tail, just boobs.. and 1-2 songs,

Naruto, eh.. <https:// www.youtube...h?v=Hfb6Rxgu9eQ> same as Bleach or whatever it's entitled - good start and the inffinite abbys of snail-lazy plot,

Thats where you actually fail :)

Anime's comes always from books as if you didnt know it ( light novels as SAO for examples ) .

Its actually far deeper than your tv series and all the films around the cinema.

Anime like TVs and Movies, as Manga and Books - there are plenty of trash and few good ones. But in Anime poeple often tend to force meanings into areas where are none, like Evangelion series or the Bible.. - no offence.

-For some timekilling I can recommend manhwa Tower of God, <http://mangafox.me/manga/tower_of_god/>

-If you like to watch something in fantasy theme, check Records of Lodoss Wars (1990 - the 13 ep TV series <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100044/>, from zero to hero all the way up to epic fantasy setting, I think I'll rewatch it : )

Posted Image

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

So many anime fans... this is the only anime i love:

[spoilers=The Best AniMe]

[/spoilers]

...and ofc Dragon Ball ;)

yuufarlc

yuufarlc

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Best anime ever :D

Best copy of .Hack ever, without a complex story so everyone can understand, you mean

I don t get it, SOA was far from new, or even good.  Was a cheap knock off one of the classics, but with a completely predictable plot.

Best anime ever? i dont think one exists, Its all a matter of preference, but for me SAO will never be it, it;s far from "better" than the anime it stole from to begin with.

As far as the OP goes, well no duh Archeage reminds you of SOA, SOA being based on a Virtual World MMO, any MMO could be inserted into the original statement.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Anime like TVs and Movies, as Manga and Books - there are plenty of trash and few good ones. But in Anime poeple often tend to force meanings into areas where are none, like Evangelion series or the Bible.. - no offence.

To be fair, what people like about Evangelion are the characters, and not so much the storyline (and its biblical references). Characters in Evangelion are twisted as fuck and have insane charisma whether you absolutely hate them (the main character just makes you want to slap him in the face) or love them. Plus the fact it has mechas, instant win.

TrueHull

TrueHull

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

first off the i just gave an opinion and my feeling towards an anime i watch, and please lets not go in to the best anime of all time, that would be a "great" waste of time.

-For some timekilling I can recommend manhwa Tower of God, <http://mangafox.me/manga/tower_of_god/>

-If you like to watch something in fantasy theme, check Records of Lodoss Wars (1990 - the 13 ep TV series <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100044/>, from zero to hero all the way up to epic fantasy setting, I think I'll rewatch it : )

as for this, it gives me mixed feels, they are so many anime out there and just because you can't find a meaning in an anime doesn't mean there is no meaning to be found. I believe everything in life is just a matter of perspective, and also just because you may prefer a more "mature" ( :lol:  :D) genre of anime with a  "deep" meaning doesn't mean every would be looking for that...

AAsign-1.png

Apply Now |
I like potatoes.

Zev

Zev

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Why can't we just enjoy all anime, good or bad, it's all entertaining.

I did really like SOA though, mostly because it was an MMO with Ultima Online like skill system(minus the level part, but they fixed that once in Alfeim place) and i truly miss a skill system in an MMO.

Locket

Locket

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yay! Anime talk. owo <3

SAO has to be one of my favorite animes thus far. But nothing can tame my nerdism over sailormoon. :3
I like a lot of the classics, some of the new. Hate Naruto. -_-'' Every con I ever went to I ran into 3000 narutos each corner. D:

♪ ♥ Locket x Zeval ♥ ♪

LocketS2_zps4865ac2e.gif

♪ ♥ NA/EU Player ♥ ♪

Evangelion

Evangelion

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

dont hate the hero kirito-kun

Lily

Lily

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

To be fair, what people like about Evangelion are the characters, and not so much the storyline (and its biblical references). Characters in Evangelion are twisted as fuck and have insane charisma whether you absolutely hate them (the main character just makes you want to slap him in the face) or love them. Plus the fact it has mechas, instant win.

Congratulations :D 

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I believe everything in life is just a matter of perspective, and also just because you may prefer a more "mature" ( :lol:  :D) genre of anime with a  "deep" meaning doesn't mean every would be looking for that...

I find it annoying when people try to pull the ''matter of taste'' card. I mean sure, difference of perspectives applies in a lot of things but not everything, people need to apply more logic and separate things.

Let's take junk food as an example, just because you enjoy Mc Donald burguers (and I personally like me some cheeseburguer once a while yo) doesn't mean it's suddenly quality food. It's still junk regardless of if you like it or not.

And thus, it's totally fine to enjoy low quality anime, judging someone because he likes them is a big no-no. As such it is indeed a matter of perspective whether you enjoy it or not. However it's still low quality anime. One's gotta face it and realize, even if he likes it's not intrinsically quality stuff, and just deal with it instead of hiding under the cover of ''I like it'' and getting hurt for no reason.

Same applies to games and the issue is usually summarized with fanboy/hateboy terminologies because neither side can be platonic or logical about it, but it's much more complex than that.

Congratulations :D

For what?

TrueHull

TrueHull

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I find it annoying when people try to pull the ''matter of taste'' card. I mean sure, difference of perspectives applies in a lot of things but not everything, people need to apply more logic and separate things.

Let's take junk food as an example, just because you enjoy Mc Donald burguers (and I personally like me some cheeseburguer once a while yo) doesn't mean it's suddenly quality food. It's still junk regardless of if you like it or not.

And thus, it's totally fine to enjoy low quality anime, judging someone because he likes them is a big no-no. As such it is indeed a matter of perspective whether you enjoy it or not. However it's still low quality anime. One's gotta face it and realize, even if he likes it's not intrinsically quality stuff, and just deal with it instead of hiding under the cover of ''I like it'' and getting hurt for no reason.

Same applies to games and the issue is usually summarized with fanboy/hateboy terminologies because neither side can be platonic or logical about it, but it's much more complex than that.

i never said that liking or disliking an anime makes it a quality anime, my point was perspective , but please tell what you would consider a quality anime since your to "mature" for anime like naruto because as far as i know naruto is one of the most popular anime currently airing, where as alot of the what would be quality anime usual are canceled.... But if you don't mind please explain.

AAsign-1.png

Apply Now |
I like potatoes.

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

i never said that liking or disliking an anime makes it a quality anime, my point was perspective , but please tell what you would consider a quality anime since your to "mature" for anime like naruto because as far as i know naruto is one of the most popular anime currently airing, where as alot of the what would be quality anime usual are canceled.... But if you don't mind please explain.

You missed the point of my previous post entirely it seems. And lol at Naruto being quality stuff because of popularity, like, for real brah??

I didn't say anything about Naruto by the way, I actually enjoy the storyline and the characters even if it's childish and predictable, but I only read the manga. The anime is very poor, it has terrible art, terrible animations and voice-acting.They re-use animations and background drawings very often. Definitely a low quality anime.

But since you ask, I will give you an example of high quality anime that are aimed at young people (kids/teenagers) as opposed to your whole ''too mature for this'' thing: Princess Nausicaa/My neighboor Totoro/Porco Rosso.

All made by studio Ghibli, their storyline are good in terms of progression. Usually with a strong message at the end, and very few inconsistencies. And while they are meant for kids, they are not repulsive to adults because characters are believable. None of the goody2shoes or super evil thing, characters are ''grey''. In Princess Nausicaa and Porco Rosso Villains usually have reasons one can understand and relate to. Characters overall have strong personalities, you get attached to them, they are not just there to fill the background. They have different personalities and behaviour (in many animes you feel like they just re-used characters personalities), they feel ''human''. The voice acting only enhances it because of how well it's done (in terms of tone, the words chosen, how well it fits the character, emotions portrayed, etc), you can tell a lot of work and love was put on each of them.

When it comes to the art, the animations are good, characters moves in credible ways. Background images are beautiful and fit the rest perfectly. Gorgeous drawings overall. In fact all of them have handmade drawings. Whether you enjoy it or not you can't deny how much work was put into it and how well made they are.

There is other ones like this of course. Ghost in the shell is another example of quality anime (I haven't watched the new one they made this year yet though), as well as Gundam (the original one from 1979, not the crappy ones we have nowadays although Gundam 00 was good). I also think Kaiba is really great, although I haven't decided whether its art is pure genius or just plain lazyness. And obviously the list goes on, those are just the ones I can remember of right now.

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I concur with Amaterasu, Naruto is low quality anime made for kids essentially. There is a ton of really shitty anime and a few decent ones.

TrueHull

TrueHull

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

lol at Naruto being quality stuff because of popularity, 

i could agree with most everything you said after this, but i feel like you read into something that wasn't there, no where is my post did i say or imply that popularity means quality, but considering the most popular anime are the ones airing weekly but to be fair most of the those anime are aired weekly so repeating a background or two helps speed up the process, and i don't enjoy naruto anymore, tbh i don't even watch that genre of anime anymore because as you said it is too predictable, but imho i don't think thoses type of anime are target specifically at kids.

And i watch so many anime and i can't bring myself to watch another mech-base i just can't. Code Geass is as far as i could take myself. I much rather seinen genre animes, and also i hate to see the "good guy" win in very predictable and annoying ways but ofc if you grew up watching an anime i.e naruto, then more than likely you will still be watching anime like that when you get older

AAsign-1.png

Apply Now |
I like potatoes.