You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Petition] Save ArcheAge Russia

petition archeage payment f2p subscription download help XLGames Mail.ru Trion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

A few days ago, on the 28th of September, Mail.ru (the publisher of ArcheAge for Russia) presented their business plan and the payment model of ArcheAge for Russia. The results were mixed. Some in the Russian ArcheAge community started a petition in order to try to convince XLGAMES and Mail.ru to change their business decisions.

In the topics "Russian Archeage presentation" and "Russian game community need your support" you can read the discussion about the Russian version of ArcheAge presented by Mail.ru. In this Google-translated article you can read what some Russian players think is happening and what might be the consequences of this new system: ArcheAge. Die before they were born (Russian)

Summary of the payment model for Russia:

ArcheAge-Russia-business-model.png

This is not a complete list of changes.

Sergei Teymurazov (producer of Archeage localization in Russia) in an interview said that this distribution model was created by XLGames and not by them and that it's going to be the world-wide model, not just Russia's. Link to the Google-translated interview: Arc's in Archeage - Details (Russian)

If you're interested in helping Russian ArcheAge fans change Mail.ru's mind, you can try signing this internet petition. If what the producer for the Russian localization says is true, then we American and European fans may be in trouble as well.

UPDATE:

Last information on the payment system war provided to russian players in interview to GoHa.ru.
Video/audio of original interview (in Russian) -

Spoiler

Full Russian text of it - http://forums.goha.r....php?p=24078947

Under the next spoiler is a huge amount of text - full translation from Russian. Hope it's readable)

Spoiler

CrazyDevka

CrazyDevka

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Thank you for you support us!

wtfbro

wtfbro

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

ru archeage is broken

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Save the donkey, save the trading!
AADonkey2MailRU-vi.png

Sign the Petition

This system will result in the donkeys becoming instinct, our donkey needs a job, please give a purpose for him to exist...

guima

guima

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I do not think I got it right.
Even as a paying player, I'll have to buy crystals, with more real money, to exchange for "Arcs" to sell or buy items on the AH? Or is it only for non-paying players?

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I do not think I got it right.
Even as a paying player, I'll have to buy crystals, with more real money, to exchange for "Arcs" to sell or buy items on the AH? Or is it only for non-paying players?

It says that if you're subscriber, you'll receive some Arcs automatically every so often. However, if you want crystals for the extra fluff stuff, you'll still have to spend more money.

mimmosin

mimmosin

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I dont think that this model can be in EU&NA because first in the recently interview with trions they said that dont know that happen with the archeage russian when a fan ask them about their release compare with the russian version.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I dont think that this model can be in EU&NA because first in the recently interview with trions they said that dont know that happen with the archeage russian when a fan ask them about their release compare with the russian version.

Not knowing what another company is or isn't doing wont stop another from making bad decisions. One can only hope that Trion is attentive to the feedback that is being put out by ArcheAge's global communities. But until Trion actually steps forward with a model, all we can do is continue to make our desires and deal breakers be known, regardless of view.

"We need to enhance our security..."

BreakNFaces

BreakNFaces

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Oh my how very sad,

What I am about to say some may not like but seriously how hard is it to get it right?

Option one :Free To Play (make money off vanity items and a one time purchase of the game)

Option two :Make us Sub and everyone has the same points each and everyday, if need be after a year go to option one without the initial one time payment for the game.

I myself prefer the Sub option but man I would rather have a Free To Play version like Rift than what I am reading about the RU version.

Trion it is up to you, don't let us down please

Kapow_zps2c1db802.png                             

I am a gamer not because I don't have a life but because I choose to have MANY

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Option one :Free To Play (make money off vanity items and a one time purchase of the game)

Option two :Make us Sub and everyone has the same points each and everyday, if need be after a year go to option one without the initial one time payment for the game.

I myself prefer the Sub option but man I would rather have a Free To Play version like Rift than what I am reading about the RU version.

Option one: in case of a F2P they could also make the various customizations to cost money (custom cape, sail, pictures for the house, shirt, car skin...) that would be fine by most of the players and it would not have effect on the economy.

But you can't give labor regeneration to F2P accounts, that would result in botfest, result in breaking the main elements of the game (everyone would be making new accounts/chars to steal staff from other players to prevent their main chars from getting crime points... and other things), there are just to many things to exploit this way :(.

I can't imagine AA to become an interesting game if it goes F2P, the key features would not work as intended, this is not a typical WoW-clone where you are camping the instances, things in AA happen in the open world, and where actions have consonances (i know they are small, but still there are).

Haki88

Haki88

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I cant see anything good by asking for fake votes. If 99% of this forum is waiting for eu/na why you are asking ppl from this forum to sign petition for game in russia.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Source please!

I cant see anything good by asking for fake votes. If 99% of this forum is waiting for eu/na why you are asking ppl from this forum to sign petition for game in russia.

Maybe because we believe in humanity and social acting instead of taking care just about ourselves...

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Cornholio

Cornholio

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Save the donkey, save the trading!
AADonkey2MailRU-vi.png

Sign the Petition

This system will result in the donkeys becoming instinct, our donkey needs a job, please give a purpose for him to exist...

i saw the picture of the donkey or more aptly put A$$ , and for a brief time , i thought i was in the forums of the other game i play.....

it's a Nexon game , and their employees embody the A$$  and the democrat avatar like true professionals, HAHAHA

i'm sorta agreeing with Haki88 on this one sadly. while my hopes for Arche Age NA are high , even if i could vote to positively change the Russian version, my opinion would be sorta useless, as i don't speak Russian, and thusly wouldn't have much to do with that version , let alone play it.

but going with what Doner Donater said , i do agree with what he said as well. and i wish the RU version would work out as smoothly as the NA one does, afterall , problems with one type , could be same problems we might eventually have to deal with as well. and i hope we don't have to deal with such issues @ all.

best of luck to the ru version , but i will be waiting it out for the NA/USA version.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

International press train started, first stop MMO Culture:

http://www.mmocultur...-payment-model/

Next stop:

Massively. Thanks to Dengar for the tip ^^

- Jake Song

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Next stop:

Massively. Thanks to Dengar for the tip ^^

Im wondering that takes them (Massively) so long to write the article :D.

One more thing about this system, the "gold" will have no value in an economy like this.

Haki88

Haki88

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Source please!

Maybe because we believe in humanity and social acting instead of taking care just about ourselves...

Will fake votes help? If am working in mail.ru and i see our players (russians) are collecting votes from eu/na community why would i care about that petition? Why would i care about ppl who are not russians?  Its like am making petition to remove japanese captcha, and am not japanese :P

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

This is not about fake votes, the petition is about supporting those people.

It doesn´t matter if we´re allowed to play or not, if this is our version or not.

It´s just an impression of our opinion and hopefully a sign to Trion Worlds!

- Jake Song

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Уважаемые посетители форума!
Ваша петиция была передана на рассмотрение разработчикам.
Ответ руководства вы можете прочитать здесь: http://aa.mail.ru/fo...read.php?t=8382
Закрыто.

Oh.

BreakNFaces

BreakNFaces

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Option one: in case of a F2P they could also make the various customizations to cost money (custom cape, sail, pictures for the house, shirt, car skin...) that would be fine by most of the players and it would not have effect on the economy.

But you can't give labor regeneration to F2P accounts, that would result in botfest, result in breaking the main elements of the game (everyone would be making new accounts/chars to steal staff from other players to prevent their main chars from getting crime points... and other things), there are just to many things to exploit this way :(.

I can't imagine AA to become an interesting game if it goes F2P, the key features would not work as intended, this is not a typical WoW-clone where you are camping the instances, things in AA happen in the open world, and where actions have consonances (i know they are small, but still there are).

You make good points about the free to play model, then sub it is with a system similar to EVE where trial accounts are restricted heavily and maybe a option to purchase game time with in-game currency, provides somewhat of a gold sink and keeping inflation down at the same time. As for botters even EVE has them but in the last six weeks I have played EVE I have not seen one, maybe Trion could do well by looking at their entire model and the manner in which they have dealt with botters

Kapow_zps2c1db802.png                             

I am a gamer not because I don't have a life but because I choose to have MANY

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Уважаемые посетители форума!
Ваша петиция была передана на рассмотрение разработчикам.
Ответ руководства вы можете прочитать здесь: http://aa.mail.ru/fo...read.php?t=8382
Закрыто.

Oh.

Dear visitors of the forum!
Your petition was referred to the developers.
Management response can be found here: http://aa.mail.ru/fo...read.php?t=8382
Closed.

Nice, gratz Russia  ;)