You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Results of Scott Hartsman's Live Q&A On MMORPG.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

Apoc

Apoc

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

HARTSMAN: Everyone wants the same thing, which is great: A great game that's
accessible, fair, and enjoyable to the largest number of people
possible. Truly.

Does anyone but me have a huge problem with this statement? We all know what happenes to MMOs when there geard toward the greatest comom denomanator. Could these be the changes that were talked about comming out of Korea? Will AA be turned into another one of these MMOs are were churned out for the masses? I do not like that statement from hartsman at all.

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

I was writing my walls of text when the browser crashed... not in the mood to waste another 20 minutes to write it down again...  :angry:

In short:

Zero, nothing, nada news, same old crap, empty talk, Hartsman clearly has no idea whats happening with the Korean release and just reading a summary paper which was given to him (like any other CEO).

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I was writing my walls of text when the browser crashed... not in the mood to waste another 20 minutes to write it down again...  :angry:

In short:

Zero, nothing, nada news, same old crap, empty talk, Hartsman clearly has no idea whats happening with the Korean release and just reading a summary paper which was given to him (like any other CEO).

Perfectly done.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

In short:

Bringing the topic "Botting" on the table shows more than just reading a summary. This shows some knowledge about actual problems in Korea and Japan ("Conquer" works with both versions). Maybe he´s got this prepared, but i was very impressed that he would talk about the massive botting issue and the chance of delivering their anti-bot systems to XLGAMES.

For many other points i agree with you though

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Hartsman

Hartsman

Community Newbie

• Developers
  • Pip

BEING UPDATED SEMI-LIVE

MMORPG.com managed to convince Scott Hartsman and his PR handlers to answer questions live in a special forum thread beginning at 7PM EST on October 25th, 2013. Here's a compilation of all his ArcheAge-related responses: 

To be entirely accurate, the closest thing to a "PR handler" was my dog, who was looking for attention while I was typing for 4 hours.

Looking forward to talking more. :)

- Scott

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Bringing the topic "Botting" on the table shows more than just reading a summary. This shows some knowledge about actual problems in Korea and Japan ("Conquer" works with both versions). Maybe he´s got this prepared, but i was very impressed that he would talk about the massive botting issue and the chance of delivering their anti-bot systems to XLGAMES.

For many other points i agree with you though

To me it seemed like a template answer, since it's well known in MMO's that bots are a wide spread decease, but anyways, it's nice to hear that they are taking the boting issue seriously (Kriptini was right about this :P).

Still no important statement about:

• payment system
  • alpha, cbt, planned release date
  • state of the localization
  • planned changes (westernization)

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

To be entirely accurate, the closest thing to a "PR handler" was my dog, who was looking for attention while I was typing for 4 hours.

- Scott

Could we have a confirmation picture that it's really you, lets say something like you making a wu-tang clan hand sign. Face has to be included. 

a_wutangfans.jpg

Erebus

Erebus

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I feel like I am living the swotor forums all over again. I do understand he is quite a situation, only being able to say what your allowed to. However I do feel people like us, who have a serious intrest in the game should not be held in the dark for to long. Initially it makes sense but at some point good or bad we can take it. Word of mouth is by far the most powerfull advertisment to actually be the most effective. It is people like us that are telling our friend's or some random person on a game to play AA and here is why (as we explain it to them). Thats how the community grows, that is what can make or break a game on its opening day. I alone have talked to countless gamer's on many mmo's converted them and are now anticipating this game. Many of us have increased it's popularity expanentially, haveing a direct effect on the game. So when someone say's like someone did in this forum (at least he took his time out of the day to give us something) NO! It is our time and we deserve it it is not the other way around, and we should get more insight by now period. It is not ok to dissappear for months only to get the same info you have gotten before. Then for some of us to turn around and act as if we should be ok with the crap spoon fed you and your thankfull! geez

Anyways thats my rant and take on it.

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

- Scott

Seems legit!

Welcome to the show ;)

- Jake Song

Melancholy

Melancholy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

- Scott

Is this real life?

WNxArcticWolf

WNxArcticWolf

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Is this real life?

must be.

I feel like I am living the swotor forums all over again. I do understand he is quite a situation, only being able to say what your allowed to. However I do feel people like us, who have a serious intrest in the game should not be held in the dark for to long. Initially it makes sense but at some point good or bad we can take it. Word of mouth is by far the most powerfull advertisment to actually be the most effective. It is people like us that are telling our friend's or some random person on a game to play AA and here is why (as we explain it to them). Thats how the community grows, that is what can make or break a game on its opening day. I alone have talked to countless gamer's on many mmo's converted them and are now anticipating this game. Many of us have increased it's popularity expanentially, haveing a direct effect on the game. So when someone say's like someone did in this forum (at least he took his time out of the day to give us something) NO! It is our time and we deserve it it is not the other way around, and we should get more insight by now period. It is not ok to dissappear for months only to get the same info you have gotten before. Then for some of us to turn around and act as if we should be ok with the crap spoon fed you and your thankfull! geez

Anyways thats my rant and take on it.

Well he said also in a few weeks time he will or his team will be posting on fansites. so be thankful for that. he always could of turn around and said no we be keeping it quite. and sorry but how was it your time he spent replying to us. far as i know mmorpg.com set that Q&A thing up.  now if this fansite by the admin of this site  set it up then yes i could see where you coming saying it is our time.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

must be.

Well he said also in a few weeks time he will or his team will be posting on fansites. so be thankful for that. he always could of turn around and said no we be keeping it quite. and sorry but how was it your time he spent replying to us. far as i know mmorpg.com set that Q&A thing up.  now if this fansite by the admin of this site  set it up then yes i could see where you coming saying it is our time.

Maybe one day we'll be big enough to get four hour long Q&A sessions with CEOs of videogame companies.

Maybe one day I'll have a job in the videogame industry.

Let's see which one happens first. :P

- Scott

This might be a legit comment, but the email address isn't @trionworlds.com so I'm a little skeptical.

Xaine Salvatore

Xaine Salvatore

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
I do feel sorry for Scott, it seems like XL are very much calling the shots here and the longer they dick around, the more it's going to hurt Trion.

AA is not a new game. It was in beta for a very long time and had already been out for a good while. If it doesn't focus on its sandbox elements and sticks to themepark stuff, it's going to get mobbed by Wildstar and ESO.

The way I see it, the only chance it has of holding a market share is to become more of a sandbox, as there are no AAA sandboxes out there apart from Eve, and I don't really see the players crossing over from there.

PvP that matters, conquest, social tools. Sandbox features. The more of a sandbox it becomes, the longer it will last.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Wait, does that mean the CEO has made as many posts here as the CM? -_-

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Oh wow, Hartsman made an account on here? Hopefully this means SOMETHING ... I've had enough meaningless PR stunts now.

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

WNxArcticWolf

WNxArcticWolf

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

well he did say that he is getting more involed with fansites now. so if he made an account on here. then his true to his word. and in a few weeks time we will be hearing news.

Maybe one day we'll be big enough to get four hour long Q&A sessions with CEOs of videogame companies.

Maybe one day I'll have a job in the videogame industry.

Let's see which one happens first. :P

This might be a legit comment, but the email address isn't @trionworlds.com so I'm a little skeptical.

i am sure that could be  look at there support email address https://support.trio...WQvQ1Qxb0xRRGw=

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Oh wow, Hartsman made an account on here? Hopefully this means SOMETHING ... I've had enough meaningless PR stunts now.

That doesn't means anything, if you remember dahanese made an account as well in august, to make a post, and didn't log in ever again.

Also we still can't confirm that it's the real Hartsmen behind that account.

krogger

krogger

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

That doesn't means anything, if you remember dahanese made an account as well in august, to make a post, and didn't log in ever again.

Also we still can't confirm that it's the real Hartsmen behind that account.

we all know in our hearts its a fake , as if his first post here would be just that lol. and yea the dahanese thing is a prime example.

wickedsig.png

Leader of Wicked

www.wickedonline.net

We are Recruiting Dedicated 

NA players and any other 

planning to play on NA servers!

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Admin, has this new "Hartsman" reached out to you?

"We need to enhance our security..."

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I wonder that nobody mentioned this quote:

We don't currently have any blanket gameplay requests specific to our locales. If there ever were any, it would result based on playtesting
with western players playing the game, on our service

[sarcasm on]
This basically means that all you guys playing ArcheAge in Korea/Japan and soon in Russia/China don´t need to write any reviews or send in proposals or petitions. Trion doesn´t want them.

They will work on the game and of course take feedback from you, but only on their servers under their conditions. They´ll take feedback from you but without you including the part "from my experience while playing in [enter region here]".

In short: Trion gives a §$%& about your so-called "ArcheAge gaming experience in [enter region here]" ;)

[sarcasm off]

- Jake Song