You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Results of Scott Hartsman's Live Q&A On MMORPG.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I wonder that nobody mentioned this quote:

[sarcasm on]
This basically means that all you guys playing ArcheAge in Korea/Japan and soon in Russia/China don´t need to write any reviews or send in proposals or petitions. Trion doesn´t want them.

They will work on the game and of course take feedback from you, but only on their servers under their conditions. They´ll take feedback from you but without you including the part "from my experience while playing in [enter region here]".

In short: Trion gives a §$%& about your so-called "ArcheAge gaming experience in [enter region here]" ;)

[sarcasm off]

Thats amazing dont you think so?

But anyway, since when Trions cares about feedbacks of ArcheAge?

Steveleeb

Steveleeb

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
I agree with the post Erebus made. I don't mean to be disrespectful to Scott but Erebus is right. Trion need US to make money. We shouldn't have to pull teeth to get some damn information about ArcheAge.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

I agree with the post Erebus made. I don't mean to be disrespectful to Scott but Erebus is right. Trion need US to make money. We shouldn't have to pull teeth to get some damn information about ArcheAge.

Just wait until they have their own official forums. They'll have even less of a reason to direct people here and they'll attribute even more meaning and importance to posts on their forums instead of fan ones. We all know which forums attract which kinds of people: official forums are for complaints and fluffy discussions closely watched by paid moderators at a company like the one I work for (Lithium).

I think the most valuable statistical information will come from the demographics ArcheAge fansites attract, but I'm pretty sure the business development and market research folks at Trion see things differently than I do.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

well he did say that he is getting more involed with fansites now. so if he made an account on here. then his true to his word. and in a few weeks time we will be hearing news.

i am sure that could be  look at there support email address https://support.trio...WQvQ1Qxb0xRRGw=

The support email address is @trionworlds.com. This Hartsman account email is not @trionworlds.com. I don't think that means much one way or another. What matters is the business cards I hold for Trion employees that all have emails ending in @trionworlds.com.

Admin, has this new "Hartsman" reached out to you?

No private message. I got a small response from a twitter account I think is his, but it was to the @ArcheAge_Online twitter account, not my personal @mark_wilhelm one. No email to me either, though I've sent letters and my personal portfolio along with survey results to Trion twice now. They probably got filed away and forgotten about.

I'd love to have a personal contact line to the CEO of a major videogame company, but I doubt it would happen.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Could we have a confirmation picture that it's really you, lets say something like you making a wu-tang clan hand sign. Face has to be included.

He mentioned his dog. There's a very good chance it's him.

Tais

Tais

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

If it was him, surely there would be an easy way for him to confirm it (email to the admin from his Trion account, for example).

Lacking that... fake.

Posted Image

Hartsman

Hartsman

Community Newbie

• Developers
  • Pip

https://twitter.com/...632588951695361

Hi - Haven't been browsing anything since yesterday.  Promise it's me. Crosslinking the twitter reply. Agree that healthy skepticism is pretty much a necessity.

Hartsman

Hartsman

Community Newbie

• Developers
  • Pip

I'd love to have a personal contact line to the CEO of a major videogame company, but I doubt it would happen.

Drop me a line any time. You have my email.  :)

Safe to assume that since rejoining Trion, I've had to spend 80% of my life on the business side of the business and 20% on the parts I actually enjoy (the games). 

That just flipped around to the far better order (20% business, 80% games) in the past week, which is a lot closer to where I hope to keep it.

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well if it is really you Mr. Harstman, welcome to the community !

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Welcome Scott! We've been looking forward to this for a long time and hope that things get better.

"We need to enhance our security..."

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

So in the last pages I have seen a CEO from a publishing company posting, and Fido using sarcasm and being negative.... WOW!

I think I have seen everything now, I can die in peace.

bonanzaguy

bonanzaguy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

He mentioned his dog. There's a very good chance it's him.

If his dog is known enough to serve as evidence that it's him, it's known enough to be used as "evidence" by someone masquerading as him.

It's kind of like someone posting "Hi this is Freddie Mercury from Queen" and believing it's really him because he said he was in the band Queen.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

If his dog is known enough to serve as evidence that it's him, it's known enough to be used as "evidence" by someone masquerading as him.

It's kind of like someone posting "Hi this is Freddie Mercury from Queen" and believing it's really him because he said he was in the band Queen.

You could always have Kriptini "Authenticate" for you. ;)

"We need to enhance our security..."

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

https://twitter.com/...632588951695361

Hi - Haven't been browsing anything since yesterday.  Promise it's me. Crosslinking the twitter reply. Agree that healthy skepticism is pretty much a necessity.

:o cool, good to know.

Welcome :)

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Drop me a line any time. You have my email.  :)

Safe to assume that since rejoining Trion, I've had to spend 80% of my life on the business side of the business and 20% on the parts I actually enjoy (the games). 

That just flipped around to the far better order (20% business, 80% games) in the past week, which is a lot closer to where I hope to keep it.

There was no evidence needed, i know the good "Hartsmanstyle" since your old days at SOE. Even though i´m not a native english-speaker. Left you a private message with something completely different ;)

So in the last pages I have seen a CEO from a publishing company posting, and Fido using sarcasm and being negative.... WOW!

I think I have seen everything now, I can die in peace.

Not yet, Amae, there are so many worlds to be explored ... and bricks to be shat ^^

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Maybe Fido isn't as sweet and innocent as he makes everyone out to beleive... :P

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Maybe Fido isn't as sweet and innocent as he makes everyone out to beleive... :P

Nobody is always "sweet and innocent", sometimes you have to make some bad decisions that turn out for something even better in the end - to say it in developer talk.

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

Reorks

Reorks

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Don't agree with various parts,those that let me expect the payment model will be f2p,precisely.

Don't really like the idea to aim at huge crowds knowingly im not an economist but a player that has rather high expectations.

But i guess i'll have to wait for have this cleared.

Anyway welcome to Scott Hartsman,can you uninstall kriptini now? he does a terrible job for your company image. :D

If I should fall to rise no more,
As many comrades did before,
Then ask the fifes and drums to play.
Over the hills and far away.
To fall in lads behind the drum,
With colours blazing like the sun.
Along the road to come-what may.
Over the hills and far away.

Kiirito

Kiirito

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Welcome Scott !

Looking forward to some news directly from you

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Too bad your point is irrelevant because I was right lol.

(Sorry if this sounded rude.)