Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I need Something to Hold Me Over

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Shiroe

Shiroe

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Hey guys,

Can anyone suggest a good sandbox or sandpark MMO with a decent caster support class? Something with buffs/CCs/debuffs and the like would be nice. Don't suggest WoW, we're not going there. I've also played SWTOR and RIFT already, and don't really care. Neverwinter was alright for a time, but even that is just kinda dull because of the shenanigans behind Perfect World Entertainment's pay to win system behind their games.

Yeah, I know I'm asking for something that probably doesn't exist, but thanks for the help!

-Shiroe

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

https://www.vanguardthegame.com/

"We need to enhance our security..."

Shiroe

Shiroe

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Thank you, I'll look into it. Are there any others that you would recommend?

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Not that meet your criteria.

Shiroe

Shiroe

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Seems like I'm going back to play Rift with a friend. Decided to reroll from Storm-mage to bard. Should hopefully tide me over for a while.

Melancholy

Melancholy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

You ask for sandbox games and name wow, rift, swtor and neverwinter in the same post? You are really sure you know what a sandbox mmorpg is? You know that a true sandbox mmorpg actually should not even have predefined classes?

If you truly want a sandbox mmorpg, you might take a look at games like Xsyon, Mortal Online, Ultima Online, Wurm Online, Darkfall: Unholy Wars or EVE Online. 

If you're just looking for a kinda refreshing mmorpg experience I'd highly recommend playing The Secret World. Not a sandbox but a unique and excellent game.

Cheers!

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

You ask for sandbox games and name wow, rift, swtor and neverwinter in the same post? You are really sure you know what a sandbox mmorpg is? You know that a true sandbox mmorpg actually should not even have predefined classes?

You might have misread the OP. To me it sounded like the OP was justifying why they wanted a sandbox or sandpark.

Shiroe

Shiroe

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

You might have misread the OP. To me it sounded like the OP was justifying why they wanted a sandbox or sandpark.

Most certainly this.

I have played Eve Online (For quite a few months), but it's turned into the "Log on, check wars, check skills, go Pew Pew people in a Curse (Well, more like support the PewPewing)...etc". It's fun, but its getting old. I would love a fantasy sandbox/sandpark. Themparks are just getting old IMHO, I want something that lets me explore at my own pace. Ultima Online is good, brings back some memories, but is becoming outdated, and showing it. Darkfall...meh. Its ok, but doesn't go the extra mile to actually involve anyone anywhere.

Secret World I'm actually enjoying, so I'll probably use it and Rift for a while. Illuminati ftw.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I wish Vanguard wasn't such a massive train wreck, I was really looking forward to that one. Then it came out.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
In its current state, it's as playable as any other game on the market. There are a few slight annoyances that crop up but that happens in any game. It will never be 100% bug free due to its mutated engine and heavy code, but it's hands down better than most of what's out there.

Dailato

Dailato

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
havr you guys checked out Shroud of the Avatar (by lord british) and/or Life is Feudal? they both have sandbox setups, and are looking very promissing. Mentioning it in this post cause the alpha/beta for these games are are scheduled for next month and you can get in by pledging (live game included).

Something a bit less mmo like, but interesting is Stonehearth, also going into beta next month.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I kickstarted SotA because I want Gariott to go to the moon one day.

Daemoneyes

Daemoneyes

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

havr you guys checked out Shroud of the Avatar (by lord british) and/or Life is Feudal? they both have sandbox setups, and are looking very promissing. Mentioning it in this post cause the alpha/beta for these games are are scheduled for next month and you can get in by pledging (live game included).

Something a bit less mmo like, but interesting is Stonehearth, also going into beta next month.

Life is Feudal looks really promising, i just hope they get enough money to finish it because their campaign on indigogo doesnt run that well. 

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
I wanted to back SotA, but the pledge levels and prices just look a cash-grabby to me. Player housing is a big draw for me but the bar for getting anything that looks decent seems a little high. I've been keeping an eye on it, hoping they'll expand the housing out and make it a bit more inclusive.

While I'm not holding my breath, I'm also waiting to see what Brad McQuaid has up his sleeve and whether he is smart enough to put someone else in charge of the money.