Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Real Talk: 1.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
257 replies to this topic

Ultimoos

Ultimoos

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

XLGAMES made those changes out of greed. No words will go through people like that. You can only talk to them through money. Company ruled by sales department has to FEEL drop in income in order to make them actually listen. If you keep throwing money at them even through you don't like what you get for it, nothing will ever change for better. They might actually even make things worse.

I just hope that Trion in case of AA will actually listen to players, not they sales department. 

Astor

Astor

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well, after reading the OP (ty for posting that btw), i'm much less enthused about this game.  If Trion brings that crap into their release, i'm definitely going to pass on this game.  I've been excited about this game for years, and to see it fall apart in the home stretch is just sickening.

Zev

Zev

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well, after reading the OP (ty for posting that btw), i'm much less enthused about this game. If Trion brings that crap into their release, i'm definitely going to pass on this game. I've been excited about this game for years, and to see it fall apart in the home stretch is just sickening.

I have a feeling trion will bring us all the good from 1.0 and none of the bad

Itaremustbedangeres

Itaremustbedangeres

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I have a feeling trion will bring us all the good from 1.0 and none of the bad

OPPOSITE DAY

would be awesome though if they really did.

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Trion killed their unborn baby? Sounds correct.

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

All the good games came out 10-15 years ago.  Gamers like me that got to enjoy them know what REAL MMO enjoyment was.  

It is very very sad to hear whats happening to KR game, I can only continue to play RU and hope it stays the way it is if NA is to be severely dumbed down to children of WoW parents.

The experiences I have had in RU beta so far are incredible.  You do not find those experiences in todays games anymore.  This new generation of MMO Players have severely caused Game Developers to just make a product that is "massively bought and sustained only because there is nothing else available at this time" rather then for what the game is actually worth.

For people like me, it is just more and more motivation to continue studying and staying in college for Game Design so I can hope to break that stupid mold of crap that has infected the minds of gamers now.

I am totally saluting the OP for his contribution to this community.  I was not one of the people who have followed this game for years, I am a recent fan, but I can imagine how he feels.   Kudos to you man

ienBipi.jpg

Signature done by SureikaN

Formerly known as "Malak" from R30's, Sin, Blackguard

Lv50 Liberator Spear/Sheild (Battlerage / Archery / Defense) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Lv30 Shadowblade DualWeild (Battlerage / Shadowplay / Witchcraft) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Post something here sureikan when you develop a game. I'd be interested even in a simple mobile game lol

Astor

Astor

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Post something here sureikan when you develop a game. I'd be interested even in a simple mobile game lol

Considering how many of today's games are either forced into f2p or completely fail shortly after launch, i'd say he's fairly accurate in his assumptions.  /shrug

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Eh, I enjoy F2P models more than subscription ones. I'm able to play with more friends and as long as the cash shop isn't too P2W, then I'm happy.

Valve is fucking persuasive:

majormokri

majormokri

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

guys i don't even understand why you are arguing with  a single troll that obviously did not give a try to the 1.0 version. 

I personally did not try that version, but just from the patchnotes, it is clear that it kills the only asset that makes archeage stand out from other mmos: the liberty! the liberty to go farm, to kill, to steal, or to go fuck yourself in a prison cell!

obviously, if the sandbox part of the game is removed, there are a lot of mmorpgs out there that are better than a themparked archeage

majormokri

majormokri

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

and btw, to all the players that want to turn our beloved sandbox into a lifeless themepark, i say :

MAD cause BAD, you don't want the hardcore pvp, you go somewhere else

808230funnypicdump654640high50.jpg

reddie

reddie

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

i never played this game but i wanted to play i just dont bother with KR/RU

the thing is nowadays people want to have games easy mode i always said, WoW was biggest plague ever to mmo's they created easy mode mmo and people liked it while the people who came from the "hardcore" grind mmo's and with open world mass pvp didnt like it..

we arent the majority anymore and we have to face it that majority likes grinding their ass off in instance where no1 can bother them

or doing some stupid daily quest 100 times..

i hate questing any quest daily or single i just wanna go where i wanna go, i enjoy grinding for hours mindless.

but hey whos still like me? i tried so many mmo's to leave lineage 2 but i always go back to lineage 2 cus every mmo nowadays turns into a shitty hide in instance to gear up.

like i said i never played archeage but by reading this i dunno if i still want to try the game, i just want the good old grind back and do whatever u wanna do not being forced to do darn dailys or instances to aquire gear..

Ruse

Ruse

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Has there been any response from Trion on this other than that "I haven't tried it yet" tweet?

archeagefurniture.com | furniture gallery, housing guides

Kizaru

Kizaru

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

So, is Trion willing to change some things to return this to a proper sandbox, or am I forever stuck with L2 Interlude private servers?

koawhkaine

koawhkaine

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

carebears and sociopaths.

Sociopaths are <1% of the gaming population(statistic i made up). Carebears rule the landscape, their grievances are heard by customer service, and customer service drives accounting department, and accounting department drives design/dev/etc. 

Even if the product starts off as an innovation, all brand integrity is quickly compromised/lost/discarded for money. I have zero expectation that AA will have anything "challenging" in the game, like the likelihood of PVP in your daily experience while playing.

Sorry, but like the email i sent to Hartsman, the world doesnt need another piece of shit MMO, we have plenty.

log.png

RISE GUILD | KOAWHKAINE ON TWITCH | KOAWHKAINE ON YOUTUBE | QUESTING | MAPS

POWER LEVELING | PVP | BOATS | INSTANCES | DONKEY | SCARECROW | SMALL BABIES | GUILD APPLICATION

ZNICK

ZNICK

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I am one who forked out $150 to play this game... and these changes make me feel I may have made the wrong decision. I paid the money to HAVE a grind. I paid the money so as NOT to have dailies and the ho-hum predictable crap found in other games... I paid the money to HAVE a risk, a challenge, and to play a game that "I" make, without rails or anyone telling me the next step to take.

If these changes come to the US, I will be gone before release... and until I read this post I had planned to play (and pay!) for years to come.

Trion. Please. Give us the game at release that it is today, don't sell out and make this another WoW clone.

If there is one daily in this game, I'm gone. I will NOT play a game that forces me to repeat content every time I login. No.

Z

Luxeraph

Luxeraph

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Did you read the OP? Have you seen Trion latest statements? Also I'm sure if you are playing you must had stumble upon a daily or two.

Also just like it has been said ad nauseam, you're not forced to do shit(well maybe pvp but thats only if you step outside safe zones), just do whatever you feel like.

Lily

Lily

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I will be gone before release... 

Bye