ArcheAge isn't about following a defined path, it's about creating a world by choosing the things that matter to you.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Real Talk: 1.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
257 replies to this topic

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Wow... After all of the waiting, this is what we have to look forward too?

Thank you Fido for the video's you have done. You are ultimately responsible for me finding ArcheAge in the first place when I stumbled across one of your first English video's. I really thought that it was high time that someone made this type of game. Now, it seems that we'll all be back to the waiting game to see if Camelot Unchained, Shroud of the Avatar, Pantheon or someone else will even try to make the games that we all want to play.

I had said long ago that I felt that something else was going on behind Trion's silence and I too may end up owing them an apology as this all seems to make sense now.

"We need to enhance our security..."

Fido

Fido

Döner Dönater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Honestly the Last great Sandbox other then Eve was SWG Pre NGE.... As has been proven by a large follow base on this sight alone. There is a large un tapped market of guys like me, waiting for the next UO/SWG.Does Trion have any plans to investigate this genre and market in the future?

- Yes - That's a lot of why we wanted to bring ArcheAge here. -Scott Hartsman

http://www.mmorpg.co...6002910#6002910

Now it´s up to Scott, i guess...

Let´s Play Archeage - The German Archeage Video Magazine

The German Archeage Knowledge Base v2.0

The German Archeage Crop Report v2.0

"After resigning NCsoft I just chilled at home and my wife did not like it.
One day she said 'go out and play.' So I founded XLGAMES in order to
escape from the grouchiness of my wife and to separate my gamer life
from my wife. And I played World of Warcraft all day at the office"
- Jake Song

shifue

shifue

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

honestly i hope this gets changed cause as of right now there is not much else out there i know it was never a full sandbox but this shift is not good.lets hope all of us in the west russia china and japan can work with the korean protest and get it turned around.

Positron

Positron

Community Member

• Validating
  • PipPip

206.jpg

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Repuation? Seriously? in a PvP game?  - i'd believed it if you said it about an RP server.

With out Russian players ( They love PvP MMO's - almost every PvP guild i looked at  had played L2 or is still playing it, and Aion), and in the pre-1.0 state of the game, most would have played it for few month and dropped it. 

I can see Trion feedback must have had an impact on the 1.0 patch - Daily quests and 40/60 changes - that something  NA/EU players would welcome.

In what other game would you have a reputation if not in a PvP game?

Also, your second sentence makes no sense. What were you trying to say there?

And yeah, destroying the Open World is definitely people would be welcoming, because we don't have enough of that right now, right? :P

Also, thanks to Dengel from ArcheAge-Online.de. The new LP pots in action:

AK.jpg

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

shifue

shifue

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Repuation? Seriously? in a PvP game?  - i'd believed it if you said it about an RP server.

206.jpg

With out Russian players ( They love PvP MMO's - almost every PvP guild i looked at  had played L2 or is still playing it, and Aion), and in the pre-1.0 state of the game, most would have played it for few month and dropped it. 

I can see Trion feedback must have had an impact on the 1.0 patch - Daily quests and 40/60 changes - that something  NA/EU players would welcome.

This is one na player that does not want it honestly i am tried of running daily quest i want different ways of making my way through it sounds like they killed trade routes which are kinda dailies if you look at it but atleast there was more adventure there.Honestly i like the fact of getting on a ship with massive amounts of trade packs and taking it to a island for a big hull of money so i dont have to spend all my time runing crap every day i play.They need to start taping the sandbox players and get out of the themepark that area is flooded enough.

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

@Gamby - Not sure if you just need your ego fed or like to feel important but your posts are completely ridiculous. I have never seen a new member with seemingly very little experience with the game, seem to focused on arguing with those whom have been here all along and have far more knowledge and experience with the game than you seem to.

It is painfully obvious to me that you are very much a themepark player and would love nothing more that AA to turnin into your next F2p wow clone. I would LOVE to know how long you have been playing and what level you are. Plus it seems as though you want nothing more to argue about 1.0 but havent had any experience with it whatsoever and feel the need to argue with those who have.

Maybe you can pull this crap on other boards with those who are clueless but GL pulling that here......

shifue

shifue

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

You say they killed trade routes? Why, because keksX said so? Or did you read it somewhere? - they are lieing.

The real reason keksX is upset because he wanted to make a Pirate faction - where he earnes Delfi Coins by stealing packs from others. 1.0 patch killed 100% of his plans.

Trade routes would not be effected, by 1.0 patch - because now you can make Gold or Crafting Materials from packs instead of Delphi Coins - which would make players richer then befor ( because befor they would trade packs for Delphi Coins instead of Gold).

Daily - i don't know what kind of quests would this Daily be ( PvE, PvP or Managing your farm) - but if they are not bound to Account, you can put your Alts to work - and who knows, maybe you'll make even more Delfi Coins this way then pre -1.0  

The overall idea of bounding Delphi to daily quests is to reduce the speed at which guilds gain Items from Delphi Coins - Like a guild creates 100 packs and brings them to the Liberty Island and 1 players turns in and get 300 Dephi Coins - So on a 2nd week after start you can see guilds with 1k+ players already having Big Ships - and pwning guys in Boats and Katamarans. - So gaining Delphi through Daily quests This is a good change. It would give medium and small guilds a chance to survive at the start.

i see what your getting at(if this is the case) hence the reason it's good to get other peoples point of view but i'll say my worry still mainly lies in how much the game is getting throttled in open world

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

You say they killed trade routes? Why, because keksX said so? Or did you read it somewhere? - they are lieing.

The real reason keksX is upset because he wanted to make a Pirate faction - where he earnes Delfi Coins by stealing packs from others. 1.0 patch killed 100% of his plans.

Trade routes would not be effected, by 1.0 patch - because now you can make Gold or Crafting Materials from packs instead of Delphi Coins - which would make players richer then befor ( because befor they would trade packs for Delphi Coins instead of Gold).

Daily - i don't know what kind of quests would this Daily be ( PvE, PvP or Managing your farm) - but if they are not bound to Account, you can put your Alts to work - and who knows, maybe you'll make even more Delfi Coins this way then pre -1.0  

The overall idea of bounding Delphi to daily quests is to reduce the speed at which guilds gain Items from Delphi Coins - Like a guild creates 100 packs and brings them to the Liberty Island and 1 players turns in and get 300 Dephi Coins - So on a 2nd week after start you can see guilds with 1k+ players already having Big Ships - and pwning guys in Boats and Katamarans. - This is a good change. It would give medium and small guilds a chance to survive at the start.

You just can't see the clear picture since you don't have experience with the game, or you are just another of the themepark casuals.

The most valuable currency is now only obtainable from doing dailies, aka grinding instances, and it's constant amount per day. Before there was a "risk vs reward" involved in getting this currency, now it's just a "reward". Trade routes have been simplified and the risk factor was also removed from them. Crafting became harder, but now in order to craft 44+ set items you need these coins from the dailies (a lot of them), so you can only craft a certain number of items per day, and ofc the RNG will fuck you over and you will never reach T1++ item sets, so those who got their before this patch T2-3 items are going to rule over the rest. I could tell a lot more examples for these changes...

Saying that you like the 1.0 equals that you hate sandbox part of the game.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Daily quests and 40/60 changes - that something  NA/EU players would welcome.

Exactly what planet are you from? Dailies are the LAST thing that I am looking for in a new game. I really don't think that. You have a grasp of what ArcheAge was when originally developed.

Shrapn3ls

Shrapn3ls

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Don't feed the blind troll

Piratopia - Backstab us, meet the Kraken!

Piratopia

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

As i said befor to you. You and your " I hate 1.0 patch " group, can go troll some other forums. You quit AA. Time to move on.

I quite think that you have this backwards, much as everything else...

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

To hell with that, throw every ounce of his bullshit right back at him!

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

WoW, LOTRO, Rift, SWTOR and lots of other western MMO's have daily quests - try not to be such an idealist and think every one has the same taste as you.

That's hilarious! Us 'idealists' are the one that do NOT want the same WoW TRASH that AA is being turned into.

shifue

shifue

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

WoW, LOTRO, Rift, SWTOR and lots of other western MMO's have daily quests - try not to be such an idealist and think every one has the same taste as you.

All of those mmo you list are themepark style mmo not sandbox styled hence the reason many of us have been waiting on archeage so we can get away from those.I mean honestly the only themepark style one that has my attention right now is wildstar just because of it's gameplay and humor but i worry down the line that there will be nothing left when i have raided all the dungeons and rode the rides yes it has faction pvp but how long will that last?Wildstar is basically the same thing as rift just different makers and theme that is all.AA was made to be a sandpark more sand then themepark but now it seems to be going to themepark i'd rather pick my own path then be forced to do certain things to excel cause it's the only way.

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Is it too hard to ask for a serious Pirate faction? The threat of having pirates raid you and your buddies boat at any time was the main thrill I was seeking in AA. I hope future updates allow for more hardcore PvP environments.

Anyone can play the friendly WoW/RIFT MMO, but how many MMO's are out there with pirating in player-built ships and clans? This was the real treasure of AA, pirating and PvP. Not instances and dailies...  

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I just think Gamby is a pure troll enjoying pissing us off in a time when most of us are already very upset.

Not sure if he has a point beside a goal to irritate us more.

Gamby, your forums are here,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

CYA!

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The sole purpose of daily quests is to give people a reason they feel 'compelled' to log in as often as possible in order to do them, in WoW you needed to do them to get reputation, in guild wars 2 you have achievements that get you a currency needed to buy some items. It is basically filler to make you invest time doing something usually boring and pointless, the end result is that you feel like you are 'invested' in it even though you are just repeating tedious tasks. They were born out of a need to keep people logging in while and renewing subscriptions, not for fun. Try to understand the cynical reality of why these things exist.

Haki88

Haki88

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I hate daily quests...

shifue

shifue

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Is it too hard to ask for a serious Pirate faction? The threat of having pirates raid you and your buddies boat at any time was the main thrill I was seeking in AA. I hope future updates allow for more hardcore PvP environments.

Anyone can play the friendly WoW/RIFT MMO, but how many MMO's are out there with pirating in player-built ships and clans? This was the real treasure of AA, pirating and PvP. Not instances and dailies...  

Agreed honestly i hope they turn the ordeal with the pirates around and make them worth while same with pvp i love to fight and have huge battles so far it's sounding like something that hit the wayside with these "safe zones"