There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

All that we know about ArcheAge

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Void_Shark

Void_Shark

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

The first post does need to be updated again, probably, since CBT3 gave us some new info. I don't really feel like doing it, though. :l

But you HAVE TO >:(

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
Someone has to get around to remaking it using latest info, that is true.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Averrie

Averrie

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Going to semi-necro this one too. Heh.

Does anyone know the name of the world we will be inhabiting?
Posted Image

Eligor

Eligor

Has no idea who Miura is...

• Super Moderators
The world of Archeage. That's pretty much the name for it, I believe.
Let's all pretend there's something really important written here...

Averrie

Averrie

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Meh. That is kinda lame. xD
Posted Image

Mithur

Mithur

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well... I look at it this way: American publishers want to publish games that sell big. Not saying this will not, but I have a feeling it is going to be a niche market as it breaks the mold of forced feed easy mode american gameplay. I might add, this is a mold I seriously want broken; I just do not see it happening.

XL games wants an american publisher, this is true. However, how far are they willing to go to get the game out in the western market? Self Publish? That is my biggest fear for this game. No american company wants to publish a game that breaks a sure bet.

Do not get me wrong, I want this game. I want it so bad, I am almost willing to learn Korean and move to Seoul.

I don't know about american publishers; but I do know about EU trends.

Here, in players and reviewers, a heavy trend returning to sandboxing is coming. It's very strong, by now.

This have something to do with the exaustion of WoW, and the fact that there is no new MMORPG taking that niche... because is a dead niche. The old WoW-players have many problems with new WoW-clones (See Rift or SWTOR), not just by the games per se, just because they don't want to play the same again other six years.

The themepark trend is at an end, and even if big publishers can't risk in this, will be lesser publishers that will.

I don't know if the MMORPG in US is ready for this kind of game; in EU sure it is. True is that most of EU-produced MMORPG have been sandboxes, or at least, have a big-sandbox component, so the themepark thing in EU is more imported than natural for us. Hell, Ryzom is a French sandbox that has lived since 2004 from EU players, not being F2P until 2009...

BloodSorrow

BloodSorrow

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Well said!
Dog.DontSnatch.

Zappygun

Zappygun

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

The themepark trend is at an end, and even if big publishers can't risk in this, will be lesser publishers that will.

And it will be the lesser publishers that grow big because of it. The big ones are too old, too stuck in their 'don't take risks' thinking. Ironically enough, it was by taking risks that they grew, and it is by taking risks that the smaller publishers will grow as well, and replace their predecessors. The big publishers are snakes biting their own tails now, and as we all know: it's just the cycle of life.

In my opinion, there is more certainty than risk about this game at this point, and it doesn't matter how they accomplish it, I'm sure they'll find a publisher who'll help make this game a huge success.

But then again, I've learnt by now that making assumptions concerning humans is always a mistake. But no matter how future treats us, I'm going to play this game, no matter what.

aasourcesig.png

Quote of the... erm... timespan:
ArcheAge is not about following a defined path to a defined goal, it's about getting killed on the way there.

-Quak0r, 2 April 2013

bilbonbon

bilbonbon

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I hope it won't take too long and be released soon in Europe/NA before 2013 ^_^
I love that game.

Zappygun

Zappygun

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I hope it won't take too long and be released soon in Europe/NA before 2013 ^_^
I love that game.

I agree, and wish it would be released tomorrow (completely finished, of course), but it's very unlikely that AA will be released or even enter CBT stages in EU/NA before 2013 (well, perhaps CBT in September at its earliest, but they'll have to find a publisher very quickly if that were to happen). Personal speculations would be that it'll see full global release somewhere around late summer 2013 (halfway through August or so).

aasourcesig.png

Quote of the... erm... timespan:
ArcheAge is not about following a defined path to a defined goal, it's about getting killed on the way there.

-Quak0r, 2 April 2013

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Thx u Rom for translating and creating a very informative thread.

But I think some material has been updated?

"Skills -
Combat - Close combat
Witchcraft - Debuffs, Crowd control.
Invincibility - Tanks skills, all for defense and survivability.
Will - Magical damage, magic defence, opening portals.
Necromancy - Necromancer. Period.
Wild nature - Ranger, taming skills.
Magic - Magic.
Assasin - Burst damage pvp build.
Romance - Buffs (you sing, you play)
Love - Heal and resurrect allies."

Click Here for possible skill name changes.

Cavarath

Cavarath

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
All of this is totally outdated. The sticky should be removed. For real information read this:
http://archeagesourc...sive-game-info/
"Recent results of scientific research have shown that the wish of a person to get a ArcheAge beta key is the bigger the lower the post count." - Veryintelligent Person

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Oh why thank you good sir :lol:

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Cav's right. Unstickying this for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic