XLGAMES' first creation was a racing MMO called XL1.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PvP warrior 2h?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

Himmli

Himmli

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

hey Tillaz I am a little noobie with 38 lv but still trying out your build, could you tell me how do you fight archers/mages? On a war there was a necromancer with 41~ lv who just put ravens on me and then some strange spell that made me unable to move, how to dodge this stuff? and how does it work when you get ganked by someone? I usually get shoot in my back by some archers then am pretty slowed and they just pew pew me and dash away when I teleport to them :/

@up

on rus you see that earthquake is also giving you speed boost

Tillaz

Tillaz

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

you have to be really careful in pvp, if its 1v1 you just need to stunlock them and burst them down, if its group you just need to be careful and just try and pick off low hp people or try and take out people separated from their group unless you have some really good support.

wRje3WM.jpg

Korea: Level 55 Battle Mage (마법/철벽/환술) | 폭주 | 안탈론

Pictures from my Archeage adventure | Cross Guild Event

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

hey Tillaz I am a little noobie with 38 lv but still trying out your build, could you tell me how do you fight archers/mages? On a war there was a necromancer with 41~ lv who just put ravens on me and then some strange spell that made me unable to move, how to dodge this stuff? and how does it work when you get ganked by someone? I usually get shoot in my back by some archers then am pretty slowed and they just pew pew me and dash away when I teleport to them :/

@up

on rus you see that earthquake is also giving you speed boost

U need Break Chains and Rage to fight Necros.  Ill make you a build that still uses those 3 classes and you should see a lot better performance vs Berserkers (assault - stealth - necro )

EDIT:  www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011111011000000113011011011001010070110010110100000

Energy Wave is probably my new FOTM skill.  It is severely hidden OP for gap closing.  If you play league of legends, it is basically Galios W

ienBipi.jpg

Signature done by SureikaN

Formerly known as "Malak" from R30's, Sin, Blackguard

Lv50 Liberator Spear/Sheild (Battlerage / Archery / Defense) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Lv30 Shadowblade DualWeild (Battlerage / Shadowplay / Witchcraft) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Himmli

Himmli

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

what means stunlock? I got the leap and I put them on earth, then I got the stunning leap from finese and thats all?

edit: www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011011000113101111100100100070110010010100000

I made this, Im not sure how ill put all these skill on my keyboard... is this a good build? I like to use melee weapon only, heavy set vs archers and giant sword vs mages.

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

what means stunlock? I got the leap and I put them on earth, then I got the stunning leap from finese and thats all?

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110001011000113101111100100100070110010010100000

I made this, Im not sure how ill put all these skill on my keyboard... is this a good build? I like to use melee weapon only, heavy set vs archers and giant sword vs mages.

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110001011000113101111011001100070110010010100000

i modified your build to what I would use if i still played Politician.  I just do not like it anymore, found something way better

ienBipi.jpg

Lv50 Liberator Spear/Sheild (Battlerage / Archery / Defense) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Lv30 Shadowblade DualWeild (Battlerage / Shadowplay / Witchcraft) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Himmli

Himmli

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

hey but I like meditation :P The skill maker was making some trouble, can I get theft and breaking chains or is strong will and unbeatable better?

Himmli

Himmli

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

what are good combos for bursting or in some situations? I usually jump on people with blink/rush, get them down and cast earthquake+whirlwind then I plunge on them for the stun and get behind them to cast phantomblow. most of times I just get one shot by one or two the enemy skills before I even get close to them... :/

Ajaz

Ajaz

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
I have followed this thread alot but just cant get myself going stealth/assult/resistance as it feels to much like a fotm build and to much played , am i wrong?

I dont focus much on 1v1 but mostly will focus on GvG and wondering if any of you more experienced meleers have any suggestions on a more survivable build ? Atm i run stealth/assult/defense with sword and shield and heavy armor, but really with that setup have no resistance to mages.. i am currently lvl 34 also ..

Thinking about going full tank with assult/defense/resistance. But feels like the damage will suffer alot and that it will be worthless in group fights since i will "only" survive not deal damage.

And just to add, im a pure meleer, i hate playing mage and range classes , however combining meleemagic could be fun.. any help is greatly appreciated, love playing builds that not many others play :)

vthanh57886

vthanh57886

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

i think with good vacuum u can deal many damage and better cover ur mate. Knockdown and stun is good effect, but with my 2 hand sword just have problem with some cc skill and hit and run.

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

what are good combos for bursting or in some situations? I usually jump on people with blink/rush, get them down and cast earthquake+whirlwind then I plunge on them for the stun and get behind them to cast phantomblow. most of times I just get one shot by one or two the enemy skills before I even get close to them... :/

thats a good opener until your are higher level and have stealth and perforation.

Here is my West Character Build.  www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=011110011000100112010110010110001170111010110000000

Combo goes --- > Stealth - Rush - Triple (1) - Split Land - Hard cut - Hammer of Wrath - Plunge - Perforation - Phantom Blow to Finish

It works extremely well.  combo is very knockdown oriented.  but everything does maximum damage.  I dont use WW in the main combo because of the delay it has during the rotation.  Half the time anyone wearing cloth is already dead before I plunge.

ienBipi.jpg

Himmli

Himmli

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

what if I get ganked or cant rush to enemy and knock them down? do you have some videos of these combos in pvp?

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

i think with good vacuum u can deal many damage and better cover ur mate. Knockdown and stun is good effect, but with my 2 hand sword just have problem with some cc skill and hit and run.

i made a b uild with vacuum that was really strong in 3v3~ situations.  i wish i coulda tested it in larger battles.  

My accoutn is currently blocked because of a paypal dispute lol.  but ill be happy to help anyone with melee questions that is struggling.

this is a great 1v1 build with small group utlity

www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?site=talentplaner_eng&action=jumpIn&talents=711010101101000002111010010000011131011100110010100

ienBipi.jpg

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

what if I get ganked or cant rush to enemy and knock them down? do you have some videos of these combos in pvp?

if you get ganked by a melee, then you have to plunge and perforation  to get a knockdown right away.

if an archer or mage jumps you.   backflip out and stealth before they land a DoT on you. and then try to position yourself to begin the combo.  if they have you dotted or archer has you marked you have to throw hammer of wrath out to knockdown them then immediately close the gap (if you have to turn backwards and backflip then flip your camera and rush do that, its one of the best gap closer combos)

once i can resolve my account block, i will take tons of videos for you.  would be happy to!

ienBipi.jpg

Himmli

Himmli

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I dun haz that hammer thing im Combat/Will/Finese :/ Backflip works but sometimes they avoid my Rush/Plunge I dont know why o.o

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I dun haz that hammer thing im Combat/Will/Finese :/ Backflip works but sometimes they avoid my Rush/Plunge I dont know why o.o

get lasso then.  back flip into a lasso works nice.  then when they try to run again you have rush and plunge rdy

Or you could do what i did for a while.  Get energy wave and spam that everytime its up and make sure you aim towards them so you get the speed buff.  u will close the gap on anyone

ienBipi.jpg

Mertovicz

Mertovicz

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

get lasso then.  back flip into a lasso works nice.  then when they try to run again you have rush and plunge rdy

Or you could do what i did for a while.  Get energy wave and spam that everytime its up and make sure you aim towards them so you get the speed buff.  u will close the gap on anyone

Hey man, I'm using your build right now; Assault - Defense - Stealth (Warfare - Protection - Finesse).

I really enjoy playing with this build, but I'm wearing Heavy armor at the moment (since my previous build was a tank) and the Heavy armor doesn't seem to look good on me since I'm a girl In-Game.

Is it possible for me to go Medium armor with this build? because it looks much better on me.

And what is the difference between Heavy armor and Medium armor against Monsters.

Sorry im new to this game and dont know too much about this game hehe.

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hey man, I'm using your build right now; Assault - Defense - Stealth (Warfare - Protection - Finesse).

I really enjoy playing with this build, but I'm wearing Heavy armor at the moment (since my previous build was a tank) and the Heavy armor doesn't seem to look good on me since I'm a girl In-Game.

Is it possible for me to go Medium armor with this build? because it looks much better on me.

And what is the difference between Heavy armor and Medium armor against Monsters.

Sorry im new to this game and dont know too much about this game hehe.

Level with Heavy Armor.  And honestly, Keep using Heavy in pvp as well.  Just wait until you get IRONSKIN (6) passive from Protection.  It will help vs mages.  YOU do not want to get wrecked by archers.  Most Mage builds you can gap close easier on and will kill before they full combo you.  Other melee will shit on you if you go leather as well.  

ienBipi.jpg

Mertovicz

Mertovicz

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Level with Heavy Armor.  And honestly, Keep using Heavy in pvp as well.  Just wait until you get IRONSKIN (6) passive from Protection.  It will help vs mages.  YOU do not want to get wrecked by archers.  Most Mage builds you can gap close easier on and will kill before they full combo you.  Other melee will shit on you if you go leather as well.  

Oh okay thanks for the info man!

By the way, which weapon do you recommend me to use? I'm lvl 23 at the moment and only doing pve

Dathorus

Dathorus

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Tried using your build  sureikan,but i was getting completely destroyed by lvl 28 at lvl 34... not quite sure how to use it correctly

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Tried using your build  sureikan,but i was getting completely destroyed by lvl 28 at lvl 34... not quite sure how to use it correctly

PM me what issues you are running into.  I can happily help you out.  ( im testing a new build on Alpha but my NA launch build is still going to be Assault Defense Stealth 2h

ienBipi.jpg