If you encounter an error while browsing ArcheAgeSource, please report it in the Website Feedback forum!
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Leaderboard: Are you still interested in ArcheAge?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

ArcheAge RSS Bot

ArcheAge RSS Bot

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

aa_airship.jpg

So, ArcheAge. It's still not playable in English, but rumor has it that Trion's got a related announcement scheduled for next week's GDC event in San Francisco.

While I've been critical of XLGAMES for its interminably slow localization process -- and for releasing its fantasy sandpark everywhere except the West in recent years -- I'm still psyched to play it. The title is both full-featured and utterly unique, and how often can that be said about a current-gen MMORPG? Ultimately, it's one worth waiting for, in my opinion. What about you? Assuming you were interested in ArcheAge at some point over the last three-plus years, are you still interested?

feedlogo.gif

View the full article...

Valdagron

Valdagron

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Actually, i lost almost half of my interest about archeage (waiting for 2 years). but this game still the best so far. 

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

rc5zMM5.png

I guess Trions attitude has kinda starting to hit their asses. I guess most of the votes are just from angry nerds not getting their lollipop, but they might have damaged the game already quite a lot.

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Still not playable in English

Ultimately, it's one worth waiting for, in my opinion. What about you? Assuming you were interested in ArcheAge at some point over the last three-plus years, are you still interested?

4 plus years here. And with some digging around the internet for a certain download, you can play the Russian version in choppy English.

I couldn't take the wait any longer, seeing all these screen shots and videos drove me nuts. I've waited for this game longer than I've had my $500+ Steam account, or even a decent PC. Think about that for a minute, I've spent hundreds building a masterful PC and playing multiple MMORPGs in anticipation of ArcheAge. And after playing till 3am last night, I can safely say, it was worth every minute of waiting.   

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Yeah, I'm still interested.

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

rc5zMM5.png

I guess Trions attitude has kinda starting to hit their asses. I guess most of the votes are just from angry nerds not getting their lollipop, but they might have damaged the game already quite a lot.

Being that Trion plans to sell the game to the "Yes" and the "Not sure", and "newly interested" crowd, I would say that 67% is a good number for ArcheAge. Especially since the majority of those who know about it had to hunt for it.

The angry nerds will find out what happens when you hate something and support it at the same time...It usually ends up with an ignored community, and it will make them focus on the numbers even more.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Zeus007

Zeus007

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Being that Trion plans to sell the game to the "Yes" and the "Not sure", and "newly interested" crowd, I would say that 67% is a good number for ArcheAge. Especially since the majority of those who know about it had to hunt for it.

The angry nerds will find out what happens when you hate something and support it at the same time...It usually ends up with an ignored community, and it will make them focus on the numbers even more.

Angry nerds? You guys live in the real world right? 

If you don't produce a product that is anticipated for 3-4yrs OBVIOUSLY you're going to lose the hype surrounding the product. Especially, during this time we've seen the release of a lot of other very anticipated games. Therefore, it's only logical to think you wont bring in as many potential customers as possible during release. So I don't understand how you can call them angry nerds? It's completely rational to "lose interest" in something that hasn't arrived. 

Now, I'm not an aficionado on the release of MMORPG's so I don't know the average time-span between the announcement of a game and it's release/localization. So, I'm not 100% sure if the loss of interest is warranted.  

Anyways, my main point is, stop sounding condescending. It only makes ArcheAge fans look like pricks. 

rjUto40.gif?1

sureikan

sureikan

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

+1 for Vash pic

ienBipi.jpg

Signature done by SureikaN

Formerly known as "Malak" from R30's, Sin, Blackguard

Lv50 Liberator Spear/Sheild (Battlerage / Archery / Defense) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Lv30 Shadowblade DualWeild (Battlerage / Shadowplay / Witchcraft) NA Alpha Theorycraft Build

Zev

Zev

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Am I still interested? ..... DUH!

IKShadow

IKShadow

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yes

FUtilez [Do You Have What It Takes ?]
playing on: Инох [inox] / East ( waiting for EU release )

Bittersweet14

Bittersweet14

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Already voted - Yes!

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Angry nerds? You guys live in the real world right? 

If you don't produce a product that is anticipated for 3-4yrs OBVIOUSLY you're going to lose the hype surrounding the product. Especially, during this time we've seen the release of a lot of other very anticipated games. Therefore, it's only logical to think you wont bring in as many potential customers as possible during release. So I don't understand how you can call them angry nerds? It's completely rational to "lose interest" in something that hasn't arrived. 

Now, I'm not an aficionado on the release of MMORPG's so I don't know the average time-span between the announcement of a game and it's release/localization. So, I'm not 100% sure if the loss of interest is warranted.  

Anyways, my main point is, stop sounding condescending. It only makes ArcheAge fans look like pricks. 

Since we are discussing the real world and speaking on what's considered "condescending", let's point some things out.

What makes ArcheAge fans look like pricks is saying that a company should fail and is the enemy one week, and saying welcome to the community the next. B)

So let me clarify myself again.... ;) I clearly stated that the angry nerds are only the people who claim to hate the game and support it at the same time. I think that confuses developers and publishers. That statement was not referring to people who "just" lost interest. I "completely" agree that people have the right to regulate their own time schedules.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Ghuton

Ghuton

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

YES. AA is one of my last hope for a sandbox mmorpg

Requiem

Requiem

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I lurk this website practically almost every day. Of course I am still interested...lol