You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Community Manager Scapes!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
245 replies to this topic

Scapes

Scapes

Community Member

• Developers
  • PipPip

Hello ArcheAge Source!

As you may have read on the Trion Worlds ArcheAge website, my name is Evan "Scapes" Berman and I'm proud to be your Community Manager for ArcheAge for Trion. I’m eager to wade hip-deep into the ArcheAge community but want to provide a proactive update on recent hot topics and the game’s future (with regards to our service).

Let’s open with the burning question I’ve had tweeted and Skyped and yelled out of passing cars at me since I joined the ArcheAge Team at Trion Worlds: “When can I play the game?” You may know that ArcheAge is currently in an initial Friends and Family Alpha meaning the tester group is extremely small and nigh-internal. What you don’t yet know is that since the recent launch service in Russia, XLGames has been providing tremendous engineering effort toward making ArcheAge go live in the west as rapidly as possible. The work involved in launching a new region with support for three languages, unique to Trion’s version, is no small undertaking on top of integrating the game with our account, patching, operational, billing, and logging systems.

With that in mind, we plan to expand the alpha in coming weeks following GDC this month. This strictly NDA’d phase will initially focus on pillars of the ArcheAge community but will definitely grow out further. “But what about beta?” We’ll be transitioning from alpha to an NDA-free closed beta as the tasks mentioned above get knocked out one at a time, so we can have the best, fastest launch possible. While the tech work continues, the team is also finalizing plans for “early supporter” pre-launch packages slated to be introduced during this timeframe and available for the duration of closed beta, leading into launch later this year.

As for this week, there’s lots of preparation already in full swing for GDC. We have built out an amazingly detailed yet compact press demo that fits inside fifteen minutes to begin to help get the more mainstream games media caught up to your collective level of knowledge of ArcheAge. While we’re thrilled to present ArcheAge to the media, we’re even more excited to share the demo with the community on next Friday’s livestream (March 21) and add ArcheAge as a recurring feature of our Twitch channel.

As AAS is already aware, ArcheAge has also been in the news due to XLGames’ Russian partner, Mail.Ru, implementing a few rounds of changes of region-based access. While we’ve been keeping aware of new developments, it isn’t our place to comment on game service decisions of XLGames’ other publishers. Thanks in advance for understanding.

Also new this week, we have resumed fleshing out the Trion Worlds ArcheAge website with more game details, starting with the new Races & Factions pane, though the information may be plenty familiar to ArcheAge’s more devout fans. While we populate the current website with the core game information, work on a new website is already underway (we’ll make sure to include the existing written content). Additionally, official forums are being finalized as I type to support our efforts in expanding the alpha.

On that note, I also understand there are concerns about some of the pending changes to the game. Allow me to say this here and now: both Trion Worlds and XLGames want ArcheAge to be a free-to-play sandbox that fits our “No Tricks, No Traps” vision and will make development decisions for to achieve that goal in Trion’s territories. There are a couple of important recent examples we’d love to share: XLGames has agreed to our request that racial quests grant experience (which had been removed) and that mounts/gliders purchased from the cash shop provide solid value and fun, while earned and crafted items are objectively superior.

TLDR: I’m excited to be your point of contact for ArcheAge in the Americas and Europe and we have a lot of news coming up about bringing the game to you as quickly as possible. See you around here on ArcheAge Source and, in a little while, the official Trion forums.

"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hi Scapes!

I have only one wish, please try to keep communication with the community, I do not know if you heard of the previous arrangements we've had but it has been bad from Trions side and people might be hostile because of that. We do however WANT to have an open and good communication, we WANT to help out in any way we can.

Tillaz

Tillaz

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Welcome!

Good to see trion is back here :D

wRje3WM.jpg

Korea: Level 55 Battle Mage (마법/철벽/환술) | 폭주 | 안탈론

Pictures from my Archeage adventure | Cross Guild Event

Maisnon

Maisnon

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Great to hear from you! Let's keep the news coming!

Majiinfreddy

Majiinfreddy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Great to hear something at least.. ! 

AeonAuron

AeonAuron

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Hello and welcome aboard. Nice to see you and such updates out here. Keep them (and yourself :P) coming!

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Welcome Scapes!

Glad there's finally some more information you guys can share, and while I'm not a big fan of AA EU being F2P, I'm happy about your promise that crafted stuff remains superior!

Looking forward to hearing more from you guys - please don't let us down this time!

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

PrincipeCapio

PrincipeCapio

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Welcome! 

I've been waiting for this game since its release on Korea ._."

Plus I'm near SF (Let's just say California Valley) but I'm unable to go to the GDC to try out the demo, kind of sad. But at least your post made my day, finally a response from the game.

Anyways my primarily questions are as follows: 

1) How many players will be able to enter the closed beta? (I signed up about 5-6 months ago and I'm not too sure if I can get in)

2) Will there be a subscriber option? Like Runescape? I would rather have that than an OP Item shop. 

3) Will ArcheAge be on Steam? (That would be pretty convenient for some people and will add more players within)

4) Lastly, is there any some kind of positions I can get, such as facebook admin. I really want to be part of ArcheAge and want to make it the best game as possible, because MOBA are ruling the game world and I want MMORPG to thrive so spread the word! (I just want to get in the close beta -_-)

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Welcome! 

I've been waiting for this game since its release on Korea ._."

Plus I'm near SF (Let's just say California Valley) but I'm unable to go to the GDC to try out the demo, kind of sad. But at least your post made my day, finally a response from the game.

Anyways my primarily questions are as follows: 

1) How many players will be able to enter the closed beta? (I signed up about 5-6 months ago and I'm not too sure if I can get in)

2) Will there be a subscriber option? Like Runescape? I would rather have that than an OP Item shop. 

3) Will ArcheAge be on Steam? (That would be pretty convenient for some people and will add more players within)

4) Lastly, is there any some kind of positions I can get, such as facebook admin. I really want to be part of ArcheAge and want to make it the best game as possible, because MOBA are ruling the game world and I want MMORPG to thrive so spread the word! (I just want to get in the close beta -_-)

I can probably respond to most of those questions. :P

1: Doubt they know that for sure by now and if they do they probably wont announce it, my guess is small at first and then add more for stress testing or whatever later before having OBT.

2: One can only guess, but my guess is F2P with some premium like most other zones.

3: Considering Trion is working on something like a launcher for their games I very much doubt it will be available on steam, maybe with time if their launcher doesn't go so well.

4: lol

Reilux

Reilux

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

hello Scapes.. It's nice finally hearing some news from Trion side! Hope you maintain the communication with us regularly :)

Bittersweet14

Bittersweet14

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Glad to see you post (again :P) and glad to see some new info. Thank you so much for giving ArcheAge fans some new insight in what Trion is looking to accomplish in the coming months.

Keep the info coming please! :D

Strana

Strana

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Thanks for the Info. It is much appreciated.

"XLGames has agreed to our request that racial quests grant experience (which had been removed)"

Now I'm wondering how much of 1.0 Trion is planning on using.

Oskar Erien

Oskar Erien

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Another burning question: Is the game going alpha with 1.0?

sillywabbit

sillywabbit

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I am ready to test, just say the word.

Lahuzer

Lahuzer

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Like what I'm reading here. As long as the objects ingame is better then the once in cash shop, I have no problem with it. But do everything in your power from turning this to a p2w game. And for the love of everything holy. Keep it as sandboxy as possible, and don't follow the grind-route that they've taken in korea...

chernobog

chernobog

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
Thank you for giving us the information that you can. Its nice to finally hear something from trion. Even if it is a bit late. While I'm enjoying the ru version, I hope a localized aa will be available soon.
Blackthorne
Legend Gaming | Join Us!
Chernobog - Deckhand of Blackthorne

Xtt

Xtt

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

Hi Scapes!

Thank you and Trion for all the hard work you've put into this project. It seems like a lifeage when I first started following ArcheAge, back before Korean beta. I'm still as amazed by this game as I was back then, can't wait to play! 2014 is definitely the year of RPGs.

GuardianAngle

GuardianAngle

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

"Allow me to say this here and now: both Trion Worlds and XLGames want ArcheAge to be a free-to-play sandbox that fits our “No Tricks, No Traps” vision and will make development decisions for to achieve that goal in Trion’s territories. "

I'm going to save this quote for now .... ^^

dByvMLF.png

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Welcome.

and

Thank God "Thiol" for granting you the courage to post already ;)

TLDR: I’m excited to be your point of contact for ArcheAge in the Americas and Europe and we have a lot of news coming up about bringing the game to you as quickly as possible. See you around here on ArcheAge Source and, in a little while, the official Trion forums.

I believe it when i see it happening! There were way too many unfulfilled promises before from Trion...  :P

Vibe

Vibe

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

So Archeage in 2016?

"it isn’t our place to comment on game service decisions of XLGames’ other publishers."

Why are you implying it's mail.ru's decision to block international community off? Do you not follow what is happening at all?

0/10 not excited

Vibe <United Nations> (Magic/Conjury/Will) on Джин