You can switch the forum's foreground color by using the square color palette at the end of the navigation bar above! The default color is #102040.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Community Manager Scapes!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
245 replies to this topic

Melancholy

Melancholy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

The beta cash grab game is already old.

then again, when that early access thingy was modelled after the one in russia where you get 30 days vip and stuff, i think there's nothing wrong with paying 20ish bucks for a game worth playing. not a fan of f2p at all but when i take a look at business models of these year's other aaa titles i think there is more greed involved in p2p than ever before. let's just wait and see.

hi scapes

aenaongr

aenaongr

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

it would be nice to see work points  to be equal for both premium and freemium players ;/

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Great info Scapes... B)

Thanks for giving the inside scoop on some of the requests that TRION has made to XLGames.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Ottomaggic

Ottomaggic

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Scapes, thank you for stopping in and giving us some updates.  I liked this part of your post "mounts/gliders purchased from the cash shop provide solid value and fun, while earned and crafted items are objectively superior." Sounds like you guys are on the right track ^_^ b

What level is the battle cat draped across your shoulders?  :P

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

The only thing I'm a little concerned about in Scape's post is the promise of official forums and what that might do to this site, should those forums become the preferred route of communication with players. That will probably cause this forum to become more of a niche destination for older community members to congregate, or perhaps a place for people who were excommunicated from the official forums to complain. I've been through this rodeo two times already, so I have an idea of what will happen. I'm not worried about this site's longevity, really. It'll probably last longer than AionSource.com (2006 to 2014, RIP).

At least we've gotten a "this year" release estimate and a F2P guarantee, not that I prefer F2P.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

The only thing I'm a little concerned about in Scape's post is the promise of official forums and what that might do to this site, should those forums become the preferred route of communication with players. That will probably cause this forum to become more of a niche destination for older community members to congregate, or perhaps a place for people who were excommunicated from the official forums to complain.

I thought we addressed this topic in a thread that happened like, six months ago.

majormokri

majormokri

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

hello Mr scapes, i have a question, or maybe just want to express my worries about the crafting system:

will it be the same as in the ru and kr versions? are you planning an alternative like the crafting system we had during CBT?

i'm asking this because i'm a rift player now for years, and i never doubted your no tricks, no traps policy ever since i played that game, i really loved the commercial model which was fair and not unbalancing in the least.

now if we get that broken labor points system in the trion version of archeage, i hope there will be changes: like NO labor potion, a more accessible LP for f2p players and so on.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

The only thing I'm a little concerned about in Scape's post is the promise of official forums and what that might do to this site, should those forums become the preferred route of communication with players. That will probably cause this forum to become more of a niche destination for older community members to congregate, or perhaps a place for people who were excommunicated from the official forums to complain.

At least we've gotten a "this year" release estimate and a F2P guarantee, not that I prefer F2P.

A valid observation considering how tightly information has been controlled. I personally see the future of AAS being a little of both of your thoughts as there are some within the community that are able to think for themselves as well as some that won't be above telling Trion exactly what is on their minds, with or without the PC filter.

I'm looking forward to official forums in that at least we might get a little separation between ArcheAge fans and Trion fanbois.

"We need to enhance our security..."

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I hope the launch of an official forum doesn't mean that we lose what we have here.  My guess is that an official forum will go the way of official forums for other games (troll breeding grounds).  I like it here at AAS.  :wub:

Hi, Scapes.  Thank you for the update and I hope that we see more posts from you at a greater frequency than what we have seen in the past. I'm even happier to hear that this game is slated for launch THIS year (*fingers crossed that that remains the truth*).  Eager for more news and can't wait to see the game in full English.

Zev

Zev

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
Told ya, trions version will be the best version... don't fuck it up

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Told ya, trions version will be the best version... don't fuck it up

I hope so. I'm just having anxiety over the F2P and the announcement of "early supporter" pre-launch packages is disconcerting. But, we shall see! ;)

Aedgyth

Aedgyth

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

You have the advantage of being to do what you want here though - youtube in game pages / guides / twitch streamer links / community promo - whatever you wish

Zorky

Zorky

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

This is amazing news keep us posted and looking forward to GDC :)

ArcheAge Community Global Gamers

Twitter https://twitter.com/ArcheAge_Com

Website https://archeage.org.uk

IRC - Host: Irc.globalgamers.net - Port: 6667
Channels: #GlobalGamers - #Archeage

Azka

Azka

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

It's a pleasure to read some news about Archeage and see you again Scapes ;)

Rondaric

Rondaric

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well, its nice to hear from you Scapes. I hope Trion will have a big success with Archeage. Nevertheless I hope you will understand that some of us remain somewhat sceptical. There are mechanisms in AA which could be broken very easily, 

The next few weeks will no doubt give us the "proof of the pudding.." so to speak.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

I thought we addressed this topic in a thread that happened like, six months ago.

I forget things easily?

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Disappointing to see that the pay model will drag it down though. :(

Yes and no Ala, my friends who play FPS might actually try AA because it's confirmed to be F2P.  

(Assuming it's not P2W)  

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I hope the launch of an official forum doesn't mean that we lose what we have here.  My guess is that an official forum will go the way of official forums for other games (troll breeding grounds).  I like it here at AAS.  :wub:

It's going to take more than a official forum to lose the trolls we have here. 

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Yes and no Ala, my friends who play FPS might actually try AA because it's confirmed to be F2P.  

(Assuming it's not P2W)  

I'm all for more people trying the game, but I'm a firm believer that P2P funds content while cash shop items fund more cash shop items.

Nevin

Nevin

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I'm all for more people trying the game, but I'm a firm believer that P2P funds content while cash shop items fund more cash shop items.

I thought Trion said "AA is going to follow Rifts payment system"? With an optional P2P subscription that adds essential labor points/buffs.

Or does that just add to the problem?