We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[MMORPG.com] How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

frame_r4_logo.jpg

You can read MMORPG's review from GDC here:
How Deep the Rabbit Hole Goes

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

Summary:

...some good news on Labor Points? In Trion's version, free players will get a moderate amount, subscribers will get a bit more (not a ton), and anyone who needs one last burst to finish something can buy a quick boost. But only a limited amount per day. Because labor points and crafting are so tied to ArcheAge's gameplay, being able to buy them completely would be "Pay to Win". Trion is making sure that simply won't be the case here.

Labor points, sounds the same as in the RU version, subs will get more then F2P over time, and LP pots will be sold in CS.

Once every week opposing and rival players can bid on an item at the auction house that allows them to challenge a castle to a siege. Then they set the window, and the fight begins. Siege weapons, cannons, ship cannons if the castle's by water, mercenaries, AI guards... 100v100 fights to take control of that Archium and its many (soon to be revealed) benefits.

Sieges, once a week and not once in three weeks like in Korea, cool.

Majki

Majki

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

It seems like ArcheAge is almost done translating \o/ and one of the best things here are the sieges every week.

Ultimoos

Ultimoos

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I'm wondering what will be trions policy about multiple characters on the same server. On RU after just 4 weeks all plots are full. That toes not surprise me, after all every player can have 3 chars on server and thats 3 scarecrows working for one person. I think this was a bad decision. There should be limit of one character per server.

AeonAuron

AeonAuron

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Did you guys pay attention to that Dragon Artwork at Loading screen in Mark's Demo? That means we will have "more" content than Rsssians! <3

Majiinfreddy

Majiinfreddy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Other things to note from that article:

Musical composition is in the game. It's safe to assume to that patches prior to that is in the game. I'm guessing we're gonna see a ENG version with all the patches except for 1.0 - The perfect game imo.

LP potions are from the  Cash shop, but can only be used once pr day.

The world is called Auroria ( well at least the west + east continents) 

This is gearing up to be on hell of a release if this goes through! :D

BlueCeptor

BlueCeptor

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Looks promising, I did notice the little features that aren't in Ru yet, but were present in that demo!
Looking forward to see the Livestream on Friday now.. ^_^

LlexX

LlexX

The Gym Rat

• Super Moderators

LP potions are from the  Cash shop, but can only be used once pr day.

Where did they say that it can be used only once a day?

and anyone who needs one last burst to finish something can buy a quick boost. But only a limited amount per day.

Sounds same as for RU, with cooldown on them.

neolitejukebox

neolitejukebox

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Did you guys pay attention to that Dragon Artwork at Loading screen in Mark's Demo? That means we will have "more" content than Rsssians! <3

Were ? lets go play then ... oh ... wait .... :/

Right now we only have closed RU servers due to exploits :P

Till now seems Trion AA is the same as mail.ru in monetization ... I wonder how much premium will cost in Trion version

Ultimoos

Ultimoos

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I am a F2P user on RU servers. I do use labor pots from time to time to help myself with bigger projects, like building a boat or upgrading armor set. Even though I spend gold on pots I still make a decent profit, because I use my LP's with head. So I'm sustaining myself and keep a slow but steady progress in game. 

Premium users on RU generate 5x more LP than me. And from talking with them I get a feeling that most of the times they simply waste them. While I am trying to use every point as effective as possible. Premium players often do not even know what to do with their points. 

I read in one of articles on this forums that someone recommends a generation of 2 points/5 mins. After those couple week on RU I share the same feeling. 2-3 points/5 min would be absolutely sufficient. 1 point a minute feels like unnecessary boost rather than normal rate. 

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Exciting that it's fully translated.  *cheers* :)

Majiinfreddy

Majiinfreddy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Where did they say that it can be used only once a day?

Sounds same as for RU, with cooldown on them.

As I was editing my post, I saw it said "limited amount" lol. sorry XD I somehow read "limited to once pr day" :rolleyes: 

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

As someone who wanted to be a Pirate initially, I'm really kinda getting sad that they keep tramping on the Pirate thing. No one is gonna be a pirate if things stay the way they are. It's something you want to avoid in the game, not something you want to pursue.

But I mean I don't think that will ever change, XLGames stopped talking about Pirates completely.

Other than, I think Trion's version will be really fun from what they are saying. Looking forward to it!

EDIT:

Just noticed, they described the class system kind of wrong. You'll never just use one skilltree, you will always invest into three,, even if just for 3-4 skills.

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

This is gearing up to be on hell of a release if this goes through! :D

Release, but what about the future :P

It must be a well planned strategy to not release the 1.0 in a long time since it would hurt the game a lot. But it's coming either way that's 100% sure, in what form will 1.0 be when it comes I doubt even xlgames knows about that.

KeksX

KeksX

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Well considering how bad ArcheAge is doing in KR atm I don't think they will release 1.0 as it is, no way they're gonna risk that.

So I think chances are high that many things of 1.0 will be changed and many others added.

RU Info: Server 4, ТАЯН, Zerus / Tiamat, Almost Russian

EU Guild: Aurorian Empire | http://aurorian-empire.eu/

What You Should Know About ArcheAge! http://archeagesourc...about-archeage/

(Discontinued) Korean Retail and PTR News! http://archeagesourc...etail-ptr-news/ http://archeagesourc...l-general-news/

English Guides and Tutorials List by LlexX! http://archeagesourc...st-to-archeage/

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

When the game comes out here in the dystopian future of 2077 I expect the Russian version will be ahead.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Well considering how bad ArcheAge is doing in KR atm I don't think they will release 1.0 as it is, no way they're gonna risk that.

So I think chances are high that many things of 1.0 will be changed and many others added.

This is how a gamer might think. From any interview I have read about Scott he clearly states that they are trusting xlgames 100% and it sounds like they are going to do what ever they are going to do. In the old live stream he commented about how he doesn't see the 1.0 chances being theme parkish and the the pre gdc interview he sais that he haven't even tried it out yet. So the idea he got from 1.0 probably comes from xlgames powerpoint show. 1.0 isn't even the only problem it was just the patch that finally broke the camel's back.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Not psyched about the selling of LP pots in the cash shop, even if they are once per day, but whatever. It's a minor thing at most. Everything else sounds great.

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I would hope so as well, but it's very telling that Scott hasn't come out and directly addressed the dailies issue. As usual, everything is cryptic doublespeak without giving a definitive answer. I wonder if the NDA'd alpha period is to judge how 1.0 is received.

"We need to enhance our security..."

Bastor

Bastor

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

When the game comes out here in the dystopian future of 2077 I expect the Russian version will be ahead.

Pretty much.

Also what dragon?

Can you link to it?

I don't see anything indicative of 1.0 in any videos on mmorpg.com