There are no predefined paths. Your choices. Your actions. Your world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trion: We control prices in ArcheAge's cash shop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

ArcheAge RSS Bot

ArcheAge RSS Bot

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
prettyyyy.jpg

Earlier this afternoon, ArcheAge Community Manager Scapes hopped on the forums to kick off a local question-and-answer session with ArcheAge fans and answered a number of queries, chief among them a question about how much control Trion will have over the prices in ArcheAge's western cash shop. "Lots, actually," Scapes told the forum-goers. "We decide what's in it and at what price, simple as that."

He also dashed the hopes of those pining for special server rulesets like PvP and RP, promised server farms for both NA and Europe, and suggested that cosmetics might be a part of the game's westernization.

The Q&A is still ongoing on the official forums. Those who participate have a chance at winning an alpha invite.

feedlogo.gif

Source: ArcheAge forums

View the full article...

Fox Soul

Fox Soul

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

This could save us from P2W stuff. ^^

gLtnf2V.png

Thank you Sureikan!

Laxe

Laxe

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

this is actually bad because Rift is a p2w price and i expect Trion to milk westerners with subs and must have items

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

this is actually bad because Rift is a p2w price and i expect Trion to milk westerners with subs and must have items

Rift cash shops have "must have items?"

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Zeus007

Zeus007

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

This isn't necessarily a revelation -_-

rjUto40.gif?1

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Both items are good news.

"We need to enhance our security..."

bloodtau2

bloodtau2

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

As long as it is less pay to win like the other versions, people will be happy

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Inb4 t2 crafted items in cash shop.

Teksetta

Teksetta

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I returned to RIFT for 1 week after the expansion (from my vanilla character) and already had items better items than what is in the cash shop.

Sorry, but you're absolutely wrong. Please do not spread rubbish like this.

Orzhov

Orzhov

Community Newbie

• Members
  • Pip

I really hope Trion can "ctrl+z" many features from the 1.0... But I'm sure that's a hard thing to happen. Either way those statements are good, they are trying something (or just big lies everywhere) - We can just wait and see.

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Ain't all server technically PvP...?
you ain't telling me that some will have it disabled? xD

You got a piece of a heart!
Collect four pieces of a heart to
assemble a new girlfriend.

liberator48

liberator48

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Pay to win is a term that shouldn't have any association with an MMO whatsoever. MMORPGs are not meant to be "winned" they are meant to be lived.

The_Emperor

The_Emperor

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't like Trion... Trion destroyed the game at EU and NA. Once the game comes it will be P2W ( agree or not, like Korea version now ).

Back then most of you were saying " it will p2p " but some of us were said to you " it will be f2p then p2w ". I hope that everyone understands it now. And I am saying this too ( like or not , I said this issue at Turkish forum : archeagetr.com ) : " This game will come at the end of 2014 ( if we are really lucky ,ofc we are not ,thanks to Trion ) or at 2015 !!!.

I am really bored to learn the news by Trion from archeagesource ( I am happy to be in archeagesource ) but I am really angry to Trion. Trion provides useless informations to us and Archeage EU/NA website is useless ,  Archeage EU/NA facebook is useless,  Archeage EU/NA twitter is useless. 

When Archeage comes to EU or NA we need to wait minimum 6 months to get siege patch but we cannot do siege battles ( only build castles to northen area ). Then we will wait another 6 months to get real siege battle. Shortly at 2016 we will able to do real activities at Archeage EU/NA. 

To translate Korean to Chinese, Japanese, Russian is much more harder than ENGLISH !!! Thus, how we cannot get the game ???

XLGAMES abondant the development of Archeage too, I am playing at Korea too and I must say nothing new things are coming to game. Archeage Korea is a P2W model and more grinding now , no new pve or pvp content ( especially for pvp, ARCHEAGE's PVP is broken !!! ).

I plan to play and stay at Russia. I played the Korean version without any problem,even without an English patch. Only find 1-2 Russians/Koreans that knows English ( and join that person's guild ) - you will be fine really ( I am saying this from my experiences ) !!! Then you still do everything without any problem amd you will still get fun from game^^.

Fox Soul

Fox Soul

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Pay to win is a term that shouldn't have any association with an MMO whatsoever. MMORPGs are not meant to be "winned" they are meant to be lived.

Well, if you are a carebear its ok. But some ppl play to be the best, have the best zones, best raids and best castles. 

gLtnf2V.png

Thank you Sureikan!

IKShadow

IKShadow

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Well, if you are a carebear its ok. But some ppl play to be the best, have the best zones, best raids and best castles. 

True that but those who like to Pay2Win will do it anyway... if not offered in cash shop's then they buy it on black market.

p.s. Personally I hope they sell as less as possible in cash shop's. ( eg preferably cosmetic stuff and maybe bank slots )

FUtilez [Do You Have What It Takes ?]
playing on: Инох [inox] / East ( waiting for EU release )