ArcheAge-Online.com was the first ArcheAge fansite in the world.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge FAQ mentions testing plans, optional subscription, and housing limitations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

ArcheAge RSS Bot

ArcheAge RSS Bot

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip
aa.jpg

Trion Worlds has published a new FAQ for ArcheAge today that concentrates on testing plans and core features of its upcoming Western version.

The team said that alpha testing is imminent and will be followed by beta events for the remainder of the year leading up to launch. While fans can sign up on the site for a chance at a key, Trion said that soon-to-be-revealed founders packs will guarantee beta access.

ArcheAge will be adopting a hybrid F2P model including an optional subscription. This subscription will be necessary if a player wants to own his or her own house in the game, as the "limited real estate" will be earmarked for paying customers only.

Trion addressed its level of control over the title in its relationship with developer XLGAMES and indicated that the Korean 1.0 patch changes will not be coming to the West: "We work with XLGAMES to understand and new features that are added to ArcheAge in the East to determine how well they will be accepted in our regions, and then offer feedback. XLGAMES has been fantastic in addressing that feedback as best as they can. In situations where a feature is added that we don't think will be appropriate for our audiences, we work with XLGAMES to modify or remove that feature from our version."

feedlogo.gif

Source: ArcheAge FAQ

View the full article...

Zeus007

Zeus007

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

d4p8dN1.gif

Bravo! Trion seems to be actually listening. *gassspppp* 

Trion gets 2 thumbs up from me on the grounds of "optional subscription" and "1.0 patch will not be coming West"!!

P.S- I expect to see all those die-hard Trion "haters" in this years upcoming CBT ;D

rjUto40.gif?1

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Awaiting the flood of people that will contradict themselves by playing TRION AA as soon as the game releases.... ;)

The flaws of pessimism... -_-

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Zeus007

Zeus007

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Awaiting the flood of people that will contradict themselves by playing TRION AA as soon as the game releases.... ;)

Preach!

rjUto40.gif?1

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

*One Thump Up ... One Thumb Down*

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Not happy about real estate being restricted to paying players only. The article was ambiguous about it, however; it didn't say that it went to subscribing players only, just paying players only.

Aside from that, everything is just as I predicted. =)

UPDATE: Well, Scapes has cleared it up. Looks like real estate is going to be tied to subs-only, but subs will be able to be bought and traded to others (which is a feature that Rift needs IMO). While that's still not as bad, I'm a bit disappointed.

Melancholy

Melancholy

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Not happy about real estate being restricted to paying players only. The article was ambiguous about it, however; it didn't say that it went to subscribing players only, just paying players only.

Aside from that, everything is just as I predicted. =)

UPDATE: Well, Scapes has cleared it up. Looks like real estate is going to be tied to subs-only, but subs will be able to be bought and traded to others (which is a feature that Rift needs IMO). While that's still not as bad, I'm a bit disappointed.

What else did you exspect?

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

What else did you exspect?

I thought that they were considering to put it behind like a $5 paywall, like the way the auction house is with Rift. (They may possibly do that for the AA auction house, but the auction house plays a much greater role in AA than it does in Rift so I'm not sure.)

The_Emperor

The_Emperor

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't care Trion news ; they don't bring the game for a long time and they don't bring and they don't give any damn informations. Because of it, they lost many players and made most of us angry and mad to them !!!

Vibe

Vibe

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

There's no other way to make housing work other than with a subscription. Everyone knows that. Unless they suddenly make 100x more land for houses.

Vibe <United Nations> (Magic/Conjury/Will) on Джин

IceD

IceD

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Unfortunately, that's a sad truth. Unless the future of mmo's will look similiar to MC, where players can simply build upon each-others creations from small parts (blocks, in that case), following certain rulesets etc. it's not possible considering the limitations of the virtual world. Subscription easily prevents abuse and sorts out players who are genuinely interested in owning a house from those who aren't. The family system is a real nice substitue in this case for those, who can't or don't want to own an estate, since it allows people to share structures; the only thing that needs to be adjusted for INT release is the ability for family members to actually have acess to things like beds (so they can as well benefit from the labor point regeneration) and maybe even placing their own furniture within a set of owner-controlled access rules.

As for the rest, I have to applaud the idea of the Patron system thingy, since it's similiar to EVE's Plex system. It's a really positive feature, especially in a sandbox game like AA and should balance out the player population well in terms of those, who just want to play the game, and those who really want to get involved into the community.

No 1.0 and special adjustments for INT release are only a good sign of what might come; we might have to wait longer, but there's a huge chance that western AA will be a highly polished version devoid of the most annoying issues, which plague the KR/RU AA.

Zeus007

Zeus007

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Unfortunately, that's a sad truth. 

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It's like, what did they expect? For it to be completely and utterly free?! ;D Personally, I think those willing to financially invest in Trion should be rewarded and let's not forget, "gaming" is an industry/business. Someones got to foot the bill. And why not, for a one-of-a-kind sandbox game like this. 

rjUto40.gif?1

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It's like, what did they expect? For it to be completely and utterly free?! ;D Personally, I think those willing to financially invest in Trion should be rewarded and let's not forget, "gaming" is an industry/business. Someones got to foot the bill. And why not, for a one-of-a-kind sandbox game like this. 

There are always going to be that 'segment' of players that feel they're being cheated or slighted because it's not all free. I for one am glad to see Trion recognize the realities of economics within the game world and being willing to commit to those that are willing to do the same.

"We need to enhance our security..."

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

No 1.0 and special adjustments for INT release are only a good sign of what might come; we might have to wait longer, but there's a huge chance that western AA will be a highly polished version devoid of the most annoying issues, which plague the KR/RU AA.

I highly doubt it.

Luxeraph

Luxeraph

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Well my bigest issue was answered with this FAQ that was the whole sub thing being able to be bought ingame(not sure I'll be able to pay it with irl money) and IMO with the sub being like it is in EVE people got no right at all to complaing about certain features being sub only.

Vihar

Vihar

Probably 400th Member

• Members
  • PipPip

FINALLY!  Some solid info. Non-specific, but that's fine with me.

This is some real useful information. For once, I am happy about development, and happy to see that there is some clear progress and plans for AA NA/EU.

I am guessing a release in September or November.  I'm also OK with the optional subscriptions, so long as subs don't give advantages in PVP.

Intended build - Tragic Poet

http://archeagescand...98a8c9091939496

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

How dare we be angry over having been waiting for years without any proper news... right?

I do not doubt we are going to see most of the international community moving over as people hare having trouble playing without... you know what... (provided Trion don't mess up the EU/NA version in some major way, so far looking quite good).

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

How dare we be angry over having been waiting for years without any proper news... right?

I do not doubt we are going to see most of the international community moving over as people hare having trouble playing without... you know what... (provided Trion don't mess up the EU/NA version in some major way, so far looking quite good).

I have no problems with anyone being angry, but I respect those who stick to what they say and don't contradict themselves. B)

And I agree..So far so good....

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Kuro1n

Kuro1n

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I have no problems with anyone being angry, but I respect those who stick to what they say. B)

And I agree..So far so good....

Mm well I feel few have said anything along those lines, however you have to realize lots of people talked shit in order to make some noise to influence Trion worlds as well.

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Anyone who would be upset about housing only being part of a sub either has never played the game and are completely CLUELESS as to the damage that would cause or are more interested a free game as opposed to a successful one. I consider this the first TRULY good news about NA we have heard yet as well as the "hint" that we may not get all of 1.0. Granted we cannot predict or count on anything regarding 1.0 until we know the exact details.

IMHO everyone here should be doing back flips that housing is p2p, I am!