Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArcheAge alpha is officially underway

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

ArcheAge RSS Bot

ArcheAge RSS Bot

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

aarowboats.jpg

Trion Worlds has announced today that the alpha test version of XLGAMES' ArcheAge is now underway. Yes, that sentence was real. No, you don't need to rub your eyes and re-read it; the game is finally in testing after lying dormant for so long that many feared it had been quietly shelved. We're staring down the barrel of more testing and an ultimate release.

You don't believe it? That's fair. Don't take our word for it; take it from the trailer just past the cut that's being used to advertise the start of testing. Admittedly, it isn't showing off in-game footage, but it is in English. Besides, it's cool. The long wait for English ArcheAge fans won't be quite so long now, especially as press (like us) has the testing NDA dropped and can start talking about our experiences in the client.

[Source: Trion Worlds press release]
Continue reading ArcheAge alpha is officially underway

feedlogo.gif

View the full article...

Valadhiel

Valadhiel

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

*continues to stare down the barrel ...*

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

DON'T DO IT! :D

"We need to enhance our security..."

IceD

IceD

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

WHERE'S MY STREAM ALPHA INVITE?!

*sadface*

Keller

Keller

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I agree some people from the community deserve an alpha invite, but lately the official forums were kinda a Trion/Scapes-suck-up-fest. Hope the "negative" people will also get a chance to get in Alpha. Archeage is a good game, but it can be so much better and sometimes someone needs to speak up. Hopefully "hand picked" does not mean we get the fanboyz only club in Alpha. 

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

I agree some people from the community deserve an alpha invite, but lately the official forums were kinda a Trion/Scapes-suck-up-fest. Hope the "negative" people will also get a chance to get in Alpha. Archeage is a good game, but it can be so much better and sometimes someone needs to speak up. Hopefully "hand picked" does not mean we get the fanboyz only club in Alpha. 

I literally haven't managed to even continue reading the forums the things you describe is just unspeakably horrible. I don't see how inviting all the suck ups will ever even help in the game development unless the sole purpose always had been only testing for server stability and such. 

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I literally haven't managed to even continue reading the forums the things you describe is just unspeakably horrible. I don't see how inviting all the suck ups will ever even help in the game development unless the sole purpose always had been only testing for server stability and such. 

Well Nekrage disagreed with many of the things about ArcheAge and got in. I saw him go up against the entire community at one point..lol

..But he was "very" helpful also

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Aedgyth

Aedgyth

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

the invite shave gone out to large streamers and Rift streamers, fan sites - it's just  alpha marketing campaign  -  there is not even a NDA in place.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Well Nekrage disagreed with many of the things about ArcheAge and got in. I saw him go up against the entire community at one point..lol

..But he was "very" helpful also

Weird that I haven't seen any thank you threads out of him in the alpha section. He actually got in?

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Weird that I haven't seen any thank you threads out of him in the alpha section. He actually got in?

Yea here's the thread. I think it got buried: http://forums.archea...Thank-you-Trion

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Weird that he haven't made a single post in the alpha forums neither have I seen a single oranthul signature there. Also they didn't give out keys they gave access except for few peopel they gave friend keys to share.

Ps: god that thread really made my day I knew I was missing something.

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Weird that he haven't made a single post in the alpha forums neither have I seen a single oranthul signature there. Also they didn't give out keys they gave access except for few peopel they gave friend keys to share.

Ps: god that thread really made my day I knew I was missing something.

This is true... Interesting....

Steelwind

Steelwind

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

the invite shave gone out to large streamers and Rift streamers, fan sites - it's just  alpha marketing campaign  -  there is not even a NDA in place.

Well KR didn't have an NDA either when the game was in development. I prayed Trion would follow suit since it shows there is nothing to hide and faith in a quality product. Very happy to hear Trion is doing the same.

Inporylem

Inporylem

Donater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

This is true... Interesting....

Need to keep this under my radar. Don't want to call out someones bullshit too early if he is just too busy playing the alpha.

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Need to keep this under my radar. Don't want to call out someones bullshit too early if he is just too busy playing the alpha.

Yea. He said that he was going to do some hardcore testing. The community seemed like they are demanding him to give feedback for posting his guides there.

Jamja

Jamja

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I'm assuming KelsX got in as well.

Kinda disapointed that alot of the people who have been following and playing since CB's and OB's didn't get in..  You know, the ones that know all the strenghts and weeknesses of the game..  (yes im talking putting me in that boat lol)   :(

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
I'm going to rename the Beta forum to Alpha. Any discussion you guys and girls want to make about this version if the game should go in there for the time being. The category will be renamed back to Beta when that phase begins, and after launch it will be retired and probably replaced with server-specific discussion forums.

That's the plan for now at least.

Nalcetla

Nalcetla

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Lovely news to hear! I'm glad things seem to be going smoothly enough to start Alpha.

krogger

krogger

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

yea and closed beta is right around the corner rest assured by end of the month if ppl actually do work in the alpha lol

wickedsig.png

Leader of Wicked

www.wickedonline.net

We are Recruiting Dedicated 

NA players and any other 

planning to play on NA servers!

Dartimien

Dartimien

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

lol that trailer literally brought a tear to my eye XD