Just so you know, AAS = ArcheAgeSource.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Disable Twitter Integration for the Status Update Box

forums

Best Answer ArcheAdmin, 15 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Oh, you guys meant something else.

The status box updates via twitter are an option that users normally have to disable themselves. I'll see if there's any way to set it to disabled by default or set everyone's to disabled at once.

EDIT: Found a solution, I think. I've disabled importing status updates from FB/Twitter for all regular members. Go to the full post »

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Please

AeonAuron

AeonAuron

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Yeah, agree...

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
Okay. :(
I'll have to do it when I get home, I literally can't do it on my phone in this airport. :(

Alasondra

Alasondra

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
Thank you. :)

"We need to enhance our security..."

Scapes

Scapes

Community Member

• Developers
  • PipPip
Sorry, have we been tweeting too much?
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

quartzdragonfire

quartzdragonfire

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

i liked it /shrug

Senina - Ferre, Server - 올로

AeonAuron

AeonAuron

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Not that one, imho that integration is pretty useful to keep the track up.

Atm you can see all user's tweets in Status Wall of AASource here: http://archeagesourc...m/statuses/all/ Which is weird and looks like even users don't even know that their tweets are on AASource.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Not that one, imho that integration is pretty useful to keep the track up.

Atm you can see all user's tweets in Status Wall of AASource here: http://archeagesourc...m/statuses/all/ Which is weird and looks like even users don't even know that their tweets are on AASource.

Exactly. All of the Tweets that are actually relevant to AA are being drowned by completely unrelated Tweets, some of which are advertisements for everything from gold selling to random T-shirts.

Is there a way to implement a box for "developer Tweets" like they have on the Chucklefish forums? That would be useful.

Wiseman

Wiseman

Donator

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Please keep up the good work. Great Job. B)

It keeps me updated with player perception.

"We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators
✓  Best Answer

The status box updates via twitter are an option that users normally have to disable themselves. I'll see if there's any way to set it to disabled by default or set everyone's to disabled at once.

EDIT: Found a solution, I think. I've disabled importing status updates from FB/Twitter for all regular members.

Sanguinesun

Sanguinesun

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Scapes
Read: Not yet read

Still haven't checked your pm's here yet?

Been catching up during move-in breaks during the weekend, want to take the time to reply in kind. Today has been all about final GDC preparations, first press demo is bright and early tomorrow morning.

Certainly havent been using pm's too much (ie after one month you've still not read or responded per your response above otherwise on the 18th of March.) Again, as of this very moment, that pm still hasnt been read.

Im sure all manner of reasons can be given for the last month but at this point it doesnt really matter... as I said in that pm a month ago: how you would deign to respond would be telling.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

EDIT: Found a solution, I think. I've disabled importing status updates from FB/Twitter for all regular members.

Did you think I meant the shoutbox? Man, I haven't been able to see the shoutbox since my second day here lol

-FP

-FP

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Did you think I meant the shoutbox? Man, I haven't been able to see the shoutbox since my second day here lol

Are you serious? Go to http://archeagesource.com/shoutbox/

Click My Prefs, set "Display Global Shoutbox?" to yes, then save.

Kriptini

Kriptini

Community Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip

Are you serious? Go to http://archeagesource.com/shoutbox/

Click My Prefs, set "Display Global Shoutbox?" to yes, then save.

Thanks for this. In the past when I've asked about it, people just told me to clear my cookies and that never worked.

ArcheAdmin

ArcheAdmin

Brand Manager Since 2010

• Administrators

Whoa I didn't know people couldn't see it. Weird.