Jake Song's real name is Song Jae-kyeong.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Awesome Guide of Awesomeness [AGA]

housesm ships house houses guide claiming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

sno203

sno203

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

-------------------------------------------------GUIDE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-All the words I've marked with " are in the dictionary at the bottom.

Claiming:

The best way to get a plot to claim is to do the main stroyline, it will give you scarecrows which you can use to claim a piece of land, the size of the land depends on which scarecrow you're using. Once you've claimed a plot you can start placing buildings such as houses,mills,farms etc.

Building:

In order to build anything you'll have to travel to mirage island, where there will be small scaled and normal sized buildings, right now all buildings are premade, but the developers are working on making it so you can create your own things. In order to buy buildings you will need to get one of two special currencies called "Gilda Coins" or "Tear Nuis". Once you've bought the "template" with "Tear Nuis" or "Gilda Coins" you will have to carry out resources to it, which will give you a debuff that reduces your speed.

Ships:

Ships work almost just like the buildings, but instead of claiming you'll have to place a building platform in a piece of water that is deep enough to have it, and then you will have to carry resources out to it, which will slow you down a lot, so a good advice would be to place it as close to the shore as possible.

How to get into alpha:

The alpha is invite only, meaning that the mods will contact you, but you can register for the closed beta, and you will be randomly picked. The mods will most likely choose you if you're active on the forum, and you post a bunch of helpfull things.

Crafting:

There are 21 different crafting proficensies, which means you will have to focus on very specific things, for example there isn't just 1 over all armoring proficency, each has it's different kind of armor type. You will be able to choose 2 "master skills" 3 "expert skills" 4 "veteran skills" and 5 "novice skills"

Leveling:

The max cap of the game is lvl 50, you can choose to follow the main storyline and complete quests, but you can also just choose to craft your way up to lvl 50, as crafting gives you EXP.

Dictionary:

Gilda coins: These are earned by doing caravan quests, which are quests where you will recieve a package that will slow you down like when you're building ships/houses.

Tear Nuis:

Are earned by adventuring, there will pop-up an image of the coin saying you've earned one. They're mostly at sceneric places, such as hill tops or mountains. There will be no clues on where the tears are, you'll just have to climb mountains.

Master skills:

Your primary skills, it is best to choose a crafting skill and a gathering skill you use for the crafting skill. If you choose to master the skill then you'll be able to reach maximum lvl in it, and build stuff that you wont be able to otherwise.

Expert skills:

It is a good idea to choose a building skill (if you haven't already done that) as building plays a big role in this game.

Veteran skills:

For miscellaneous crafting/gathering skills.

Novice skills:

The skills you use the least.

-Thank you for reading, feel free to correct any flaws you might find, or ask questions.

Autok4n3

Autok4n3

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I may be getting the name confused with something else, but aren't Nui Tears the things that you get from doing your main storyline?

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

I may be getting the name confused with something else, but aren't Nui Tears the things that you get from doing your main storyline?You

You get them for the main story which ends at 30, exploration, daily quests and fishing. Those are the main ways at least.

Autok4n3

Autok4n3

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't quite understand the exploration part. Are there specific tells that let you know where to explore to potentially acquire them? Cuz I've explored the shit out of stuff haha, I see a cool looking rock in the distance, and then i make that my mission until I'm standing on top of said rock!

Edit: Also, it's a total bummer that the story ends at 30. Why wouldn't they make it go until at least 45? I can see just mindlessly grinding out the last few levels and/or crafting your way to finish. Level 30 just seems really low.

sno203

sno203

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

I don't quite understand the exploration part. Are there specific tells that let you know where to explore to potentially acquire them? Cuz I've explored the shit out of stuff haha, I see a cool looking rock in the distance, and then i make that my mission until I'm standing on top of said rock!

Edit: Also, it's a total bummer that the story ends at 30. Why wouldn't they make it go until at least 45? I can see just mindlessly grinding out the last few levels and/or crafting your way to finish. Level 30 just seems really low.

Umm not as far as I know, and as I wrote they're at like beautiful scenic places, such as hill tops. PS rocks aren't clues :P

Autok4n3

Autok4n3

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

My aspirations aren't as little as just any 'ol rock. My rocks are HUGE! When I stand atop this rock, the view that is seen is something life changing! Point being, I see something beautiful, and I'm there, exploring this beautiful thing!

I'll keep a closer lookout from now on.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Some of your information is actually wrong you know >.>

The scarecrow, for example, is not related to the main story quest in any way, it's a separate questline entirely you pick up at around level 10.

sno203

sno203

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Yeah ik :D

Voom

Voom

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Some of your information is actually wrong you know >.>

The scarecrow, for example, is not related to the main story quest in any way, it's a separate questline entirely you pick up at around level 10.

This guide was copied and pasted from the Official Forums (not sure if OP is original author, and ultimately it doesn't matter either way). The Official Forums have a lot of bad and or outdated and or wrong information being posted from players trying to appear "active" in the community to get an Alpha Key. It's just par for the course.

sno203

sno203

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Voom, that is actualy a lie, I asked happyghost on twitch while making this, you can check every guide in the so called "official forum". Ik some of the information is old/wrong that is why I wrote the last part telling you to tell me about any flaws.

If you're thinking of my old post then I accidently made and posted this in the wrong forum thingy, under the "introduction" menu. But I was the orignal maker of this.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Then Happyghost is also wrong I guess. Try asking people that know what they are talking about :P

sno203

sno203

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

@Bran I asked him about some stuff, this was originaly titled "FAQ on Twitch" because a bunch of people were asking the same things on twitch. But I removed the questions and edited it a bit .3.