We need to enhance our security.
Welcome to ArcheAge Source
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting Started - Guide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

This isn't finished and I plan to update it with more detail and any other information that is relevant.

Archeage has a lot to offer and it is often a lot to get your head around when you've just started playing. While you could ignore the other content until you level to the cap and just keep questing, it is better to get a few things out of the way early in order to help set you up better for later on.

The questing in ArcheAge is fairly straightfordward, if you don't skip anything you will be lead around the map until you hit 50, make sure to complete them all as some quests open up other quest givers after you hand them in. If you somehow find yourself with no quests, backtrack a bit because you have surely missed some.

For the first 30 levels you will also be following a storyline (marked as green ! and ? marks, these main quests will frequently reward you with Nui's Tears.

LPPZqHO.png

These are used for buying some important things from Mirage Island (Accessed through the blue portals near housing areas and in cities).

iCQZ1Eq.png

Once you have 30 of these coins, the best thing to do is to buy the plan for a Clipper from the docks on Mirage Island, this is th fastest boat in the game and will allow you to do trades overseas as the rowboat will simply not cut it.

RyqPTsP.png

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/py3sAeD.png[/IMG]

At about level 5 or so you will get a quest to carry a foal horse/deer and get your own mount, you will be provided with a Vita Root seed which you will have to plant as part of the quest, all you need is some water from a nearby well and you are good to go.

Place your baby animal down near the questgiver and proceed to feed,wash and amuse it. When it is grown you can loot it and then summon it from the item in your inventory, put this on your action bar for ease of access.

One of the most important aspects of ArcheAge and its economy is trading, this is the process of creating a trade package from the local specialties at one of these machines:

TSQdd8m.png

When you reach a town called Windshde in Lilyut Hills you will be able to start a questline that will have you doing a series of four 'trade runs'. These quests reward you with a Small Scarecrow, which is critical for starting to grow your own plants/animals, a donkey and for the fourth quest a Large Scarecrow. The first of these quests will require 100 strawberries, at this point you won't have your own farmland so you wither need to find somewhere well hidden or use a public farm (there is one where you get the quest), you can buy the seeds from the seed merchant.

hUroQJy.png

These scarecrows allow you to claim a square of land in the housing/agriculture areas in ArcheAge and give you a protected space to farm.

Q2TJdZi.png

My advice would be to finish the first of these quests as soon as you get it, you will need to grow your own crops and animals.

Once you have the first scarecrow you will want to buy some geese from the livestock vendor and plant some beans bought from the seed vendor. The beans will take around 18 hours to grow so it's good to get these planted sooner rather than later, you need beans to feed the geese to keep them healthy and prune feathers from them. Once you have 50 Goose Downs you have what you need for the second trade quest.

The third trade quest requires a simple 30 stone bricks which is refined from stone mined from Iron veins along with iron ore.

The fourth and final quest is best left until you have a Clipper as you will need to sail over to Haranya to complete it, for this you will need 100 Narcissus flowers, the seeds for these can be bought from the seed vendor.

Important tips:

• If you find any lunadrops or lunastones hang on to them. You can salvage them using Evenstone's bought from the general vendor or blacksmith, they will give you a material you need in order to create Hereafter Stones, these stones allow you to open portals and are extremely important in getting around quickly, these stones are crafted at the Stonemason Workbench.

• Make sure you spend your Labor Points before you go offline, or make sure you won't reach the cap overnight or before you next play if possible, you get experience for all tasks that involve using labor and therefore it is most efficient to keep your bar from reaching the maximum.

• While you are leveling from ` - 30 try and make sure you gather 100 iron ingots, 100 bricks and 110 lumber (300 iron ore, 300 stone and 330 logs unrefined) as you'll need these to craft your Clipper once you have 30 Nui's Tears.

• It's not a bad idea hot keep your mount out while you are in combat, it will gain experience and level up from this as well as being riden, your mount gains skills up to level and can wear better armour the higher level it is.

JohnnyViscerate

JohnnyViscerate

Community Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Good work Bran! I'm working on something similar for Firran.

AASIG_zpsef3abc8c.jpg

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Good work Bran! I'm working on something similar for Firran.

Good stuff, I was thinking of making it good for both but honestly I don't know shit about the Eastern stuff.

sno203

sno203

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Did you take the pictures yourself?

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Did you take the pictures yourself?

Yeah

Sacrius

Sacrius

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

Nice read.

Do I take it that the speedboat is bought with Nui Tears as opposed to Delphi Stars in the Russian version?

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Current prices are 30 tears for the speedboat yeah, it may change though. Probably will.

TheGhost

TheGhost

Community Member

• Members
  • PipPip

it will change to what RU has, since RU is a rolling patch of 1.0 , it has the same prices, but not all of the content yet.

unless Trion deems otherwise the prices of NA will be the same as what RU has (Boat wise)

this is the annoying thing of making guides early on, when the game will update and change. Happened in KR and no one updated the guide. left many confused and lost :) , spent 2 weeks finding how to revive my speed/trade ship until another player went and bought them for me XD.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Yeah i'm aware of RU prices and i'll update accordingly.

Branwulf

Branwulf

Crestfallen Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip

Updated.